Poll

who's the better producer?

Havoc
Mannie Fresh

Author Topic: Havoc or Mannie Fresh?  (Read 798 times)

Jome

Re: Havoc or Mannie Fresh?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2005, 02:59:41 PM »
It's because Jomo is super gully. Anything that isn't "gutta" like him is R&B. And, he only acknowledges the length of time people he dickrides have been out. Everyone else doesn't matter.
You're an idiot Jomo. "Softer" or "Club" tracks are NOT R&B. Now... Shut the fuck up and re-do your Vault homework before talking out of your ass.

STFU Elliot, you missed the context of the lines mauzip copy/pasted from mIRC in the first place.
The point is that Mauzip is more of a r'n'b-fan than a hiphop-fan, that's why I said the stuff about r'n'b, when compared to Havoc! I never said Mannie doesn't do hiphop.

Sure, the boy got some dope tracks, like Back that azz up, some Big Tymers/Baby/Lil Wayne tracks, and a couple of cool tracks on the Mack 10 album.
I know you like to dance and get jiggy/crunk to your little club and singasong tracks, but that doesn't make Mannie beat Havoc in production skills, bottom line point blank.  8)

mauzip

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2005, 03:03:55 PM »
The point is that Mauzip is more of a r'n'b-fan than a hiphop-fan, that's why I said the stuff about r'n'b, when compared to Havoc! I never said Mannie doesn't do hiphop.

Well, Mannie's known for his hard drums, but even if his beats would be soft... soft hip hop beats = R&B?

<Cow`> soft hip hop = R&B? :/
<Jome_> yeh

Jome has lost his mind.

:loco:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 03:05:46 PM by Mauzip »

Jome

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2005, 03:11:52 PM »
Soft tracks with slow raps, soft beats and r'n'b-singing on the chorus is often just as much r'n'b as it is hiphop.
Nowadays the line between hiphop and r'n'b is getting whisked out, with all the r'n'b remixes with rappers on a verse or two.
It's almost like you can't have a r'n'b single without having a rapper on it, or at least on the remix..

mauzip

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2005, 03:14:20 PM »
Soft tracks with slow raps, soft beats and r'n'b-singing on the chorus is often just as much r'n'b as it is hiphop.

Have you ever listened to one Cash Money track?

Jome

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2005, 03:17:40 PM »
Have you ever listened to one Cash Money track?

YUP, and I wasn't talking about Cash Money, way to steer the topic.
Sure Mannie can make some dope hiphop beats, if you wanna call them "hard" or "raw", then that's on you, but he's just no Havoc.

The poll results speak for themselves.  :)

mauzip

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2005, 03:19:15 PM »
No. You were talking about "slow raps, soft beats and r'n'b-singing on the chorus" while talking about Mannie Fresh.

SGV

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2005, 03:21:10 PM »

STFU Elliot, you missed the context of the lines mauzip copy/pasted from mIRC in the first place.

Sure, the boy got some dope tracks, like Back that azz up, some Big Tymers/Baby/Lil Wayne tracks, and a couple of cool tracks on the Mack 10 album.
I know you like to dance and get jiggy/crunk to your little club and singasong tracks, but that doesn't make Mannie beat Havoc in production skills, bottom line point blank.  8)

You're just an idiot.

Jome

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2005, 03:21:47 PM »
Great reply, Elliot lost.  8)

SGV

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »
Great reply, Elliot lost.  8)

LMAO... No. Your feeble attempt at justifying why Mannie Fresh is R&B is just ridiculous and doesn't deserve to be broken down.

Jome

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
LMAO... No. Your feeble attempt at justifying why Mannie Fresh is R&B is just ridiculous and doesn't deserve to be broken down.

Cause you can't.

<Jome_> you only like Mannie because he makes r'n'b-beats

I can't see where I refer to Mannie Fresh as a r'n'b-producer, I only said mauzip thinks he's the greatest producer because he makes r'n'b-beats for his favorite r'n'b-artist TQ (16 tracks with TQ according to the Mannie Fresh C.V.) and his favorite rapper Lil Wayne, and if it wasn't for that, I doubt Mauzip would rank him so high.

Mannie Fresh is more hiphop than r'n'b, but he some times makes r'n'b records, and on another note, is not in the same class as Havoc. (Not that there's something wrong with r'n'b, I'm just saying that's why Mauzip thinks he's better than Havoc, which of course is wrong) The End.

mauzip

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2005, 05:04:43 PM »
Hip hop tracks with an R&B singer on the hook are not R&B songs. Now count the number of R&B produced tracks in that C.V.. I count three (four if you include a prerelease) with TQ on it, but I didn't look for other R&B tracks.

You know, just as I know, Lil Wayne is not my favorite rapper. He is very dope, but not the best. Listen to The Carter, one of the best Cash Money albums. Also listen to Juve's Project English.

Either way, your arguments have no value.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 05:07:38 PM by Mauzip »

PLANT

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2005, 05:06:05 PM »
Some of Mannie's beats do have an RnB sound to them.....Not that theres anything wrong with that because Battlecat is the same way....Shit, half the RnB beats I hear nowadays I think to myself "shit so and so would have tore up this beat"  but instead you have someone singing on it.....Its all the same shit anyway....Figures SGV is all over this thread tho  :P

Jome

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2005, 05:08:44 PM »
Some of Mannie's beats do have an RnB sound to them..

Thank you.  8)

PLANT

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2005, 05:13:08 PM »
Some of Mannie's beats do have an RnB sound to them..

Thank you.  8)
your welcome  8)

SGV

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »

Cause you can't.

There's no reason to.

What's R&B about "Go DJ" "Get Your Roll On" "Numba 1 Stunna" "Real Big" "In My Life" "Ha" "Bling Bling" "Cash Money Is An Army" "Shine" "Connected 4 Life" etc.? NOTHING.

He may have a few R&B beats, but any WELL ROUNDED PRODUCER will. His best and most well known beats on the other hand are NOT R&B. You are an idiot Jomo. And Plant... I think I seen a Snoop thread... Go find it.