Author Topic: WWE Dropping Huhammad Hassan Character  (Read 375 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
WWE Dropping Huhammad Hassan Character
« on: July 21, 2005, 06:11:36 PM »
Source: WrestlingObserver.com

-- Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE will be dropping the Hassan character, and he will not be moving back to RAW

-- No word on Daivari, who at current state of play, WWE wish to keep.

This comes on the heels of UPN telling the WWE that they never wanted to see Hassan on their network again

Source: PWTorch.com

The rumors of UPN asking WWE to permanently remove the Muhammad Hassan character are indeed true, and WWE writers are hard at work devising a way to write the character out of the program.

One idea being tossed around is to have Undertaker kill the character off at Great American Bash, although that is not confirmed.

Between the media outrage, complaints sent to WWE and UPN headquarters and backlash from affiliates and sponsors, UPN apparently saw no alternative.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WWE Dropping Huhammad Hassan Character
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:12:03 PM »
Source: WrestlingObserver.com

As reported, UPN has requested that WWE remove Muhammad Hassan from SmackDown. The WWE writing team has not made an official decision regarding Hassan's future as a character, but only two suggestions are really getting notice at this point.

One, as noted earlier, would see Undertaker kill the Hassan character off at Great American Bash. Since Hassan was scheduled to defeat Undertaker and wrestle Batista for the World Title at Summerslam, it would be interesting to see how WWE would go about changing plans for this Sunday's PPV and, consequently, Summerslam.

The other would be to send Hassan back to RAW, so that Hassan could go into a tirade about being censored by SmackDown. The fear associated with moving Hassan to RAW is that the media would continue to express outrage and force Spike TV to also nix the character, at which point, WWE would look foolish. In fact, Spike TV might have already informed WWE that it has no interest in carrying the character, which would force WWE to further investigate the other option.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 06:28:54 PM »
why doesn't UPN want him around?

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 06:31:15 PM »
Yeah..I saw this.  This all started cause they showed the taped episode of Smackdown on the same day that the first London explosions happened and it so happened that Hassan character brought out like 5 guys w/ black ski masks on like terrorists and it offended alot of folks.  WWE had the note across the screen all night that night saying Parental Advisory Is Suggested. But I can't believe that a billion dollar a year company couldn't edit that out 12hrs before it was shown in the eastern time zone.  Truly tasteless.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 06:43:24 PM »
oh well.. I hate that Hassan guy anyways, fuck him

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 06:52:20 PM »
the dude was dope!

He was funny too..they should keep him on some how...maybe convert him to like a pro-american wrestler..and change his name to Whitey Ford
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 06:59:40 PM »
the dude was dope!

He was funny too..they should keep him on some how...maybe convert him to like a pro-american wrestler..and change his name to Whitey Ford

Well in real life he is Italian so it's not too hard to pretend he's not Arab. They should just work how he's Italian in the storyline and expose him as a fraud. Then he can either be a whiny heel about it or turn baby face and go against management for forcing him to hide where he really comes from.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 10:34:13 PM »
I think he's a strong performer who they shouldn't drop.  They should manipulate the fans opinion of him, I'd do shit like have him show up at RAW, and then show him backstage walking in, and the security guard won't let him in, and he looks all hurt and ashamed, and goes "But I'm American!" and they arrest him or something...

Then show shit like this happening for a few weeks, and instead of having him get angry, have people feel sorry for him, and then you could have him play this whole huge "Just because I'm Arab doesn't mean I'm not an American too" angle where he's proud of his heritage, and talks about how America is the land of equal opportunity for everyone regardless of their background, and keep trumping it up until he finally returns and wins the title or something like this.

If they're GOOD, which I hope they are, they could turn him into a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Babyface.  HUGE.  You could run this whole discrimination angle, and he could do spots about how you're still american if you disagree with the politicians in Washington, etc.... if they scripted it right, they could do a huge turnaround on him. 

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 10:36:04 PM »
I think he's a strong performer who they shouldn't drop.  They should manipulate the fans opinion of him, I'd do shit like have him show up at RAW, and then show him backstage walking in, and the security guard won't let him in, and he looks all hurt and ashamed, and goes "But I'm American!" and they arrest him or something...

Then show shit like this happening for a few weeks, and instead of having him get angry, have people feel sorry for him, and then you could have him play this whole huge "Just because I'm Arab doesn't mean I'm not an American too" angle where he's proud of his heritage, and talks about how America is the land of equal opportunity for everyone regardless of their background, and keep trumping it up until he finally returns and wins the title or something like this.

If they're GOOD, which I hope they are, they could turn him into a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Babyface.  HUGE.  You could run this whole discrimination angle, and he could do spots about how you're still american if you disagree with the politicians in Washington, etc.... if they scripted it right, they could do a huge turnaround on him. 

lol vince macmahon has been replaced

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 10:47:45 PM »
Yeah..I saw this.  This all started cause they showed the taped episode of Smackdown on the same day that the first London explosions happened and it so happened that Hassan character brought out like 5 guys w/ black ski masks on like terrorists and it offended alot of folks.  WWE had the note across the screen all night that night saying Parental Advisory Is Suggested. But I can't believe that a billion dollar a year company couldn't edit that out 12hrs before it was shown in the eastern time zone.  Truly tasteless.

The networks that air are incharge of making final edits to the show on the day that Smackdown is supposed to air. That part was edited out of of all the Smackdown! broadcasts execpt for the US one on UPN & the Canadian broadcast on the Score

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 10:51:38 PM »
he sucks

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 12:08:50 AM »
He was going to get a title match against Batista at SummerSlam

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 01:11:00 AM »
Hassan was dope in my opinion. He's okay as a wrestler, but great on the mic. I don't know why they moved his ass to SD. He should of stayed on Raw and carried the IC title for awhile. He's got potential, he could turn out like The Rock did with his micwork.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 05:52:44 AM »
Hassan was dope in my opinion. He's okay as a wrestler, but great on the mic. I don't know why they moved his ass to SD. He should of stayed on Raw and carried the IC title for awhile. He's got potential, he could turn out like The Rock did with his micwork.

Prob. moved him to Smackdown to give him that belt!  The Smackdown belt is more dispensible than the Raw belt, plus they can't keep ALL the good stars on Raw, they have to send some over to anchor Smackdown or nobody'd watch. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 07:46:48 AM »
oh my lord, i cant beleive wrestling still exists