Author Topic: ACDC out sells Michael Jackson Eagles beat thriller album in sales  (Read 653 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
 Thriller second best album of all time. Eagles take reign. link below
http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topalbums.asp

What surprises me is Jacko not even in the top 10 for volume of sales.

AC/DC Beat Jacko
antiMusic reports: Jacko may have won his trial but the Thunder from Down Under, AC/DC, have put his King of Pop title in question. Plus Gene Simmons can not be pleased that he has been beat by the Carpenters and Sade. Want to add insult to injury? Motley Crue, a band that once was kicked out of an opening slot on a KISS tour beat Gene and Company too. This according the RIAA's latest best selling figures for albums in the U.S. In fact, KISS didn't even make the Top 100. Some other numbers that might be shocking; did you know that AC/DC has outsold The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen and the so called King of Pop, Michael Jackson? 

The RIAA list was updated last week and indicates collective album sales for artists in the U.S. Of course, The Beatles topped the list with combined unit sales of 168.5 million in the US. Elvis was a distant second with 116.5 million with Led Zeppelin rounding out the Top 3 with 107.5 million albums sold in the US. 

[see full story for more including the Top 100 list

Leggy Hendrix

Re: ACDC out sells Michael Jackson Eagles beat thriller album in sales
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:23:33 AM »
Big Willie Style sold 9 million fuckin copies!?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 07:33:19 AM »
the first figure is how many times platinum...

LIFE AFTER DEATH
 NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
 BAD BOY/ARISTA
10 x plat.. where is pac? ;)

ALL EYEZ ON ME
 2 PAC
 DEATH ROW/INTERSCOPE

GREATEST HITS
 2 PAC
 INTERSCOPE

THE EMINEM SHOW
 EMINEM
 INTERSCOPE

DR. DRE 2001
 DR. DRE
 INTERSCOPE

HARD KNOCK LIFE, VOLUME 2
 JAY-Z
 ROC-A-FELLA

album i own and surprised were up there are..

THROWING COPPER
 LIVE
 RADIOACTIVE

SKID ROW
 SKID ROW
 ATLANTIC

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 07:48:09 AM »
I got a strong feeling Back in Black will the number one spot in our lifetime. The album is so raw and poppy at the same time. It's one of the only albums I can think of that can fully please the underground and the teeny boppers at the same time. It just keeps on gaining, both in the states and world wide. It's also the kind of music that could be featured in big time movies. Remember what Ghost did for the Righeous Brothers' Unchained Melody? With the right movie using either Back in Black, You Shook Me All Night Long, or Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, I could see the next batch of kids really getting into this record. When I look at the 4 albums ahead of it I see a greatest hits that is very soft and would turn off a lot of alt. music heads (and also has multiple better versions), a huge pop album that sounds dated with a lot of it's songs (everything outside the big 3 singles from Thriller sound like Disco leftovers). The Wall is way too art Rock to keep moving units like it once did, and it's a double album so it really didn't sell 23 million copies, and Led Zeppelin 4 may be the best of the bunch but I can't see the kids of tommorow geting into the old sounding production, but with a remastered release it may ver well happen.

Back in Black and 4 will top this list eventually.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 09:26:01 AM »
thriller is still the biggest selling album worldwide though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:28:11 AM »
Led Zeppelin wont be 3rd for long...Garth is right behind them
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

T-Dub

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »
thanks for the link

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »
I'm confused.  The list I'm seeing has the Eagles at 1st place, where they've been for a while, Michael still at second, and the AC/DC at 4th... but yet the title says AC/DC beats Michael, and the post implies it too.  ?  Anybody care to explain to me how 22 million album sales is more than 27 million album sales? 

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 02:52:13 PM »
Oh, and by the way, everybody knows the Elvis and Beatles records are fucked up, because there was a fire years ago that destroyed the album sales records up until that point for Elvis and the Beatles respectfully.  They're both probably much higher. 

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »
I'm confused.  The list I'm seeing has the Eagles at 1st place, where they've been for a while, Michael still at second, and the AC/DC at 4th... but yet the title says AC/DC beats Michael, and the post implies it too.  ?  Anybody care to explain to me how 22 million album sales is more than 27 million album sales? 

they're talking complete sales..AC/DC has sold more than Jackson in the US

http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »
i agree with whoever said that back in black will be the number one album of all time eventually in our lifetime. it's STILL one of the highest selling back catalouge albums of all time and new generations of rock fans keep discovering it and embracing it.

also looking at the all time best selling artist list, i can see metallica overtaking some people because after the beatles they have the best selling back catalouge on all of their albums

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 05:34:55 PM »
the first figure is how many times platinum...

LIFE AFTER DEATH
 NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
 BAD BOY/ARISTA
10 x plat.. where is pac? ;)

ALL EYEZ ON ME
 2 PAC
 DEATH ROW/INTERSCOPE

GREATEST HITS
 2 PAC
 INTERSCOPE

THE EMINEM SHOW
 EMINEM
 INTERSCOPE

DR. DRE 2001
 DR. DRE
 INTERSCOPE

HARD KNOCK LIFE, VOLUME 2
 JAY-Z
 ROC-A-FELLA

album i own and surprised were up there are..

THROWING COPPER
 LIVE
 RADIOACTIVE

SKID ROW
 SKID ROW
 ATLANTIC

Keep in mind, All Eyez On Me hasnt been updated in like over 7 years. Shits probably sold close to 11 or 12 million, and I wouldnt be surprised if it was unofficially the best selling rap album of all time by now. That album is STILL a hot back catalog seller even today. Its pushing more units (even though its 9 years old) then some of the more recent big selling rap albums like GRODT (which is only 2 years old).

"Greatest Hits" is probably diamond too, which would make Pac the first and only rapper to have TWO diamond albums.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:44:33 PM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 05:52:27 PM »
I thought Off The Wall sold more than 7 million ???

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 06:46:45 PM »
I thought Off The Wall sold more than 7 million ???

i think this is just counting U.S. sales, worldwide it has sold  over 7 million

thriller is still the biggest selling album worldwide though.

;D ;D ;D

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 07:35:54 PM »

To be honest in Australia you would swear most of their albums were only released last year. There is a massive fan base over here of old and young, and due to the simplistic nature of their music not overly trying to suit a certain generation style, the fan base will only continue. Especially since there's meant to be a new AC/DC cd coming out, guaranteed to be another medicore release like everything in past 10yrs, but will still probably sell 10+million copies.

I'm a massive fan of the group, but the main thing that attracted me to listening to the band was the Bon Scott era. I really only liked about 4 albums from the Johnson era.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)