1 (5%)
Wade
4 (20%)
Duncun
3 (15%)
Other
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: NBA MVP 2005/2006...lets get some Predictions  (Read 726 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: NBA MVP 2005/2006...lets get some Predictions
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 12:02:37 AM »
News flash: Kobe will NEVER be MVP. Giving somone who had rape charges the best award you can get? The NBA is more political than that.

The NBA backed Kobe when that psycho bitch made up the rape story...If Kobe never gets an MVP award, it'll be the biggest mistake the NBA has ever made...Kobe is one of the greatest guards ever and a HUGE part of the Laker dynasty...If he finishes his career without winning an MVP award, it'll be less "political" than raping 500 bitches with a chainsaw.

The NBA had to support him. He was one of their bigger stars, and a moneymaker for the league. If it was Shawn Bradley facing rape charges (funny image lol), the NBA would hardly make a statement about it. And i dont see why Kobe not getting the award would be a mistake. I mean he hasnt proven he's the MVP yet....so why would it be a surprise if he never does prove it? This year was his first real chance to prove himself, and he failed.

The NBA had to support him cause it was clear since day 1 that Kobe didnt rape that bitch.
And they did the right thing cause Kobe is innocent.
About the MVP title... Kobe still has to prove everything, but he can do it. It's up to him. Jordan won MVP's in his 30's..

i thought we were WAY past the Jordan/Kobe comparisons lol.....besides, didnt Jordan win MVP's in his 20's too?

Yea, and Kobe's still 26...And it's funny how you're saying he wasn't showing himself as a leader when he was basically doing Frank Hamblen's job as coach...Shit, if you watched the games, you could see Kobe guiding the players, talking to them, basically just trying his hardest to reach them...And he got every new player on the Lakers to improve their game from last year...But they still didn't have that click, that chemistry... they were never a steady team, shit, they didn't even have a stable coach...That's why, man, they're in a rebuilding phase...Kobe still has a long time to prove himself a leader, if some people believe he already hasn't...But it'll be clear by the end of his career and if he never wins an MVP, that'll just be a sad mark in pro sports history...PeACe

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 01:30:47 AM »
News flash: Kobe will NEVER be MVP. Giving somone who had rape charges the best award you can get? The NBA is more political than that.

The NBA backed Kobe when that psycho bitch made up the rape story...If Kobe never gets an MVP award, it'll be the biggest mistake the NBA has ever made...Kobe is one of the greatest guards ever and a HUGE part of the Laker dynasty...If he finishes his career without winning an MVP award, it'll be less "political" than raping 500 bitches with a chainsaw.

The NBA had to support him. He was one of their bigger stars, and a moneymaker for the league. If it was Shawn Bradley facing rape charges (funny image lol), the NBA would hardly make a statement about it. And i dont see why Kobe not getting the award would be a mistake. I mean he hasnt proven he's the MVP yet....so why would it be a surprise if he never does prove it? This year was his first real chance to prove himself, and he failed.

The NBA had to support him cause it was clear since day 1 that Kobe didnt rape that bitch.
About the MVP title... Kobe still has to prove everything, but he can do it. It's up to him. Jordan won MVP's in his 30's..

i thought we were WAY past the Jordan/Kobe comparisons lol.....besides, didnt Jordan win MVP's in his 20's too?

Yea, and Kobe's still 26...And it's funny how you're saying he wasn't showing himself as a leader when he was basically doing Frank Hamblen's job as coach...Shit, if you watched the games, you could see Kobe guiding the players, talking to them, basically just trying his hardest to reach them...And he got every new player on the Lakers to improve their game from last year...But they still didn't have that click, that chemistry... they were never a steady team, shit, they didn't even have a stable coach...That's why, man, they're in a rebuilding phase...Kobe still has a long time to prove himself a leader, if some people believe he already hasn't...But it'll be clear by the end of his career and if he never wins an MVP, that'll just be a sad mark in pro sports history...PeACe

not that i wanna get back into this argument again (we've had it a million times lol). When i say leader, i dont just mean directing traffic on the court. I mean, motivating his teammates (which doesnt necessarily come from the court). I watched a lot of the games this year, the team just looked unmotivated in a LOT of games. Players standing around, watching Kobe dribble out the shot clock and throw up a bad shot. They looked frustrated. And its not like u had LAST years team, with a bunch of veterans who were used to winning. You had a whole different team that shouldnt respond to losing with such frustration. They looked like they gave up halfway through the damn season. I blame Kobe. Shit, you cant say Kobe isnt bigger to the Laker organization then Hamblen was lol So yeah, the coach wasnt amazing...but Kobe should have taken all the blame on his shoulders, its what a leader does. When they win, he'll get ALL the credit....when they lose, he should accept the blame.

