Author Topic: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/  (Read 1516 times)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2005, 01:35:41 PM »
Yeah but he doesnt whine about white people.  Read the god damn article

Catching Feelings.......................?  :eh:

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2005, 01:37:58 PM »
No.  Is just that how many people are going to continue and talk shit about Jay Z for something he didnt say ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2005, 02:00:08 PM »
It just goes to show how many people actually read the article and thought about what it said lol. I'm sure it happens in other threads too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2005, 02:14:55 PM »
wow this is for all the white guys who said black people are too sensitive when it comes to race. OOOHHHH :'( GAY Z  :'( :'( :'( FUCK HIM BOO HOO HOO!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2005, 03:16:56 PM »
isnt Jay-Z gonna be helpin out Mike Shinoda (from Linkin Park, who is white) for a rap album or sumthin?

if you dont know the difference between artists and culture vultures ten maybe you just need to take off the sean john and do some homework. it didnt say jay hated hated white people.

calm down, wut i meant by my comment was referring to Gwen Stefani and how she came out wit "Hollaback Girl", a hip hop style song which is different from her normal music. him helpin out Shinoda make a hip hop album would mean the article twisted around his wordz in the sense that he duznt mind if they are rappers or artists or even grow up that way culturally, he's pissed that they startin actin all hood and shyt.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2005, 08:36:34 PM »
Well, sor-ry Jay-Z, didn’t know you owned hip hop…oh sorry, you practically do.

Yeah, hiphop aint about color Jay. Hiphop is a lifestyle. The problem, aint about saying "hollaback", its about talented rappers not getting the opportunity to show off their skills.

OK Jay, put your money where your mouth is... up to 70% of all sales of hip hop come from white people, thats not counting other things like clothes etc.. so Jay if you're serious, give back 70% of your money... whats that? didnt think so...  yeah it's ok to sell to them but not let em participate.. damn... is benzino-itis setting in already?

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2005, 08:55:29 PM »
Well, sor-ry Jay-Z, didn’t know you owned hip hop…oh sorry, you practically do.

Yeah, hiphop aint about color Jay. Hiphop is a lifestyle. The problem, aint about saying "hollaback", its about talented rappers not getting the opportunity to show off their skills.

OK Jay, put your money where your mouth is... up to 70% of all sales of hip hop come from white people, thats not counting other things like clothes etc.. so Jay if you're serious, give back 70% of your money... whats that? didnt think so...  yeah it's ok to sell to them but not let em participate.. damn... is benzino-itis setting in already?

loll, benzino-itis; thas good

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2005, 09:58:17 PM »
what about a white kid from the suburbs who likes hip hop, loves the whole idea of rap, not neccessarily the culture, but the idea of rap, and doesnt want to be considered just some punk fake ass taking advantage of hip hop being "popular" and "poppy." See its not fair to us cause were autimatically considered "wiggers" and fakes even though i love hip hop, fuck the racial and class differences everybodys talkin about, i love ice cube, i love snoop, i love this guy named tonedeff, i love the best of eminem, i love jay-z, i love tupac, but i fuckin hate lil jon, i hate paul wall, i hate mike jones....ect, ect. everything always goes back to race, why cant it just be a genre of music. why cant people dislike what they dislike and like what they like.

They can.  Do what you want to do, fuck what other people think, you're not hurting anybody.  Music is a gift from God, it's one of the most spiritual things on earth (along with sex, nature, children, animals, stuff like that).  Don't let anybody like Jay Z tell you what you can and can't listen to. 

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2005, 04:08:59 AM »

OK Jay, put your money where your mouth is... up to 70% of all sales of hip hop come from white people, thats not counting other things like clothes etc.. so Jay if you're serious, give back 70% of your money...

LOL jesus white kids are sensetive as fuck these days. He obviously dont mind white kids and their white rap too much cause he did a song with eminem. And besides that, someone buying a cd and trying to make one when they got no business doin so is 2 completely different things. lol "give the white kids their money back." Just because you buy rap cds and enjoy the music, you enjoy dressin the part, reading all the mags and shit, that dont mean you got no business tryin to be a rapper. What Jay said was the equivalent of David Stern saying "If you have no background in basketball, you shouldnt be in the NBA." I enjoy watching basketball, I bought some jersies, I go to the games, I watch it on tv, I play NBA Live, so the fuck what?  That dont mean I deserve a 72 million dollar contract to play for the Warriors, and since they aint gonna give me a contract does that mean they need to refund meverything I ever spent on basketball?

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2005, 12:47:27 PM »
I never knew Jay-Z got down with reverse racism.

It's like if I were to say that Jay shouldn't act white by dressing in suits and go to meetings now that he runs Def Jam.

There are whites that bastardize hip hop, but there are blacks that do the same thing too.
I never knew that if u wore nice suits and attended meetings u are acting white

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2005, 01:26:38 PM »

LOL jesus white kids are sensetive as fuck these days. He obviously dont mind white kids and their white rap too much cause he did a song with eminem. And besides that, someone buying a cd and trying to make one when they got no business doin so is 2 completely different things. lol "give the white kids their money back." Just because you buy rap cds and enjoy the music, you enjoy dressin the part, reading all the mags and shit, that dont mean you got no business tryin to be a rapper. What Jay said was the equivalent of David Stern saying "If you have no background in basketball, you shouldnt be in the NBA." I enjoy watching basketball, I bought some jersies, I go to the games, I watch it on tv, I play NBA Live, so the fuck what?  That dont mean I deserve a 72 million dollar contract to play for the Warriors, and since they aint gonna give me a contract does that mean they need to refund meverything I ever spent on basketball?

i like the analogy, nicely said makes sense to me. Thats exactly how i look at it cept i think anyone can even try to make a cd whether your from the hoods of new york or the suburbs as long as you come real. if your not ghetto dont be ghetto, just spit what you truly feel and think, and people will connect. Thats why eminem and beastie boys were successful and vannilla ice and marky mark werent. It's the same as me or you going outside and playing some pick up basketball, Kobe is never gonna get on tv and be like if you dont have the talent to play in the NBA you shouldnt touch a basketball ever. Its always gonna happen too because just like a kid watching basketball wants to be like them and be good at basketball, we listen to tupac and wanna be like him and make people feel how he makes you feel, whether your white, black or purple. its the fake gimmicky shit thats the problem not people who arent from the streets tryin to rap.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2005, 04:09:51 PM »

if your not ghetto dont be ghetto, just spit what you truly feel and think, and people will connect.

Thank you. That shit is so retarded. It seems like every dork, homo and internet geek wants to claim thug shit these days. Its fine to be a dork as long as you dont try to act like somethin else. Just look at Pharrell. He dont try to be no thug. In fact he seems like he takes pride in being the king of the dorks and it loks like its workin out pretty well for him.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2005, 08:29:06 PM »
those damn white people

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2005, 09:23:11 PM »
^^ thats another problem

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2005, 03:51:32 PM »

I'm not white so it doesn't do anything to me on a personal level. I hear your point, but the fact is more white people buy rap than black. They are just a bigger audience period. Naturally this is why vanill aice and marky mark had any success whatsoever. Your analogy is flawed because you say they have no business trying to be a rapper..BZZZZ wrong. They can try to be whatever they want. Thats like telling a thug not to try to be a business man. Now if they don't have the marketability (skill, talent, whatever) then they will fail regardless of background and chosen profession. Don't be scurred, they're only white folk.