Author Topic: Kanye West Vs Beach Boys  (Read 393 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Kanye West Vs Beach Boys
« on: August 14, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.....im downloading now
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kanye West Vs Beach Boys
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
lol, this is funny...also with that stupid Brian Wilson quote in the booklet. might be interesting, but itīs something you can fuck up bad of course, esp with an album the calibre of "Pet Sounds"

...could you hook it up btw?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 04:30:31 PM »
check your PM ^^^^^

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 04:34:06 PM »
I hated the original When it All Falls Down...but this one version is dope

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 04:46:21 PM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 06:01:48 PM »
If that Brian Wilson quote is real then I now like him even more than Trauma does.

ecrazy

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 08:00:16 PM »
Could u hook this up??

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 08:04:02 PM »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 10:56:18 PM »
the quote is real, and this mixtape is garbage... i dunno how u can take an album like pet sounds and just fuck it up. W/e not worth a listen if u ask me, at least the grey album had some dope cuts, and that biggie frank is the same, but this is pure garbage, everyone do yourselves a favor and buy or dl pet sounds, if anyone wants i can upload it.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 05:25:05 AM »
If that Brian Wilson quote is real then I now like him even more than Trauma does.

::)

and it IS real

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 08:03:14 AM »

::)

and it IS real

Well then, I agree 100% with Mr. Wilson.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 08:15:27 AM »
^^ ok, nice for you. That statement is pretty trite though and Wilson, as genius as some of his music was, has made several statements that made me think he doesnīt exactly know what heīs talking about. Even if you agree, this remains something anybody could say without knowing jack shit. IMO itīs deplorably simplified to claim "music adds up to one big minus" nowadays and put the blame on rap. And tbh, while I myself think weīre not living in a golden era of popular music, I pity anybody who dislikes everything thatīs coming out...peace

Throwback

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 08:38:52 AM »
its already in the hook up spot. posted it a few days ago.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
^^ ok, nice for you. That statement is pretty trite though and Wilson, as genius as some of his music was, has made several statements that made me think he doesnīt exactly know what heīs talking about. Even if you agree, this remains something anybody could say without knowing jack shit. IMO itīs deplorably simplified to claim "music adds up to one big minus" nowadays and put the blame on rap. And tbh, while I myself think weīre not living in a golden era of popular music, I pity anybody who dislikes everything thatīs coming out...peace

Anybody could say communism doesn't work as a practical way of running and living in a country with out knowing jack shit about it, but they'd still be right. Wilson is nuts, plain and simple. No one can go through the amount of drugs he took and come out alright. You took my claim too seriously. It was in fact a joke, and I think an obvious one.

That being said I still agree with the quote. No one is saying everything that comes out today is shit, but when you look at the current state of music as whole and you compare the good with the bad in the music scene you'll find that "it all ends up to one big minus". If I make $250,000 a year it would appear that I am doing quite well for myself, but if I have $400,000 in expenses then "it all ends up to one big minus". The bad outweighs the good in the current scene. As bad as the 80s were they still had David Bowie The Police, Springsteen, Metallica, GnR, Prince, U2, REM, Ozzy, the old school rap scene, etc, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong, the 80s still added up to a minus, but not as big a minus as today. I don't think there is anything absurd about saying the bad heavily outweighs the good in today's scene more so than any other scene in music history.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:16:13 PM »
^^ ok, mathematically, you might be right (Springsteen is still good and REM dropped their best album in 1994 btw), I just hate the dramatization. Itīs not like I have too much money to buy all decent CDīs coming out, so why complain about the bad? The music scene is itself bigger today than it used to be, cause itīs easier to start making music today, if you donīt have high ambitions. That leads to a lot more trash of course. There is, bottom line, still enough decent stuff

and i knew the trauma part was a joke, but i had the impression you found the quote something very original...sorry for that