Author Topic: Tim Duncan the greatest power forward of all time?  (Read 775 times)

Doggystylin

Re: Tim Duncan the greatest power forward of all time?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 09:40:04 AM »
Duncan is a great player, and he gets the job done which is what counts I guess but hes such a boring/dull player. The style that he plays makes me fall asleep. His play has no spark or excitement to it, he gets 28 points each game and I dont even notice it. I dont think I've ever seen him catch a alley oop and dunk it in the air. Thats the only reason I don't like him that much, it doesn't mean he isn't a great player, its just my reason.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 02:06:35 PM »
Duncan is a great player, and he gets the job done which is what counts I guess but hes such a boring/dull player. The style that he plays makes me fall asleep. His play has no spark or excitement to it, he gets 28 points each game and I dont even notice it. I dont think I've ever seen him catch a alley oop and dunk it in the air. Thats the only reason I don't like him that much, it doesn't mean he isn't a great player, its just my reason.

so youd like him better if he got 5 alley oops per game, and only scored 10 points? lol

acbaylove

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 04:46:22 PM »
Eventually Duncan can become the greatest PF of all time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 06:35:43 PM »
Saying that is like saying Kobe is the best Guard ever...You can say it, but there's no way to tell until it's all said and done.

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 07:10:14 PM »

too bad hes to much of a pussy to play center.
U MAKE LAKER FANS LOOK BAD
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 07:11:27 PM »

too bad hes to much of a pussy to play center.
U MAKE LAKER FANS LOOK BAD

A person can only make themselves look bad...

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 03:37:45 AM »
Saying that is like saying Kobe is the best Guard ever...You can say it, but there's no way to tell until it's all said and done.

naw...cus im not saying he's the best already. Im saying, take any of those Great power forwards BEST aspects to their individual game....and Duncan can come close to all of them on their BEST category, but he takes them in every other category (not just numbers). Not ONE of them was as well rounded a player as he is. Not one. Obviously he has to finish of his career first, but barring some major injury i dont see him slowing down really. The players who typically slow it down a LOT are the ones who rely solely on athletisism. Thats why i have a hard time backing Amare just yet. He reminds me of Kemp so much.  Skill doesnt dissapear, athletisism does. And VERY few players who relied on their athletisism early in their career...were able to completely adjust their game to fit the loss of it toward the end. MJ is one of the only ones i can think of.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 04:51:26 AM »
^^^whats this article about?

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 04:59:04 AM »
^^^whats this article about?

it was just a buncha ESPN analysts rating the top power forwards of all time...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 04:36:11 PM »
I have to go with Karl Malone on this one. Duncan is too soft to be the best PF ever. The Spurs have won 2 championships and most likely will win another one this year so he has that going for him.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 07:07:18 PM »
Duncun has the championships...3-5 more years of good numbers...he'll be considered the BEST

Unless Garnett wins a championship anytim soon...then Garnett has the title  8)

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Doggystylin

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2005, 07:13:11 PM »

so youd like him better if he got 5 alley oops per game, and only scored 10 points? lol

why couldnt he get 5 alley oops and get 10 points plus 18 more of his boring ass points

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 07:31:22 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who cares if he's fancy as long as he's winning? If he wins this year and one or two more he may make the top ten list all time for players. Definately the top 50.

Karl Malone relied a lot on Stockton. I'd like to see Malone's career without one of the best stealers and set up men in the league. Moses was incerdible. I'm not sure about him vs Duncan just yet. I can't believe the guy who posted he didn't know who Moses Malone was. Garnett's got nothing on Duncan.

Also, people actually call Shaq the most dominant ever? Bill Russel was the most dominat ever, hands down. 11 championship in 13 years, and only missed the finals once. The last two years of his career he won, he was the coach and the team captain. 5 time MVP winner, and really should have been 6 or 7 times. I'd like to see someone argue a guy being more dominant than that.

Doggystylin

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 08:35:08 PM »
you can't really compare the NBA of those days to the NBA of now, the game is so different now.