Author Topic: Obie Trice -2nd Round's on Me- Dec 3rd, 4 Dr Dre cuts...  (Read 649 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Obie Trice -2nd Round's on Me- Dec 3rd, 4 Dr Dre cuts...
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 09:41:41 AM »
Personally, I thought Cheers was a dope album. All Dre's tracks were bangers, Em dropped a few tight beats and Obie came correct for the most part.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2005, 09:45:31 AM »
"Shit Hits The Fan" was the only banger on the Cheers album, and Dre's verse on that song killed Obie's.

...Obie was tight back in the day with "Dope, Jobs, Homeless", on that old bootlegged EP that he had, but he changed his style when he got signed and now he thinks that he's a baller or something.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2005, 09:53:58 AM »
obies album wouldnt be shit without dre and the features, dre produced some of the best shit he produced in a while on that album and it just happened to be on obies cd, which definately helped him, and the production was dope.......his got nice lyrics, but mad overrated, lyrics aint shit if u cant spit fly,

he got outshone on every feature on the album, dre murdered him on shit hits the fan, not even close......

obie came at his best on the dre beats, but album is mad ovverrated by eminem groupies, obie dont fit in that white shit, like got some teeth, and like many ppl have said, cheers is all about the production and features, he spits some nice lyrics, but cheers aint nuttin special

straight outta cashville as a album is better than cheers, cuz buck holds it down from top to bottom, buck shook most ppl on that album noone was expectin it but without any dre beats, eminem beats, mad hype or anything, he sold as much as obie and dropped a better album, and his first single was better also.......

cheers>encore, banks cd, d12 cd n co but if u think obie is way better than anyone on g unit y'all crazy, there aint much difference between these niggaz.......

buck flow>obies flow
50 hooks>obie hooks

see this topic makes it sound like im mad hatin on obie, but naaaw, i judge without being biased towards anyone and i agree with the ppl who said cheers aint really shit.....

setup remix was sick...but that was cuz of the hook and features, i dont even pay attention to obies verse

pz