Author Topic: It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left u  (Read 1527 times)

ROCCY

Re: It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left u
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2002, 12:26:01 PM »
Yo mellow Welcome back Homie, good to see u back, Now we will get all the information we will need... :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2002, 12:41:08 PM »
does mellowman work for aftermath? i dunno..i was just wondering...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2002, 12:45:11 PM »
Hell yeah Mellowman, you always bring the dope posts and news.  I am glad you are back.

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2002, 12:48:13 PM »
yes.

'mellowman' is something to do with the camp somehow. dont ask more coz it just makes things awkward. you dont have to believe what he says... just dont bitch on about not believing. he's been around (on and off) since before WCC existed on the Dre board and followed us here.

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2002, 12:48:20 PM »
today in the studio, whenever andre shows up, (which you never know when hes gonna come), we're gonna keep working on Xzibit's last track for man vs machine. saturdays are usually a day when dre don't really wanna work too hard so he probably won't get here for a while yet. but as hard as dre works during the weeks he's around I can't get too mad. some people seem to think dre is lazy and thats such bullshit. yeah he does disappear for a few days every once in a while to fly off to some tropical island or his sea house, but when he's in the studio he tires all of us out.  an example was 3 weeks ago when The God was here. dre came in on a tuesday and didn't leave the studio until friday. a lot of times is in the studio before everyone else and is the last to leave. the dude will work all night. dre likes working when he thinks everyone else is sleeping or partying.  the sad thing is that Dre spends all this time doing all these amazing tracks and only a few are heard by you, the public. i wish he would release more stuff but dre ain't ever gonna change. i feel bad for all you cause you'd love a lot of those tracks. dre just wants you to get the best and make sure your hard earned money ain't wasted and he will always be a perfectionist.
just a little advanced incite into Xzibit's man vs machine - i actually like it better than eminems album, and thats saying a lot. he's really stepped it up and dre's additions have made it ever better.  shaunta' s sweet ass is about done with her album but i would guess it would come out next year. it depends on Oh My God and DETOX.  for those of you doubting dre these days, keep doubting him. he wants you to.  ill speak my peace about his work on em's album on that topic that now-i-know posted.  but his work on OH MY GOD. "OH MY GOD"!! i get chills up my spine.  and rakim - well lets just say as good as em is as a mc - he can't touch Rakim.  sorry i missed informing you about Rakim's aftermath debut on Addictive before i left.  dre wasn't going to put rakim on anything until oh my god but when dre, ra and truth were in the studio alone ra's verse was a perfect fit so dre decided to feature him in Addicitve.  i didn't even know til i heard it on the radio driving home. i was like thanks dre! oh well dre likes to surpise people, from the people he works with and trusts to you the general public. just like hes gonna surpise you with Rakim's album. dre and ra are putting together an album that will go down in history. so keep doubting dre if you dare, that's fine.  what is the status of Detox? Dre has changed his mind about the direction of this album a few times.  It doesn't look like DETOX will be strictly a musical with the hit man plot. there will be elements but it won't be quite what dre told MTV it would be.  however the musical direction of the album will sound like a musical.  its gonna be so creative and inventive it will take years for others to catch up.  from sound affects, change ups in the beats during tracks, orchestra and opera sounds, dre is really upping the ante. and it isn't anything like what hes done the last 3 years..  ill keep you up to date when i come back. it will probably be few months. for now peace to all of you. and may the funk never die. later y'all.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2002, 12:58:25 PM »
thanks for the infos! i CANT WAIT for xzibits album shit is goin to be HOT!!
i hope ra and dre drop their albums before 2003 both but i doubt it :-/ shaunta seeems pretty tight too! physiclly and lyrically lol!

thanks again
peace

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2002, 01:11:55 PM »
dope ass news

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2002, 01:14:32 PM »
i think we lost a post where we came to the same conclusion about the storch situation in the big data loss we had this time lsat week (we lost the last 3 weeks of may).

