Author Topic: This Just In...Where The Large Majority Of The Foriegn Fighters In Iraq Are From  (Read 292 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
he was right in a sense the city of london is the finacial capitol of the world

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

J Bananas

Is it? I always thought NYC was, Londons got a lot of old money but I didnt know they were still the major hub for international business. You're prolly right tho

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
London/UK as the world’s leading international financial centre

-The UK has easily the largest financial services trade surplus in the world. The net exports of the UK financial sector were £18 billion in 2002, up from £15 billion in 2001.

-London is the world’s largest centre for international financial services business in almost all areas. It has 19% of cross-border banking, 45% of foreign equities turnover, 31% of foreign exchange dealing, 36% of over-the-counter derivatives turnover, 39% of aviation insurance premium income, 60% of the primary market in international bonds, and 70% of the secondary market.

-London's status as an international financial centre is underpinned by a variety of factors: notably its critical mass of financial markets, the innovative, skilled and large labour force, the efficient technological infrastructure, the high quality legal and other support services, the level playing field for foreign firms, low personal and corporate taxation, flexible labour laws and English as the language of international finance.

London as the financial capital of "Euroland"

-Since the launch of the euro in 1999, London has established a pre-eminent position in international financial services transactions denominated in euros. 31% of global foreign exchange trading of euros is done in London. London accounts for over 36% of global over-the-counter derivatives contracts in euros. 31% of the international business of banks operating in the UK is denominated in euros.

-Britain's absence from the euro has not prevented London from becoming effectively the international financial capital for euro business.
The strength of London within Europe is reflected that 60% of trades in Eurex (the German and Swiss derivatives exchange) originate in London, even though the exchange's HQ is in Frankfurt. This share has been increasing, with the UK's share of turnover rising from 25% in 1999 to 45% in the first nine months of 2003.

-The Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation produced a report on London's competitiveness as a financial centre, based on the perceptions of a wide range of City practitioners and observers of London. The report found London was rated broadly on a par with New York, and was comfortably ahead of Paris and Frankfurt. The report found that "many international firms... are using cost pressures to accelerate the centralisation of their European operations round their London bases. Several such banks told us that they were paring back their Continental presence and bringing people and operations back to the City."

basically we're still the shit, although this is a couple of years old...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 12:51:23 PM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
the city of london is the finacial capitol of the world
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the city of london is the finacial capitol of the world

That's fucking cold, lol..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
hopefully it wont bite the US in the ass like it did back in the 80's/90's with Al-Qaeda

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8