Author Topic: 36 chambers VS ILLMATIC  (Read 2101 times)

techniec

Re: 36 chambers VS ILLMATIC
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2002, 02:21:12 AM »
and btw, i have moment of truth and dozens of primo tracks ive downloaded,

so i think im qualified  in speaking on Primo, some thing youre not

funny style, im such a bigger west coast head, and this fag thinks hes the don or something

one
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

min0rity

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2002, 02:45:00 AM »
yo anyways, man i don't even have to explain again why primo, rza, and pete rock ain't nowhere near overrated...i mean first of all, how the fuck can they be overrated when NOBODY talks about them barely???? but yet they bring straight heat to the table...shit you wanna call overrated you better talk about dre and timberland....have you heard any of wu's albums???? any gangstarrs??? songs like "represent", "world is yours", "ny state of mind", "unbelieveable" "devils" "dead presidents" i mean damn the list goes on.......

techniec

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2002, 08:48:11 AM »
yo anyways, man i don't even have to explain again why primo, rza, and pete rock ain't nowhere near overrated...i mean first of all, how the fuck can they be overrated when NOBODY talks about them barely???? but yet they bring straight heat to the table...shit you wanna call overrated you better talk about dre and timberland....have you heard any of wu's albums???? any gangstarrs??? songs like "represent", "world is yours", "ny state of mind", "unbelieveable" "devils" "dead presidents" i mean damn the list goes on.......

word

Smooth

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2002, 10:30:44 AM »
damn Jake... your comin off as arrogant as fuck... just cause a beats simplistic doesn't mean it's not good...the beats good if it's catchy, gets your head nodding and you FEEL IT... nuff said... and you sayin Premier is overrated? that's just hilarious homie... quit being so ignorent
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Don Seer

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2002, 10:37:05 AM »
Smooth and anyone else comin in late should read this thread below.

http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/wcc/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1018017424  ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2002, 10:44:36 AM »
anyways..... bringing the shit back on topic....

i slept on illmatic for a long ass time, i was into 36 chambers pretty much out of the gate.. it was dope at the time... ruff, rugged and raw as fuck.

looking at it now beatwise illmatic creams all over it, primo, pete rock and .. ya'll forgot the man Q-TIP.. laced some gems.

i feel illmatic a lot more these days, i'm not really the best person to judge lyrics, but i know illmatic well... and 36 chambers, i havent listened to for a while (i prefer Forever :O way betta production IMO) and its not the kinda shit i kick back and listen to... if i wanted to get pumped for something i'd throw it and something like 'Bow Down' on.

KVB

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2002, 03:20:57 AM »

KVB , i've heard almost all of Dj premiers works, i own all but 1 of Gangstarrs albums, all the classics he's been on ...i.e ready to die, reasonable doubt (not classic but people say it is so i'm putting it in there) illmatic, ect. and everything in between like fat joe and little mixtapes and shit, ....go read my reviews at hip hop reviewed i'm SURE i've reviewed at least 1 or 2 albums he's been on....i've probably heard his whole catelouge of music just like i've heard all of Dre's, all of Quik's, all of ant bank's....hell i've probably heard more than you so shut up with all that ....it doen't matter if i've listened to 2000 or 20 dj premier songs....HE"S OVERRATED AS A PRODUCER ...DEAL WITH IT.

TECH....i bet you've heard like 2 or 3 dj premier songs in your life mr. "i'm just now feeling eminem" "i just noticed eazy e dissed doc" lol you don't have a rock to stand on ...get off my nuts you oblivious ignorant twat

Alright... I'ma tell you for the last time... (DJ) Premier is NOT an overrated producer in any sense... I'm sure any real hip-hop head will agree with me.. I doubt you have listened to all Gang Starr albums, because any person who have would recognize Premier's superior production skills... for real dogg... just listen to "Moment Of Truth"... a brilliantly produced album, on par with "Dr. Dre 2001" production AND rapping wise... peep "Work", "Moment Of Truth", "She Knowz What She Wantz", for example... and don't tell me the songs ain't composed by Primo himself... really you're just making a fool outta yourself by saying this... if you wanna talk BS outta your ass then fine with me... I ain't gonna argue any more until give me with some reasons why Premier is overrated, which you've failed to so far... anyway that's all... peace

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2002, 07:41:10 AM »

Vs

There is no winner in this one, now that I think about it.
The only winner' is the fan who still to this day bump's them like it was 93-94 respect.

a Tight battle of two of the greatest lp's ever.
I had posted my choice as "Illmatic" the last time I posted but the topic got diluted with all the verbal boxing.
I'll have to give it a tie now considering both carrer's are still here and strong as hell.

Let's keep it going homies...

