Author Topic: 36 chambers VS ILLMATIC  (Read 2081 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: 36 chambers VS ILLMATIC
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2002, 07:28:33 PM »

i'm not here telling ANYONE what to like or who to like

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

techniec

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2002, 07:51:04 PM »
listen y'all i know more about MUSIC that means my horizons surpass the westcoast rap scene, east coast rap scene put together and times 1000

when you guys start to listen to more music outside of hip hop and expanding your horizons means more than listening to eastcoast/down south music , and you actually PROFESSIONALLY STUDY MUSIC from ALLLLLLL GENRES you'll see where i'm coming from

cough cough egotistical cough

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2002, 08:24:40 PM »
lol so

i'd loooooove to see how your 7 year old ass would respond if some  little french bitch in toronto told you you didn't know shit about snoop dogg

techniec

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2002, 08:45:02 PM »
first of all sonny,  im older than you,

second of all, i wouldnt cry and call him a pop fan and say i know more than him and act bad.........

if some french kid was telling me he knew more than me about snoop, and he was talkin out of his ass, i aint gonna argue with him, its like u cant pick on kids, if hes talkin shit, fuck em, let him clown himself

its called maturity, try it sometime, kid

but

techniec

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2002, 08:47:29 PM »
^^dont mind that "but" i forgot to erase it

i didnt want motherfuckers thinking im calling em but, doesnt really help my argument about whos mature.......lol

KVB

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2002, 09:23:02 PM »
listen y'all i know more about MUSIC that means my horizons surpass the westcoast rap scene, east coast rap scene put together and times 1000

when you guys start to listen to more music outside of hip hop and expanding your horizons means more than listening to eastcoast/down south music , and you actually PROFESSIONALLY STUDY MUSIC from ALLLLLLL GENRES you'll see where i'm coming from

i never said i hated rza, dj premier, battlecat, soopafly, peterock ect. i like them all really, but get real guys THEY ARE OVERRRATED as producers, i bet....wait i know if they went into another genre of music and tried to produce with what they got they'd be run out of the business

rza,soopafly battlecat are overrated simply becuase the way they produce is wwaaaay tooo simple, i swear, if you were JUST learning a musical instrument you could EASILY master any of their catelouge's including cuban linx...look for ANY of their tabs and watch how easy it is to duplicate them all

dj premier and most of the time peterock can't even be considered producers, they plain and simple pull a puff daddy and grab an old song and peice it together with another old song , scratch it and say they 'produced' nas/jay-z/guru a song.....that's not producing that's DJ'ING!!!! the root word in producer is produce, which means to make/create ....not copy and paste...why do you think so many older people who grew up on the old mo town sound , jimi hendrix, the beatles, the stones, lynrd skynyrd. ect. CANT STAND/DESPISE hip hop?? when i was young i didn't understand how someone could look down on rap so much , but NOW I KNOW since i've developed a vast and great sense of music

THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD SOUNDING MUSIC AND GOOD PRODUCTION 70% OF THE TIME

and if the opposite was true, Nelly would be up there with the beatles

it almost makes me laugh and piss my pants how oblivious and ignorant (i'm not saying that as a diss) how people can tell me that i need to expand my horizons or i know nothing about music, or about production, when i could school all those people in hip hop myself and when thos same people can't even tell me simplest shit like what the rollingstones second album in america was or who was Jimi hendrix's producer/manager and where he discovered them off the top of their heads

and to minority, yeah my school is in the heart and soul of the ghetto in east bakersfield....so what, my school is funded though by the second richest district in califonia at the same time and is almost owned by Jose Radando and Buck Owens (REALLY rich mother fuckers) who donate a wad of money to my school so we have shit like Music Apreciation (lol you must be dislexic to not of leanred nothing in there or have a shitty school system)  Production analyse 1,2,and 3, strong body, auto body and paint shop, woodshop, like 20 music departments for band and orchestra, classical piano class, multimedia acadamy, health academy and like a million other things....you know nothing so shut the fuck up, i bet you nor i bo even know the simplest things about production like a snare or basshead are  ::)

i'm not here telling ANYONE what to like or who to like, but please don't make ignorant (not a personal diss) sentaments praising hip hop producers as 'the greatest' when you don't even know a thing about production....at least i have a leg to stand on and knowledge to back that up when i speak out against something. IMO in order to be the greatest at something you have to :

