Author Topic: 2pac's "R U Still Down" appreciation thread  (Read 507 times)

acbaylove

Re: 2pac's "R U Still Down" appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 11:31:52 PM »
....btw, I agree with the comments made above by Sneaker Pimp about "Still I Rise", and although I've never heard the origional "Black Jesus" I doubt it could beat the version on "Still I Rise".

It's pratically the same.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 11:40:46 PM »
And the videos for RUSD were beautifully artistic projects as well...  "Wonder If Heaven's Got A Ghetto" had him being dropped off in the desert and then the video became very surreal with that car he was riding in to join the other legends riding the bus, then he went deeper into some dreamworld where the numbers on the clock added up to "seven".. the video was biulding his "alive" legend, with him hiding out at a Muslim hospice and then hiding out in the country.  "Do 4 Love" was a cartoon, I wonder if ya'll remember it, it was very colorful, they put full effort into the project and it came out dope.

....btw, I agree with the comments made above by Sneaker Pimp about "Still I Rise", and although I've never heard the origional "Black Jesus" I doubt it could beat the version on "Still I Rise".

I forgot all about Do 4 Love. A Great song with a great video. If all of Pac's posthumous works wer elike this I would have no problem with them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 11:41:56 PM »
Another thing, the Intro track Redemption was always one of my favorite intro tracks from an album.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2005, 01:39:33 AM »
great album, a 4,5/5 for me. Best tracks in my eyes: R U Stil Down, Do 4 Love, Nothing to Lose, When I Get Free

Rudki

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2005, 02:57:01 AM »
glad this album is appreciated by nearly all, love it myself...

"R U Still down" Is one of my faves,and I think "only fear of death" is one of his greatest tracks ever.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »
man all pac albums have somn speciall
lol except the nu mixx shit that def row put out

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 12:57:01 PM »
There is a reason those songs are leftovers.  The album is pretty weak.

::)

You're opinion about 2Pac doesn't mean shit.  You are the definition of a dickrider.

What can I say, I was really looking forward to this album.  He was my favourite rapper at the time and I got this album the day it came out but sadly I was disapointed (I haven't actually listened to it in atleast a year come to think of it).  Like most other double discs it's just too long and has too much filler.  It should have been a single disc.

acbaylove

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 02:35:44 PM »
One thing i'll never understand is how is possible for the fans of a rapper ("He was my favourite rapper at the time") to prefeer a single album to a double! lol, if you want a single just choose 15 tracks and make a CDR copy for yourself. I'll never prefeer a single album to a double one.

Mr.Makaveli

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 02:48:46 PM »
i really enjoyed RUSD

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 02:55:26 PM »
One thing i'll never understand is how is possible for the fans of a rapper ("He was my favourite rapper at the time") to prefeer a single album to a double! lol, if you want a single just choose 15 tracks and make a CDR copy for yourself. I'll never prefeer a single album to a double one.

Most people prefer a single disc rather than a double.
I couldn't make a one disc CD, I didn't have a computer back then.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 05:57:39 PM »
There is a reason those songs are leftovers.  The album is pretty weak.

::)

You're opinion about 2Pac doesn't mean shit.  You are the definition of a dickrider.

What can I say, I was really looking forward to this album.  He was my favourite rapper at the time and I got this album the day it came out but sadly I was disapointed (I haven't actually listened to it in atleast a year come to think of it).  Like most other double discs it's just too long and has too much filler.  It should have been a single disc.

What? U cant be fuckin serious.

My opinion on Pac holds way more weight then yours does, because im about 10,000 times more knowledgable about him and his music then you ever will be, and I reckon most of this board will agree with me on that. Remember that next time u run your mouth.

Me a Tupac dickrider?? You say that like its a bad thing, hahahaha. At least I dickride an artist that actually had talent, as opposed to the millions of 50 cent and Nelly dickriders in the world.

The fact this is a double album is irrelevent, because it was released after his death and wasnt meant to be an album that took his career to the next level or improve from the previous album. It was a gift of more music for his fans to enjoy. If this were an album he released while he was alive you may have a point, but it wasnt, so........
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 06:06:22 PM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 06:46:03 PM »
"Do 4 Love", "Hellrazor", & "R U Still Down" are Pac tracks I always bump from time to time...this album, Still I Rise, All Eyez On Me, & 7 Day Theory are tied as my favorite Pac albums...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 07:11:18 PM »

Yes I am.

My opinion on Pac holds way more weight then yours does, because im about 10,000 times more knowledgable about him.

You're more knowledgable about him, I'll give you that.  I'm sure you have every song, seen all his videos, know where all his tatoos are, know what his ball looks like, etc.  But you opinion regarding him is so clouded because of your obvious somewhat homosexual love for him it just can't be taken seriously.

One the other hand, I have all his albums and have listened to him a lot so when you factor in that with my superior knowledge of hip-hop overall and that fact that I'm not in love with him I'd say that it's a safe bet that...

My Opinion > Your Opinion

Me a Tupac dickrider?? You say that like its a bad thing, hahahaha. At least I dickride an artist that actually had talent, as opposed to the millions of 50 cent and Nelly dickriders in the world

hahahahahahahaha
I can't believe you actually said that.  Next time hit that "Preview" button and read your post first.

The fact this is a double album is irrelevent, because it was released after his death and wasnt meant to be an album that took his career to the next level or improve from the previous album.

If that's the way you look at it, fine.  I'm comparing and treating it like a real album when I rate it or comment on it.  I do not however consider anything after The Don Kiluminati: The 7 Day Theory when discussing his place in history, comparing discographies, etc.  Meaning I don't count these sub-par albums and songs against him.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 07:28:47 PM »

Yes I am.

My opinion on Pac holds way more weight then yours does, because im about 10,000 times more knowledgable about him.

You're more knowledgable about him, I'll give you that.  I'm sure you have every song, seen all his videos, know where all his tatoos are, know what his ball looks like, etc.  But you opinion regarding him is so clouded because of your obvious somewhat homosexual love for him it just can't be taken seriously.

One the other hand, I have all his albums and have listened to him a lot so when you factor in that with my superior knowledge of hip-hop overall and that fact that I'm not in love with him I'd say that it's a safe bet that...

My Opinion > Your Opinion

Me a Tupac dickrider?? You say that like its a bad thing, hahahaha. At least I dickride an artist that actually had talent, as opposed to the millions of 50 cent and Nelly dickriders in the world

hahahahahahahaha
I can't believe you actually said that.  Next time hit that "Preview" button and read your post first.

The fact this is a double album is irrelevent, because it was released after his death and wasnt meant to be an album that took his career to the next level or improve from the previous album.

If that's the way you look at it, fine.  I'm comparing and treating it like a real album when I rate it or comment on it.  I do not however consider anything after The Don Kiluminati: The 7 Day Theory when discussing his place in history, comparing discographies, etc.  Meaning I don't count these sub-par albums and songs against him.

Seriously man, get off your high horse.

Typical hip hop head who thinks he's Mr. Righteous and superior to everyone else. I aint hearin it.

And honestly, I could give two flying fucks what cats over the net think about my opinion.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 07:47:43 PM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

davida.b.

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 07:44:27 PM »

Me a Tupac dickrider?? You say that like its a bad thing, hahahaha. At least I dickride an artist that actually had talent, as opposed to the millions of 50 cent and Nelly dickriders in the world.

This is going in my sig.