Author Topic: how come mobb deep & m.o.p. arent getting the same hate nas got?  (Read 868 times)

Jome

Re: how come mobb deep & m.o.p. arent getting the same hate nas got?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 02:25:30 PM »
That settles it.
You're a 15 year old Nas fan who have never heard a M.O.P. record. Next.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »
i think cause everybody hated or styll hatez Ja for seemingly tryna be like 2Pac.
altho 50 and affiliates hav raped Pac's vocalz to benefit them, he dun act like Pac.

another reason may be affiliationz. Ja is friendz wit Suge Knight, who a lot ppl that ive talked to hate.
meanwhile, 50 is with Dre and Eminem, who a lot of ppl seem to like.

so these may be a couple of potential reasonz.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2005, 02:31:45 PM »
That settles it.
You're a 15 year old Nas fan who have never heard a M.O.P. record. Next.

wrong on both accusations. jus cuz i said mop aint on nas level dont mean im a dickrider. i coulda said the same for a comparison of mop and jay, mop and pac, or any1 of the greats. mop aint up there wit em and it takes sum1 who does sum serious mop dickriding 2 say that they are

Jome

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2005, 02:35:57 PM »
Ok, if you say so.  :D
I consider the catalogs of Nas, M.O.P. and Mobb Deep on about the same level, you don't, let's leave it at that.  :)

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
yea we can leave it at that. but 2 say that mop up there wit the greats of hiphop like pac jay nas ice cube n dem niggas is blasphemy

Jome

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2005, 02:40:55 PM »
Depends on if you're looking at lyricism alone, or the music they make..
You can make very good hiphop music without being a extreme lyricist, I would never nominate M.O.P. or Mobb Deep for "Top 10 rappers" or "Best lyricist"

teecee

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2005, 02:42:58 PM »
First off, i don't blame either MOP or Mobb DEep for signing with 50.  ANd that Outta Control remix is te tightest G-Unit related song since In da CLub, so its working so far.  However, the guy who started the thread is absolutely right, its all double standards, and once again JOME is the culprit.  I mean, MOP did songs with LFO and a Spice Girl, but its always SNoop wo's the sellout (which admittedly he can be).  

50 has these guys on workout plans, this shit is ridicuolous, i hope the music is tight because MOP has made dope albums in the past (although their ROc album was shaping up to be a little wack).    

Jome, to say MOP has a better catologue that NAS is crazy, statements like this explain why you have so little respect on the board.  Nas dropped two 5 mic albums, plus Lost Tapes and It was Written (which, "If you look into it", is a surprisingly dope ass near classic album).  Ya, MOp is mad talented and have their share of great songs, but only a diehard MOP fan (i won't say dickrider, if you're a fan you're a fan) would say MOp has released better albums than Nas.

Ain't know way MOP is getting close to seeing Nas, but still, MOP is tight, and if Prodigy shapes up these could be great signings for 50 Cent.   And i guarantee Mase is gonna come back in a major way selling a few Million wen he drops on G Unit

Jome

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2005, 02:46:41 PM »
Another diehard Nas fan.  :D
You say Nas have 2 classic albums, plus 2 as-good-as-classics, maybe we should look a little into our own bias here teecee.. ??  ;)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2005, 03:00:42 PM »
I can see Mobb Deep at Nas' level, but M.O.P having an army of classics? ::)

And yes I`ve heard 4 of their albums so far...and I don`t hear classic material. Sorry.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »
Jome, explain to me what you mean when you say ""Nas looked set to jump on Irv Gotti beats and get Ashanti hooks with Ja Rule adlibs and Cadillac Tah guest spots, while Mobb & M.O.P. just got access to producers like Dr.Dre, Scott Storch, Hi-Tek, Alchemist, JR, Focus, + they already had access to DJ Premier, Havoc, DR Period, etc. "??