A) be original with your music and how you do it
B) be one of the best if not THE best at what you do and how you do it
C) be able to appeal to the harshest of critics and musically trained
D) conintually proove your 'haters' wrong

dj premier , Alchemist,peterock are EXCELLENT mixers and DJ'ers, BUT it's almost a joke to call them producers sometimes when ..THEY DON"T EVEN PRODUCE SHIT

and as far as all the other producers i can and have called overrated....they are far toooo simplistic and  take the easy way out every time when producing a track to be considered the greatest..even in the simplist form of music , almost, like hip hop when you got guys like Dr. Dre, Dj Quik, Automator, ect who at least put more of an honest/more original/inovative effort into their music

oh yeah

again i'm not dissing or lashing back at anyone but the reason i made that comment to Ibo comparing im with N'syc is becuase alot of you who think highly of these peope reacted just like an N'sync fan would...not to say that dj premier and the rest are POP they're far from that BUT, y'all are saying the same thing as an Nsync fan would if i told them right now that Justin Timberlake is overrated as a singer and Steven Tylor was better. It's called knowing what's up, anyways i'mout peace

Bigjakedoggydogg... get off Dre's dick... Premier is an awesome producer... the G.O.A.T. for me... and no, I'm not ignorant... I have heard almost all Premier productions ever... it don't matter HOW a producer creates a beat... if the beat is catchy and addictive, it's dope, as long it stays from Dre's pop formula... anyway if you really love Dre that much, why don't you go bump your Knoc-Turn'al pop songs... real hip-hop heads like myself listen to Gang Starr, Notorious B.I.G. & KRS-One... fuck Dre's pop-rap... as for the question, I think that Illmatic was the better album, it's a close call though... but albums were dope as hell, definitely hip-hop classics.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2002, 10:40:31 PM »
lol so

i'd loooooove to see how your 7 year old ass would respond if some  little french bitch in toronto told you you didn't know shit about snoop dogg

im belivin that the diss was aimed toward me, since everybody here know that i talk french... so bigjake, lets settle things....

1. You're sayin that you know all about producin... but have u ever produced a track???

2. You're claimin that since i dont live in USA, i shouldnt know much about hiphop (from the quote)... do you know that hiphop came to Europe only 1 year after it began in USA???

3. You're tryin to claim that your position in your musical college makes you entitled to determine whats good, and not....i dont go to such school... but most thing you're paying to learn, or having scholarship, whatever, i got it for free by my big sister

4. You're claiming that if a beat is simpistic, it cant be good... thats the most ignorant statement i ever heard, i woudnt expect it from somebody who's actually goin on a "musical college with rich owners" ... if you havent noticed, hiphop is based in loops, it's ment to be simplistic, some producers are more simplistic, some are less... but everybody plays the simplistic game... some make 2-bars loops, some makes 1 bar loops (like i already stated before) ... the 2 bars loops are popular in westcoast, since funk is based in 2 bars-melodies, while in east, 1 bar-loops are popular, becuz in the beginning they sampled short loops... alotta tracks with 2-bar loops from eastcoast are samples from old funk or motown tracks...
.... but i guess you already learned all that in school, right??

Now lets get into sum producing,,, the secret behind good producing and bad is how you mix the bass with the other instruments, it dont matter if  it's to simplitic, or if it's advanced as hell.... "Dre - Deep Cover" .. probably one of the most simplistic beats ever... but aint nobody claiming that it's a wack track... becuz it's the way it sound that matters... not how complicated it is...

I really dont think you got ANY producing experiences and therefore shouldnt even open your mouth... if im wrong... why dont u post a beat and let WCC cee the skillz you've gained by your "musical college"

im not claiming to be the best producer ever ived or sumthin, but i do know what it takes to make a good beat, and it's not only by bein complicated...

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2002, 12:14:01 AM »
well...hiphop iz tha one genre that iz actually based,from it"z start, on sampling, scratching and mixing.
from tha dayz of Grandmaster Flash.... to tha Sugar hill gang"z "rapperz delight" yall can see dat it"z based on reusing an already existing material while building a new structure to it...thiz iz basiclly what hiphop iz...
this also makes hiphop to be tha one genre where tha line between a producer and a DJ iz very,very blured...
what makes one production better than another iz tha originallity in which tha sample iz used...tha personal new feel tha producer\dj addz to it while using it....tha way it featz tha rapperz delivery and flow and of course tha final result.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

min0rity

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2002, 08:48:18 AM »
first off hellrazor, yo come talk to me when you learn the real hip-hop instead of dickriding on bone all the time...you punk fag

bigjakedoggydogg...what i was speaking on is that you DON'T COME WITH THE FACTS...all you do is talk bullshit about what you THINK you know but yet ignorantly calls dj primo, rza, and others OVERRATED....and yeah i DON'T know about producing cuz i don't produce...i rap....but music appreciation you DON'T learn about how to produce motherfucker don't even try to lie and say you learn shit from there cuz you don't and i go to a college class..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2002, 10:24:00 AM »