What about Quik? is he involved in more Aftermath stuff?

ohh and whats the deal with Hittman now he's off the math.

along with these 2... i just remembered something else.

In a recent interview The DOC hinted that mel-man may be upset with the amount of credit he is given, comparing it to the situation Dre had at Death Row with Daz etc.

Is there any truth in this?

btw.. on hittman altho its not been seen on any big news sites ben baller has 'hitt has officially left the aftermath camp but is still cool with dre+mel-man' up on his site.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2002, 01:19:25 PM »
YO, nice to have u back mellowman, and dope news, i cant wait for xzibits and rakims album... damn...

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2002, 01:31:36 PM »
Yo...This producer named Phiasko who posts on this board made a thread saying how Dre Doesnt produce his own shit...He was saying how other people in the studio come up with the melodies and dres not even there whent they do it He said Dre doesnt do 95% of the work, and he just gets production credits because more people would wanna hear a Dre produced track, because Dres name is big...Can you make a thread explaining, cuz its kinda confusing what Dre does and doesnt do, and this guy, Phiasko, is giving Dre way too little credit...

Suga Foot

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2002, 02:32:40 PM »
Damn, I'm so excited to have you back Mel.  It's nice to see you takin care of all the fans.

the sad thing is that Dre spends all this time doing all these amazing tracks and only a few are heard by you, the public. i wish he would release more stuff but dre ain't ever gonna change.

When the aftermath compilation was released, dre eventually wasn't happy with it, because it was dubbed as  ''sub-par'', he didn't like having his name on other peoples stuff.  Because this made him look bad because of other peoples music.  So why doesn't Dre do the opposite with leftovers?  If he has a leftover, and isn't too sure about it, why doesn't he just give it to another Aftermath producer and let them put their name on it instead?  That way everyones happy.  

AND WHEN AM I GONNA GET TO HEAR MEL-MAN RAPPING AGAIN?

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2002, 02:43:16 PM »
Now- I- know, to address your question, people are gonna believe what they wanna believe. but dre DOES NOT put his name on something he doesn't do. if he did he would say he produced every song on the Eminem show or every song on truth's album, etc. dre is real careful not to take credit where he shouldn't.  this phiaska guy can believe what he wants to believe. but his comments are nothing new. dre is so good that people will say anything to bring him down. but they can't. the only thing they can do is create lies. one lie is to challenge his manhood, call him gay. that is so lame and untrue its funny and its cowardly and weak for people to accuse dre of being gay. dre's wife and the other females he's had relationships and babies with will tell you that dre is definelty not gay. so thats one way to try and bring dre down. the second and most obvious lie to try and bring dre down is to accuse him of not doing the work he says he does. that is VERY MUCH a lie and pure bullshit. just ask artists from ren to cube to DOC to eminem to truth to snoop to busta to rakim and they will tell you dre most definetly does his own shit and is the lead creator of all the sounds, instruments and melodies. does he get help? of course he does. he gets help from co producers like mel man once in a while and he gets help from the musicians. do us musicians sometimes come up with melodies on our own? yes we do. prior to the scott storch incidents probably 20 to 30 percent of the tracks use melodies that we created away from dre's presence. but that is part of our job - we are musicians. this don't mean dre aint the producer. he still has to organize, mix and add things to our melodies to put the track together. after all that is what a producer is. idiots like this phiaska guy need to go to the fuckin dictionary and read the definitions of musicians and producer. sometimes dre takes completed songs and just adds his ideas and remixes and rearranges. when he does that he is credited as mixer only. on truths album dre organized, changed and remixed most of the tracks, but did not credit himself as producer. he used instrumentals other producers like quik and hi-tek gave him and added truth's vocals and remixed the track to make the completed song. but still he only credits himself as mixer in those cases. once in a while dre will take anothers producers track and add an instrument like a flute or additional keyboard part and give himself co producer credit, as he should.  when a track is Produced by dre, dre is the man behind the sound. like i mentioned before, before the storch problems about 20 to 30 percent of the tracks used melodies that they created when dre wasn't in the studio. the other 70 to 80 percent were tracks dre was the creative force behind everything you hear. soemtimes dre makes melodies on keyboards and has the musicians play it and add our own touches to it or apply changes that dre suggests or hums to us. a lot of times dre comes up with sounds in his head and hums it to us. we pick up a bass guitar or sit down at the keyboard and play the melody or sound dre created in his head. dre chooses the instruments and sounds he wants. dre is basically an orchestra conducter. he puts all these different instruments, basslines, melodies, and sound affects together, organizes and  mixes it. since scott got us in trouble dre is creating and dictating what every track sounds like. dre still trusts me enough to let me go to a different room or just go to the corner when hes doing something else and I create some chords, basslines, etc. ill take it to him and he'll either like it, hate it or tell me what i need to change or add. a lot of dres time is adding vocals to instrumentals we've already made or mixing already done tracks, so im not in the studio most of the time when hes doing the other stuff, so the scenerio i just mentioned don't happen often. if i am there when hes doing that other stuff its usually to be there in case dre needs something musical added. i just hang out with the artists, getting high or hitting on the females in the studio. like today, im typing and waiting for dre to call me in. but usually when i'm in the studio its to create new instrumentals with dre. dre, the engineers, and the musicians are there and its a jam session. we play all night once in a while. and dre is doing his conducting. he comes us with so many diiferent sounds and ideas its tough to keep up. but man is it fun. and the last six months we have been in a zone - dre is in a zone - and we've been literally creating orchestral pieces for Oh My God and Detox that are amazing. and trust me - dre is the man in charge - the originator, creator and innovator of it all. so fuck what you heard and fuck all the liars trying to bring dre down. it ain't working you punks. their just jealous and hateful cause dre is doing shit they can only dream of and making money they won't make in 100 lifetimes. well im gonna go check out whats going on cause dre's getting off the mixing board. hopefully hes done so i can get out of here. i doubt it though, he's probably just taking a food break. <sigh> i'm sure he'll keep remixing it for another 5 hours til its perfect. it probably won't even get finshed and ill have to come back on monday. uh oh - veto's pointing at me to get myself off the computer and into the main studio area. either cause dre wants me or to talk and plot how we're gonna steal dre's cheetos when he comes back. got to go. peace y'all. Now-I-Know,  i posted a very indepth post about dre's recording process last year. have someone find it for you.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2002, 03:03:04 PM »
getting high or hitting on the females in the studio.

lol dawn, that must be funny
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2002, 03:50:43 PM »
i believe everything you say except the relative statements you made (concerning dre's quality)

dre is still the best in my mind and very dope but everything he drops isn't up to snuff as it once was....eminem shows for example....Business is dope as he ever was,My dads gone crazy is experimental and very effective....say what u say....eh,it's still good compared to most hip-hop but it doesn't even sound like dre let alone his usual quality,my guess is dre wanted us to focus more on lyrics and lyrics alone so he put a not-so-attention-grabbing beat,because i refuse to believe that's the best he can do so i'm irked when you say he holds back great tracks because say what u say i doubt is the best out of a pack of dre's beats....either way eminem show is a masterful expansion on eminem's persona and in due time we'll be able to state if it's classic or not which it may be..now that he's covered his 3 personas he should get more experimental,no? eh either way great to hear from you and great to hear aftermath stuff,em and nas's latest is the only rap i've dug in awhiiile......peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Murrow

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2002, 04:39:04 PM »
[size=8]'Sup MellowMan[/size]

Man, I hope Truth drops the 25th, cause my ass is FIENDIN!  Can't wait for that.  Sorry to hear Storch may not be working with Dre again but that won't make a difference.  I think Em's album is a classic and I can't wait to hear "Man Vs. Machine."