Author Topic: 50 Greatest West coast albums of all time *DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY*  (Read 1360 times)

LAZEEEEEEEEEEE

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Oracle
Re: 50 Greatest West coast albums of all time *DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY*
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2005, 07:51:16 PM »
Hey R-Tistic, I just realized why you favor The Game. Correct me if I am wrong, but was it you that produced a song for The Game?

Yeah, but bein honest....even tho I know him and most of the BWS camp and work with them, that really has NO influence in why I thought it was a good album. I mean Murs is my cousin who I've known all my life...if I was gonna be bieased, I'd put all his albums in the Top 20 as well. Game's album just appealed to my ears a whole lot, and that's the end of the story.
I think you still may favor them because you know them like a subliminal bias and you kind of force yourself to like the album more because of your affiliation with em.........i know it's all opinion and all and i have no problemz wit anybody'z lists it'z juss i find it reallly really hard to put game's album in top 20 when their's just so many more better westcoast albumz.......... it seemz ppl overhype the game because they want the west back in da limelight dat'z just how i see it......plus da album still has to digest for a couple years and shit and see if you can still say the same thang....

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2005, 08:00:31 PM »
Hey R-Tistic, I just realized why you favor The Game. Correct me if I am wrong, but was it you that produced a song for The Game?

Yeah, but bein honest....even tho I know him and most of the BWS camp and work with them, that really has NO influence in why I thought it was a good album. I mean Murs is my cousin who I've known all my life...if I was gonna be bieased, I'd put all his albums in the Top 20 as well. Game's album just appealed to my ears a whole lot, and that's the end of the story.
I think you still may favor them because you know them like a subliminal bias and you kind of force yourself to like the album more because of your affiliation with em.........i know it's all opinion and all and i have no problemz wit anybody'z lists it'z juss i find it reallly really hard to put game's album in top 20 when their's just so many more better westcoast albumz.......... it seemz ppl overhype the game because they want the west back in da limelight dat'z just how i see it......plus da album still has to digest for a couple years and shit and see if you can still say the same thang....

That would make sense, but I don't know if I could even explain why I think it's a bomb ass album and sound anything near convincing. For one....I'm a producer, and I listen to the production on an album more than anything else, not just the beats but the overall result of the song, and production wise the album was top notch. Not just the beats, but how he flowed to the beats, the hooks for the songs, and whatever else makes me want to play an album. Next, it's 2005, and it's hard as hell to find new west coast rap that sounds like it did in the 90s, because rap has evolved so much. But with this album, Game is spittin with a definite 2005 style, which many say is east coast even tho many LA rappers have been doin it since 2002, and it is this style on top of the best possible modern day west coast AND east coast beats. Most of my favorite west coast albums are a lot different from this one, because they all sound like the typical west coast albums as far as the flow, content, and music. But I am not just a west coast fan like many people here, I listen to EVERYTHING, I just like west coast rap the most because I grew up under it. This album appealed to my LA senses AND my "east coast"/"nationwide" senses, if you get what I am sayin. So in all, this is my favorite west coast album that sounds like a blend of east and west together, because that usually doesn't turn out too good. And yea, I might feel different about it in a few years, but I've played this album 100,000s of times and I haven't really got tired of it, so that is a sign that it should still sound good in a long time.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2005, 11:31:42 PM »
Lil Jon has made a much bigger 'impact' than DJ Quik or Ant Banks.

would you list him higher then those 2 aswell?

Well, Lil' Jon isn't from the westcoast so I don't think I'd put his albums above any from DJ Quik or Ant Banks.

vanilla ice and mc hammer both made a bigger impact than the game.  who gives a fuck about impact.  impact can have nothing to do with how good the music is.

But it is a factor in how great an album is.  Which by the thread title seems to be what we're looking for here.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2005, 11:42:38 PM »
Yea King T's - Thy kingdom Come is a mad album, old school at its best and so is Big Skye's - Big Yo Self

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2005, 01:50:33 PM »
Yea King T's - Thy kingdom Come is a mad album, old school at its best and so is Big Skye's - Big Yo Self

If I was going to put a King T album in my top 10, I'd put the Triflin album or IV Life way ahead of Thy Kingdom Come. Both of those albums were put together much better than Thy Kingdom Come, IMO. I almost put the Triflin Album in my top 20 but opted for the Alkaholiks 21 and Over album instead. If yall haven't heard the Triflin album or IV Life, yall need to check that out.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels