Author Topic: Truth Hurts Arrived This Morning! Production+Shock  (Read 911 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Truth Hurts Arrived This Morning! Production+S
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2002, 07:53:17 AM »
man i was gonna cop this muh'fucker today but it was 2-quid on import, so i thought fuck that i'll wait till its actually out here so it'l be cheaper
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2002, 03:18:05 PM »
yo i gotta speak my mind on this album now that i have it and honestly i am disappointed... this is hardly anything amazing...

granted the dre production is always enjoyable as always but besides that this isnt much better than your average r n b release....   i liked "just push play" which wasnt really much of a song but the beat was SICK!!!, jimmy was a nice track to, mel man came through with a dope track, and a lot of solid joints but nothing spectacular after that...

my personal opinion is im noticing a sort of trend with most dre affliated releases that being the shit he handles himself and has a lot of input on turn out dope but the tracks he lets others handle just kinda crash, the producers he turns to for assistance really don't seem to be holding it down... they provide really average tracks... for instance the wash had some SICK SICK tracks like some really awesome cuts but they were all dre affiliated and thinking of the wash in my personal opinion besides "addictive" i didnt think one track on that album was better than "benefit of the doubt" but back to what i was sayin after u take away the dre tracks everything else is pretty so so... and thats how it is on this album

overall it had a few good tracks and thats it, addictive which is a hot jam doesnt even really make the album much better because the remix which isnt on the CD is like 100X better so why bother listening to it when we all got the remix personally i think they shoulda put that on instead, this album was supposed to be sumthing new but besides the first song and addictive its all pretty generic, timbaland gave a track that was really average no way better than the tracks he done with aliyah or even the shit he done with tweet, dj quik's second contribution was a dope cut but nothing amazing.. that song with miss cita is wack! i dont wanna hear her talking for a whole song the best was good but who cares about hearin that chick...

compared to other r n b releases recently this falls behind im not a huge r n b fan but i can say that raphael saddiq's new one is much better than this, alicia keys had a better album and i didnt even like her shit that much, faith evans even had a pretty good album, i havent checked tweet and ashanti out yet but whatever

all in all i aint hating on dre i think he does a great job with his cuts, but he can only do so much and for him to do every song on every cD would be nuts but he needs to find some better producers to fill in for him for real... i hate to say it but none of these new guys could hold a candle to what daz and supafly used to turn out in under dre's guidance during the deathrow days.. it was basically same deal back then if u think about it dre handled all the production on his own album and snoops but everything else he just did a bit and got daz to do the rest and it turned out with some guidance and daz did a damn good job for us most of the time... now dre does the same shit he does a few cuts which are still dope and gives guidance to the rest who just dont quite keep up with the quality he creates himself...  

meanwhile daz is still making dope beats with a shit budget going being independent, granted though i can understand not working with him he does seem a bit odd from his postings but he has talent no doubt...

way i see it dre, em, and mel are the only dudes really holding their own... and dre's groupf of musicians give us some nice shit too when dre works with them but the outside help he gets really disappoints...

but on the bright side i got a lot of hope for detox and oh my god because i see them being like chronic and doggystyle two in as much as both albums sound like dre will be doing the whole thing for the most part... and these other releases are like muder was the case etc where dre had a lil input and judging from dre's recent production shit should be hot cuz on his own he never disappoints just a lil upset with the extra help he had...

mel, and quik all came through though no doubt

some other guys did good too just compared to dre its disappointing

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2002, 09:06:02 PM »
wow. it´s nice to read. some true words!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2002, 06:39:17 AM »
yo i got this today, shits kinda dope, nuttin special like ant sed but its still kinad tight, easily above average but not many tracks stand out is ther problem, alot of the beats are real soft and similar to each other but truth is aiight, alot of tracks are missin a dope hook im my opinion to make you wanna listen them again

tracks that stand out...

push play-sickest beat on the whole album n dre sounds heavy on this

next to me - this is probably the best non dre track.........shits real dope, sumthing different

addictive - y'all know this

tired - dope beat from melman

overall shits pretty good, dj quik comes tight producin and 12 of the 14 tracks are mixed by dre so its worth coppin

about 8/8.5 outta 10 for me

peace