What, because Nas was featured on that Tupac rip off song with MI? (can't remember the name). But the difference in all this that nobody else is mentioning is that NAS NEVER SIGNED WITH MURDER INC.  You don't think he could have signed with MI and went pop like a motherfucker and clocked bank? Hell yeah he could but he didn't.  Point blank MOP and MOBB DID sign with G-Unit. Off top, they're selling out.  If 50 or anybody in G-Unit pops up on that album, if they make bitch ass club shit then they are sellouts. Like teecee said, they already admitted they got MOP in the gym - how long before they start posing in pictures with their shirts off??

If its just business, and no one from g-unit shows up, and they don't switch their style up, then it would be different.  But its sounding to me like i'm gonna fuckin puke when i hear this shit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 03:33:52 PM »
lol, totally different situations.

Nas looked set to jump on Irv Gotti beats and get Ashanti hooks with Ja Rule adlibs and Cadillac Tah guest spots, while Mobb & M.O.P. just got access to producers like Dr.Dre, Scott Storch, Hi-Tek, Alchemist, JR, Focus, + they already had access to DJ Premier, Havoc, DR Period, etc.
Who cares if they will have 50 on a track or two, and Banks/Buck/Yayo on another, it's not like anybody in G-Unit is worse than Littles, Noyd, Infamous Mobb, or Fox.  :D

bullshiet, you just say that cuz you love mop & g-unit. nas never said nothin about getting ashanti on his hooks or none of that other  shiet you listed. he was just lookin for more fame (just like mobb deep & mop are).

nas with ja rule and ashanti = a no no?
but
mop with 50 cent & olivia = okay?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2005, 03:38:30 PM »
as long as the music is hot I dont give a fuck

Jome

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2005, 03:39:34 PM »
Bottom line, if M.O.P. and Mobb Deep makes love songs and club hits with Lil Jon beats, and Tony Yayo adlibs on their albums, then they sold out.. until then, they haven't.

Nas never signed to Murder Inc., so he didn't really do anything, but the thought of Nas making Mesmerize 2 or I'm Real 2 feat. Jennifer Lopez scared the living shit out of most Nas fans, and as Nas had already made a track or two with Ja Rule, that looked way more likely than M.O.P. dancing around in the club with their shirts off.

nas with ja rule and ashanti = a no no?
but
mop with 50 cent & olivia = okay?

I'd rather see Nas with 50, than Nas with Ja Rule and Ashanti, Olivia I don't care much about.
What part is it that you don't get ?

Also, I'd rather see Nas with Banks, Buck, Mobb Deep and M.O.P. on his album, than Ja Rule, Ashanti, Caddilac Tah and Irv Gotti.  :wavey:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2005, 03:50:20 PM »
^lol so as long as an artist is with g-unit its good?

i mean everything you sayin is speculation. nas couldve sold hella records just cuz he was on ja's team. look at the song they recorded together "The Pledge". was nas singin love songs?

mobb deep & mop are about to go real pussy. you see yayo is singin love songs & 50 was talkin about makin mop go to the gym
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2005, 03:52:14 PM »
Bottom line, if M.O.P. and Mobb Deep makes love songs and club hits with Lil Jon beats, and Tony Yayo adlibs on their albums, then they sold out.. until then, they haven't.

Nas never signed to Murder Inc., so he didn't really do anything, but the thought of Nas making Mesmerize 2 or I'm Real 2 feat. Jennifer Lopez scared the living shit out of most Nas fans, and as Nas had already made a track or two with Ja Rule, that looked way more likely than M.O.P. dancing around in the club with their shirts off.

Read Yayo's interview.  He specifically says that he didn't release a street single as the lead because its too limited in its appeal.  That's G-Unit's formula.  What makes you think they're gonna switch it up for MOP?  I'd say its a safe bet that 50 is gonna market MOP exactly how he markets anyone else.  Now i'm all for people making money, especially veterans in the game who deserve much more than alot of these cats gettin money.  But they're sellin out to do so.