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2002, 07:55:36 PM »
the way dj premier produces and passes his shit off as original is overrated...that is the truest thing you'll ever hear in your life. why do you think people who grew up on Hendrix and The 'Stones hate rap so much...lol ?

i don't hate the man or his music (infact i enjoy premier rza battlecat ect)

i'm not trying to tell you what to listen to , i'm just giving you the EDUCATED facts. i've even broken it down for you how premier makes a track compared to ummm let's say Quincy Jones or Automator...anyone would see and i'm pretty sure agree why i'd say DJ Premier is overrated , and i just find it hilarious how peole say DJ Premire is the "the best" or one of the best "producers" in rap. One of the best DJ's YES (duh, tht's not even debatable) but producers......eeeeehhh no, i'm sorry. Plus premier has done little or nothing to further his style or sound....and you'll see by asking any music critic why they trash musicians  who don't further their sound. Take Metallica for example (my fav band ever btw) ALOT of critics pan 'Master of Puppets' for not further their sound becuase it's formula is ALOT like 'Ride the lightning's' even though  'master of puppets' is the better album  and can be crowned as the best metal album of the 80's. Also you'll notice how allmusic.com pans doggystyle and murder was the case soundtrack for not doing this either (oh look i just threw dre into this negatively, wow i'm such a dizzy dr. dreer rider **cough cough overseer** lol.

fuck i just went on too long....and went off topic....oh fucking well i'm not mod no more so what do i got to worry about, i can't delet myself

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

KVB

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2002, 09:04:01 PM »
the way dj premier produces and passes his shit off as original is overrated...that is the truest thing you'll ever hear in your life. why do you think people who grew up on Hendrix and The 'Stones hate rap so much...lol ?

i don't hate the man or his music (infact i enjoy premier rza battlecat ect)

i'm not trying to tell you what to listen to , i'm just giving you the EDUCATED facts. i've even broken it down for you how premier makes a track compared to ummm let's say Quincy Jones or Automator...anyone would see and i'm pretty sure agree why i'd say DJ Premier is overrated , and i just find it hilarious how peole say DJ Premire is the "the best" or one of the best "producers" in rap. One of the best DJ's YES (duh, tht's not even debatable) but producers......eeeeehhh no, i'm sorry. Plus premier has done little or nothing to further his style or sound....and you'll see by asking any music critic why they trash musicians  who don't further their sound. Take Metallica for example (my fav band ever btw) ALOT of critics pan 'Master of Puppets' for not further their sound becuase it's formula is ALOT like 'Ride the lightning's' even though  'master of puppets' is the better album  and can be crowned as the best metal album of the 80's. Also you'll notice how allmusic.com pans doggystyle and murder was the case soundtrack for not doing this either (oh look i just threw dre into this negatively, wow i'm such a dizzy dr. dreer rider **cough cough overseer** lol.

fuck i just went on too long....and went off topic....oh fucking well i'm not mod no more so what do i got to worry about, i can't delet myself

I ain't gonna say nothing more... nobody here agrees with you... if you wanna keep your opinions (which is completely absurd) that's fine with me... I ain't gonna argue no more

Peace

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2002, 09:19:48 PM »
just becuase people here don't agree with something , doesn't make it right,some/ALOT of  people here think snoop is some kind of genius lyracist. i like snoop but i won't hesitate to call him overrated, just like i like premo but i won't hesitate to call him overrated now, now that i know what real production is . That's kind've a good comparison i think  and everything i said was fact, not opininon, i said i liked premo (which is an opinon) but the way he produces is overrated (proven fact)

KVB

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2002, 09:23:25 PM »
i said i liked premo (which is an opinon) but the way he produces is overrated (proven fact)

And how is that a proven fact ?
Because you think he's overrated, it's a proven fact ?  ::)
btw.. I don't see many people/media praising Primo.. I would rather call him underrated... that is a definite fact

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2002, 09:39:48 PM »
dude i want you to do yourself a favor ok

tommorow, go to your library.....and check out a book that says "the history and examination of musical production (non classical)"

and you'll see exactly where i'm coming from with all this....same with everyone elsetoo

KVB

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2002, 10:52:29 PM »
dude i want you to do yourself a favor ok

tommorow, go to your library.....and check out a book that says "the history and examination of musical production (non classical)"

and you'll see exactly where i'm coming from with all this....same with everyone elsetoo

*sigh*  ::)

This discussion is over.

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2002, 12:06:15 AM »
pete rock   is a    genius .       period.  

download     "Today"   by   Tom  Scott        and  you'll see why.

crate diggin    and   dissectin  a   sample     takes   a  whole lotta skill.      its just somethin   your  born with the  ability  to do ............   otherwise   WE   WOULD  ALL    be  in the studio makin beats.