kvb, why do you even bother? seriously you proove my n'sync theory right. your acting ignorant to the process of how beats are made. i'm not sayin the beats premo makes are bad ...all i'm saying is the way he makes them are easy as fuck ....and IMO if your the "GREATEST" you should be 1 in a million and be hard to duplicate and have a better aproach....and i only mentioned dre's name once in my epic respsonse i mentioned the beatles and the stones far more.....and i don't even consider dre pop ....if dre was soooo pop why would rakim be with him and praise him more than the other producers he's worked with in the past? and for the record probably the greatest contemporary producer EVER , Quincy Jones, was a pop composer ... it doesn't matter how 'real' or 'street' you shit is but how much quality is behind the making of your compositions that make you great...KVB until you actually know what goes on behind the scences of production stay out of topics like this, saying DJ premier is the greatest ever so bluntly is like saying Denis Rodman is the greatest ever....dj premier might be the greatest DJ ever....like rodman might be the greatest rebounder ever, but over neither of them are the best composer/basketball player

IBO, you obviously didn't read my post....half of my shit was diriected at Tech, KVB, and minority...i'm throuh with your ass you already prooved your not on my levle. every thing your saying i was implying or trying to say is false, i'm sorry you didn't read my post right or at all and to answer your little question yes i have produced shit....i fucking produce 2 rock bands; my cousin's , and a local one , and in production class i've made a grip of shit that's on tape. i'm sorry but just becuase your sister (who could be irv gotti's neice for all i care) don't have SHIIT on the people who've i learned from and studied, and i'm not saying if it's simple tha it sux, it goes even deeper than , fuck it...dude this whole argumet doesn't even matter and i'm just going to ignore you guys because your OBVIOUSLY are all ignorant and uneducated

it's like trauma said about indian music " western culture is doing eastern indian culture no favors"

ALSO

UNTIL EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU EXPAND YOUR MINDS AND STOP LIMITIING YOUR SELF TO HIP HOP (FAR FROM EVEN THE GREATEST GENRE OF MUSIC) AND START LISTENING TO THE CLASSIC STUFF AND THE CLASSIC STUFF FROM THE LAST CENTURY IN OTHER GENRES .....SHUT YOUR MOUTH....it's like tech said

if some french kid was telling me he knew more than me about snoop, and he was talkin out of his ass, i aint gonna argue with him, its like u cant pick on kids, if hes talkin shit, fuck em, let him clown himself

exactly i'm not going to argue with all of you no more, because even though some of you might be a little bit older than me age wise, musically i can honestly say that i'm musically older or maturer than most of you , it's like a talib kweli fan arguing with nelly fans, i'm just gonna let you clown your selfs

techniec

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2002, 10:28:49 AM »
^^^shut the fuck up man, you clowned ya self already

even if the whole board told you you was wrong, you would still talk shit

ignorance dont go away that easy

some fuckin kid goes to music class after school and we all become n sync fans, shut the fuck up geek

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2002, 10:38:17 AM »
::) yeah and britain and canada won the WAR right,lol  ::)

i'd rather be an intellegent geek that does possitive things in my life than an ignorant immmature finger pointer

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2002, 10:42:11 AM »
i really hate how off topic this post has gotten (i'm partly to blame for it though) so i want this topic to go back to talking about illmatic and 36 chambers

if someone wantsto start a topic about production be my guest!  :)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2002, 11:03:27 AM »
PROFESSIONALLY STUDY MUSIC from ALLLLLLL GENRES

And u mean 2 tell us u study that professionally?

dj premier and most of the time peterock can't even be considered producers, they plain and simple pull a puff daddy and grab an old song and peice it together with another old song , scratch it and say they 'produced' nas/jay-z/guru a song.....

Weren't tha one that told me that those producers are wayy better than Dj Uneek in our Bone Thug Arguements?

and to minority, yeah my school is in the heart and soul of the ghetto in east bakersfield....

::)

And 4 tha record I-BO and Suga Foot are tha best producers that eva came outta this board.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2002, 11:12:30 AM »

IBO, you obviously didn't read my post....half of my shit was diriected at Tech, KVB, and minority...i'm throuh with your ass you already prooved your not on my levle. every thing your saying i was implying or trying to say is false, i'm sorry you didn't read my post right or at all and to answer your little question yes i have produced shit....i fucking produce 2 rock bands; my cousin's , and a local one , and in production class i've made a grip of shit that's on tape. i'm sorry but just becuase your sister (who could be irv gotti's neice for all i care) don't have SHIIT on the people who've i learned from and studied, and i'm not saying if it's simple tha it sux, it goes even deeper than , fuck it...dude this whole argumet doesn't even matter and i'm just going to ignore you guys because your OBVIOUSLY are all ignorant and uneducated

lol.. whathever fool....