Author Topic: Are Country music and Heavy Metal music a racist Genre? Both Sides....  (Read 692 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
I happened to be Black american who loves Metal. In the vein of Meshuggah, Slipknot, etc... I also grew up on Led Zeppelin, Confunktion, rolling stones, Prince, Isley Brothers etc... My favorite band was Kiss during my preteen years. In my early thirties I love hiphop especially emcees who can spit verbal beatdowns like old Eminem, Chino xl. But when I mention I like Beatles, Rolling Stones, and heavy metal to blacks they say its "white man's music". I could see country to a degree. Because, admit it or not, looking at a country music awards and I've never seen any diversity in their audience. I believe to each his own. I don't see how anyone can say a certain genre is white or black. To me, its about personal taste. Maybe I answered my own question, but rock and roll, country, etc... all comes from the style of blues. Right?

J Bananas

Right, and a thousand black people all wearing white tees and big platinum chains at the source awards is diversity. Every music genre has its core demographic and thats who is represented on television. there's nothin "racist" about it. oh except for the fact that heavy metal and country are primarily white and its easy to accuse whitey of "racism" these days, its almost for sport.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I happened to be Black american who loves Metal. In the vein of Meshuggah, Slipknot, etc... I also grew up on Led Zeppelin, Confunktion, rolling stones, Prince, Isley Brothers etc... My favorite band was Kiss during my preteen years. In my early thirties I love hiphop especially emcees who can spit verbal beatdowns like old Eminem, Chino xl. But when I mention I like Beatles, Rolling Stones, and heavy metal to blacks they say its "white man's music". I could see country to a degree. Because, admit it or not, looking at a country music awards and I've never seen any diversity in their audience. I believe to each his own. I don't see how anyone can say a certain genre is white or black. To me, its about personal taste. Maybe I answered my own question, but rock and roll, country, etc... all comes from the style of blues. Right?

It's just as much blackman's music as white man's music. Particularly the Beatles and Stones who started out by playing Blues and RnB (which later became Rock n Roll). Even Country has some roots in the old slave music. In a lot of ways it's both, but to call a type of american music just white or just black is wrong. Metal came primarily from Zeppelin and Zeppelin were greatly influenced and ripped off in some cases, the blues. Look at hip hip, sure it started in the Bronx but most of the samples came from white rock tunes, and even Bob Dylan was doing things simlar to rapping in the 60s. American music is black and white. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a brainwashed racist fool.

ABN

it´s not racist in that way but a lot of racist bands have used country and rock & roll as a tool to express their feelings towards blacks,latinos,jews,gays etc etc the same way a lot of black people has taken hip hop and made racist music towards other races. but to label a form of music racist or what not coz of the color of the fan base of that music is stupid. but on the country side it is a little different coz a lot of country artists has openly expressed their hate towards american minorities especially black people but that still doesn´t make country music racist in general coz i´m sure that there is a few black country musicians out there.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
it´s not racist in that way but a lot of racist bands have used country and rock & roll as a tool to express their feelings towards blacks,latinos,jews,gays etc etc the same way a lot of black people has taken hip hop and made racist music towards other races. but to label a form of music racist or what not coz of the color of the fan base of that music is stupid. but on the country side it is a little different coz a lot of country artists has openly expressed their hate towards american minorities especially black people but that still doesn´t make country music racist in general coz i´m sure that there is a few black country musicians out there.

Some? Sure. A lot? I don't think so. How many do you know of?

ABN

Some? Sure. A lot? I don't think so. How many do you know of?
like i said there´s prolly a few

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Music is music. I don't see rock or country as white man's music at all, after all, the first few rock musicians where black and rock came from blues. Those that say that rock is white man's music really need to study the history of music, or else they wouldn't be saying that.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Diabolical

Metal really started wih Black Sabbath and they were basically a blues band who were "dark" in style.

Thirteen

look up David Alan Coe for country music

that's some racist shit

but not all country music is like that, only a small percentage

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
music doesnt have a color

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
look up David Alan Coe for country music

that's some racist shit

but not all country music is like that, only a small percentage

David Allan Coe is not racist, and most of the racist songs you download by him aren't really by him. He has one song that is definately racist and that's "Nigger Fucker", but it was on an album filled with songs that made fun of everybody and everything. The song says that white women and black men shouldn't be together but his drummer is black and has a white wife. If he was so racist why would he accept that?

The Johnny Rebel songs are the racist songs, but even those are comedy. Johnny Rebel was a fictitious artsist in the mid 60s who was actually several different people. The songms were made at a timne where a lot of poor white people were getting the shaft because of Johnson's reforms. Now what Johnson did for blacks was long overdue, but a lot of poor whites didn't agree with having to suffer so people they never personally profited off of can rise up. Right or wrong, they were angry. But none of them were David Allan Coe.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

It's just as much blackman's music as white man's music. Particularly the Beatles and Stones who started out by playing Blues and RnB (which later became Rock n Roll). Even Country has some roots in the old slave music. In a lot of ways it's both, but to call a type of american music just white or just black is wrong. Metal came primarily from Zeppelin and Zeppelin were greatly influenced and ripped off in some cases, the blues. Look at hip hip, sure it started in the Bronx but most of the samples came from white rock tunes, and even Bob Dylan was doing things simlar to rapping in the 60s. American music is black and white. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a brainwashed racist fool.

metal came from steppen wolf and the whole SF pschodelic scene, with elements of what jimi hendrix did, and cream.......the FIRST Metal band was and always has been Sabbath. Led Zeppelin's harder sound came after 1970 when black sabbath came out
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 07:33:24 PM by Fear and Loathing in Bakersfield »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Metal really started wih Black Sabbath and they were basically a blues band who were "dark" in style.

^ yeah they were a blues band called "earth" then they saw a horror movie and ozzy and geezer were all "they have horror movie genre" rock should have somethin similar....black sabbath was born

Sikotic™

I mean, there's racism in all genres. Look at Ras Kass and that new song he made "Fuck White People". Not to be partial, but hip hop has become a lot more diverse recently, more than heavy metal or country. It all boils down to cultural upbringing and stuff though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
I mean, there's racism in all genres. Look at Ras Kass and that new song he made "Fuck White People". Not to be partial, but hip hop has become a lot more diverse recently, more than heavy metal or country. It all boils down to cultural upbringing and stuff though.

country maybe , but not metal ...lol