Has for him getting an MVP, who knows if he ever will. But it doesnt mean anything is wrong with the NBA if he doesnt. We have no idea what turns his career will take from now. He hasnt earned one yet. Who's to say tho, they he WONT go downhill from here? He's a good player, so it isnt like he's gonna completely fall off. But this is basically the middle of his career and his dominance (i dont think) wont be on the uprise from this point...while younger players still get better.

acbaylove

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 04:06:20 AM »

He was a better player, obviously. I just said he got still time to develope as a player, being only 26.

acbaylove

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 04:18:40 AM »
not that i wanna get back into this argument again (we've had it a million times lol). When i say leader, i dont just mean directing traffic on the court. I mean, motivating his teammates (which doesnt necessarily come from the court). I watched a lot of the games this year, the team just looked unmotivated in a LOT of games. Players standing around, watching Kobe dribble out the shot clock and throw up a bad shot. They looked frustrated. And its not like u had LAST years team, with a bunch of veterans who were used to winning. You had a whole different team that shouldnt respond to losing with such frustration. They looked like they gave up halfway through the damn season. I blame Kobe.

I dont. Some games went like that, obviously. For example the Lakers vs Miami one, on xmas, with Kobe doing everything alone. But 90% of the others were different. I mean i have two flashbacks of this season:

1- Rudy T. and F. Hamblen constantly saying during their interviews that other teammates had to be more selfish, taking more responsabiliities, trying to shoot more, without always giving the ball to Kobe when the opponent team was playing aggressive defence. This has nothing to do with Kobe. It's the other teammates who lacked of aggressivity, sometimes. Odom. Shit, Odom was like scared to shoot, this year! And it has nothing to do with Kobe! Odom had to take more responsabilities!

2- I remember a game against Golden State, i think. Last shot for the Lakers, -1 Lakers. Ball to Kobe, Kobe was doubled, he passed it to L. Walton, Walton was all alone from 3pts, 3 seconds left, and instead of shooting the ball, he passed it back to Kobe who was still doubled. Turnover. Warriors won. Shiiiit.

For sure Kobe is a player who shoots a lot. But Lakers scored a lot, that wasnt their problem! If you think Lakers problem was to score then you didnt see the Lakers at all, this season. The problem was that 90% of the times we scored like 105-108 points. But opponents scored 110!! I mean our problem was on defence!!! Rudy T. never coached defense to the Lakers!!! That's probably why he failed. A good coach (ex. Phil, Brown, etc..) coaches DEFENCE first, then attack!!!

We TOTALLY SUCKED ON DEFENCE, this year!! That's why we can improve a lot with Phil. With Phil, we used to have a wonderful defence! We won rings thanx to our defence!! With Rudy T. and Hamblen, we were just embarassing in defence!!

To score is really the last problem, when you have Kobe, Caron and Lamar in your team! We should focus on defence.

Shit, you cant say Kobe isnt bigger to the Laker organization then Hamblen was lol So yeah, the coach wasnt amazing...but Kobe should have taken all the blame on his shoulders, its what a leader does. When they win, he'll get ALL the credit....when they lose, he should accept the blame.

I made you an example, that game against Golden State. Kobe took all the blame, saying he'll pass the ball to Walton next time in a situation like this, that he trusts Walton, and that he did a mistake cause he wasnt ready to receive the ball back. He protected him. And in the next game he gave 6 assists to Walton only. FACT.

Rube_Da_Don_916

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
I mean you can't really say who will win because you never know if a player will emerge way past what anyone was predicting. Like how do you know that Mike Bibby or Stephon Marbury might be in the running and win. You never know.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 01:36:08 AM »
Yea...Tone, it's the defense that killed the Lakers this year...Kobe can't teach 12 players how to play defense...Fact is, they needed a coach...Bird needed a coach, Magic needed a coach, shit, even Jordan needed a coach...Now Kobe is in need of a coach, a coach who can give some motivation and teach some defense...PeACe

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 06:43:57 AM »
Yea...Tone, it's the defense that killed the Lakers this year...Kobe can't teach 12 players how to play defense...Fact is, they needed a coach...Bird needed a coach, Magic needed a coach, shit, even Jordan needed a coach...Now Kobe is in need of a coach, a coach who can give some motivation and teach some defense...PeACe

Ok ok....we agree, your whole team just sucked...not just Kobe.  ;D

bui21

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 10:59:18 AM »
stoudamire