Author Topic: Rob West Invites You To His "Concrete Jungle" (spanish, LA artist)  (Read 50 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
A Central American Rapper now resides in South Central Los Angeles, an artist who has rocked shows with thousands of people such as the Central American Festival and performed at the House of Blues in L.A. A motivated individual with a desire to showcase his talent as far afield as possible, as such he hit up dubcnn to allow us to present to the world, Rob West.

Being born in El Salvador on December 19, 1978 placed him right in the middle of a Civil War. During his childhood, a victim of a war, he would walk to school and pass corpses on the street, to take a trip to the local store required a white flag to ensure harm did not follow. By 1988 the environment was such that the family relocated to South Central Los Angeles. As he grew up his brother started gangbanging, through his brother he was introduced to N.W.A., RunDMC, T-LaRoc and as a result his love for hiphop developed. "It was a rush, listening to these cats brag about all the bad shit they did, and then seeing my brother just being bad, getting shot at, had our house under surveillance, and my surroundings, causin panic, other street gangs would jump in the pool, and start shoot outs with our block, me not being from a gang would carry a heat, just to protect myself from whoever would recognize who I was, or would know where I lived... Rob West recalls.

He got into music directly having heard Slick Rick's "Bed Time Story", Rob West explains, "I learned the song, and would rap it all day, I would grab the vinyl and scratch it, breakin' the needles on our home stereo."

Having written his own rhymes he begain to rap in english and approached latinohiphopradio with his music, the co-founder of the station got back to him and asked if he had anything that was nothing but spanish, and as a result he went to the studio and recorded "RobWestPapa," a track which was to get people talking about him, "They loved it, and I started getting emails on giving me props on my hard lyrics, and how different it was that you couldn't identify it with nothing else but hardcore hiphop in spanish," he told dubcnn

Since than, he has recorded with various spanish rappers and been invited to perform at venues such as the House of Blues in L.A., the Central American Festival and the Salvadoran Day event. He is currently putting the finishing touches to his album, "Jungla De Concreto" (Concrete Jungle) which will feature production from, FACE (Kaos Rapstars, he has produced for Eastwood), Hood 4 Life (Universal), HollyHood and Cancer (Blue Fire, who is working with The Lady of Rage). He is also going to be rocking shows in Hollywood, and going on a national tour to New York, D.C., Virginia, Miami, Texas, Arizona, Bay Area, and back to L.A. Check some of the audio below and please drop feedback over at the forums. The second track, "Mencachimbo" is a record which was made after a Salvadoran group called "Pescozada" were turned down by Univision Records as they felt that their slang was too Central American and asked them to sound more "Mexican" as a result Rob got in the booth and vented through "Mencachimbo," slang for "I Get Pissed," the track is currently being heavily talked about by the Latino community in L.A.

Rob West - Yo Soy Calle (Im A Street Cat)
Rob West - Mencachimbo (I Get Pissed) (Produced By FACE)

www.dubcnn.com

Feedback if you peep please :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Re: Rob West Invites You To His "Concrete Jungle" (spanish, LA artist)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 02:15:58 AM »
Nice voice, but flow and lyrics are W A C K.