Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON- VERDICT REACHED  (Read 789 times)

Trauma-san

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON- VERDICT REACHED
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2005, 09:59:29 PM »

When I was 10, I did just that ^.  I took the tape of Motown 25, and watched that same part they're showing above, trying to figure out how the fuck he did that so cool.  I finally got it down, the trick to it is it's an illusion, almost like a magic trick.  The foot that's flat, isn't stationary, that's the foot he's stepping backwards with... so the foot that's cocked up, is actually pushing the other foot backwards.  You cock your foot up on your toe like you're stepping forward, but you use the leverage to push your other foot, flat, backwards, then switch. 

The thing about Michael though, is he gets his whole body into it, he straightens his back up, and moves his shoulders forward and backwards to make his body look like he's walking fowards.  The shit is fucking GENIUS.  Just this one little 2 second clip you'll see better moves than any dancer before or since.  Incredible talent, and he comes up with intelligent little tricks like this just naturally.  He didn't 'invent' the moonwalk, he just copped it, but he perfected it.  Watch his shoulders twist like he's walking forward.  This man is a genius performer, there will never be somebody like that again. 

Edit: P.S., I'm happy to say, when he did his concert in 2001 at Madison Square Garden, he took the stage and did a better version of Billie Jean than he did even on this tape.  He does it even better now, then he did then.  Brilliant performer.  Watch how his hands move forward and shit, his shoulders move, his hands move, his legs move, his feet move, his mouth is snarled, his neck is straight... he dances with his entire fucking body, and doesnt' even count the steps! He just goes out there and starts moving, he claimed that this performance above was all off the cuff, he just went out with a fucking microphone and tore the house down. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 10:02:45 PM by Trauma »