Author Topic: Whoever said Kanye's sophmore album is weak...  (Read 470 times)

Doggystylin

Whoever said Kanye's sophmore album is weak...
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:40:55 PM »
...is out of their mind, I just got around to listening to it from front to back in the car and this is a incredible album (now that school's started i spend a lot of time driving back and forth every day so  :-\ )

Anyways, very solid album, I can't compare it to his first for a couple of reasons.....first of all,I dont even have my copy of College Dropout my cousin still has it, but the other reason is that this album is on a whole different vibe. I'm gonna have to give it a few more listens to see what my real favorites are cause right now the albums just a big dope blur to me. More listens will leave me with a better recognition for each song.

KURUPTION-81

Re: Whoever said Kanye's sophmore album is weak...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »
Same as, at the mo i dont know what my fav tracks. Its just 75 mins of quality.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 03:23:50 PM »
i know several people on this board who just hate his music overall so u can't get them to buy into his style but i really dont like him as a person, just like his music

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »
I kind of think of it as this.

College Dropout::Slim Shady LP

Late Registration::Marshal Mathers LP

I say that because LR compared to CD has more in depth and involved songs.  As does MMLP compared to SSLP.  I don't care to compare them to eachother because they are so different, and stand alone on their own.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 04:19:04 PM »
It's overrated.  Without really getting into it I can say off the bat that there are atleast 7 tracks I skip, that's not good right there.  The production is pretty complex and "polished" but for the most part, the beats are boring.  And one thing that's starting to annoy me about Kanye as an MC, is that his vocabulary is weak.  I don't expect him to be a complex lyricist but I noticed several times on the album that he changed the pronunciation of words to make a rhyme.  It sounds very stupid.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 04:40:46 PM »
  I don't expect him to be a complex lyricist but I noticed several times on the album that he changed the pronunciation of words to make a rhyme.  It sounds very stupid.
hell yeah, i hate that! Jay-z also does that shit, that's fuckin unprofessional
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
  I don't expect him to be a complex lyricist but I noticed several times on the album that he changed the pronunciation of words to make a rhyme.  It sounds very stupid.
hell yeah, i hate that! Jay-z also does that shit, that's fuckin unprofessional

I gotta agree, I also hate that shit, but I choose to ignore that, lol

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 09:55:55 PM »
It's overrated.  Without really getting into it I can say off the bat that there are atleast 7 tracks I skip, that's not good right there.  The production is pretty complex and "polished" but for the most part, the beats are boring.  And one thing that's starting to annoy me about Kanye as an MC, is that his vocabulary is weak.  I don't expect him to be a complex lyricist but I noticed several times on the album that he changed the pronunciation of words to make a rhyme.  It sounds very stupid.
  what he said

DAYUM

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 10:53:57 PM »
im gonna listen to it front and back tonight and ill drop my thoughts

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 12:09:35 AM »
I didn't care for his first reccord at all.  I might download this one day

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 08:29:09 AM »
I love LR but i think Kanye was out of his depth with some of them beats he just didn't sound right on certain songs like they should have just been instrumentals. If he's gonna come like that with his beats he really need to step his rap game up i mean he got lines like "Hmm I'll be on time for that/ I ain' thought of no line that could rhyme with that" that shit is beyond weak.

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 08:53:18 AM »
I feel like Kanye definately bettered himself with his 2nd release. College dropout was nice and all that, but most of this album is amazing. It's just some great music to chill out to, music with heart. I gotta agree there's a couple weaker joints on this but there's no need for skipping those since they're still nice. And of course Kanye isn't the next KRS when it comes to his lyrics, but in my opinion he stepped his game up in a major way. The album's a nice sequel to what he did with Common's Be, but it can't really keep up with that album. Still, a lot better than The College Dropout imo. I don't see what's so hard about comparing the two.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2005, 09:05:43 AM »
can somebody tell me wtf he says in "bring me down" secondes 1:28 to 1:34 .. "spanish girls.... and everybody wanna run on me...." .. dude's pronunciation is whack as fuck there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 09:19:18 AM »
can somebody tell me wtf he says in "bring me down" secondes 1:28 to 1:34 .. "spanish girls.... and everybody wanna run on me...." .. dude's pronunciation is whack as fuck there.

thats cause hes speaking spanish there, lol "spanish girls say no habla ingle and everybody wanna run on me for they single" (he says single gay to rhyme it with ingle, another example of that stupid shit, lol)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2005, 09:20:45 AM »
eminem been doinm that shit for years

but yeah..i dont get down with that bougie kanye music
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll