Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286814 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6240 on: February 24, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »
Lakers have definently turned it up a notch and im glad they did.I fear no team.
Celtics, Mavs, Pistons, Spurs. They don't scare you a little without Bynum?

What's his verdict? I really hope he misses the playoffs - or even better, plays instead of doing a rehab and thusly does horrible.
You are taking the entire Laker season a little too personal.

I concur. But put yourself in my position, man. Imagine the Suns doing a suspect ass trade that sets them up as the best team for the recent future, while your team made a short-term gambling trade. Wouldn't that suck for you?

If that can help, you are the only non-Laker fan in this board who's saying the trade made us the best team in the League.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6241 on: February 24, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »
Lakers have definently turned it up a notch and im glad they did.I fear no team.
Celtics, Mavs, Pistons, Spurs. They don't scare you a little without Bynum?

What's his verdict? I really hope he misses the playoffs - or even better, plays instead of doing a rehab and thusly does horrible.
You are taking the entire Laker season a little too personal.

I concur. But put yourself in my position, man. Imagine the Suns doing a suspect ass trade that sets them up as the best team for the recent future, while your team made a short-term gambling trade. Wouldn't that suck for you?
Don't get me wrong, your frustration is understandable. But if I was in your situation, I wouldn't constantly remind everyone how much I hate the trade. We get the point by now. But at the end of the day, you're still giving the Lakers props. :) The Mavs still have a chance at downing the Lakers in a seven game series.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6242 on: February 24, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »
Good game today... thanks to the Pistons for spanking the Suns and making it easier for us to grab the #1 spot!!
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6243 on: February 25, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »
#1 team in the West again! No Bynum, no Ariza, no Mihm - no problem.
No Kobe, no problem. :D

wcsoldier

« Reply #6244 on: February 25, 2008, 12:41:17 AM »
Fortunately he didn't throw his band wrist towards the ref ... it's a one game suspension rule ... next the Blazers who may be without B.Roy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6245 on: February 25, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »
The Mavs still have a chance at downing the Lakers in a seven game series.

Stop giving him false hopes.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6246 on: February 25, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
8 wins in a row, 11-1 run, 16 home games and 10 road games left! We might be looking at a 60 win season. :o And Kobe is also playing less minutes this season, so he'll be fresh for the playoffs.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6247 on: February 25, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »
The Clips can get the fuck out of my city

Danm Bro..
A Little harsh There..lol
Considering The Clipp's have been Playin' all Season long without There best PG/Sg
And Elton Brand, + Playing with A PG who Does Not want to be there..

I'll Give Them A pass This season.

Never liked them...and never wanted them to be here in the first place.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6248 on: February 25, 2008, 10:30:33 PM »
Bynum did not experience pain or swelling in his left knee the day after jogging in a swimming pool, a positive sign in the recovery process of the 20-year-old center.

"It responded great from the pool. No extra swelling, and I was able to do everything I needed to do today," he said Friday. "I think we've got about a week and a half of the pool and if I keep doing well and don't get any more swelling, then I'll actually be able to get on the treadmill. Once I'm on there, I should be able to get on the court."

The earliest Bynum would return is March 11 against Toronto, although the Lakers will take their time working him back into game action. Accordingly, he is not expected to return until an unspecified date later in March, although he seemed eager Friday.

"I think I can run," he said, smiling. "I don't want to try it right now and hurt myself."

Bynum has missed 18 games since sustaining a deep bone bruise in the knee and a partial dislocation of the kneecap Jan. 13 against Memphis.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers23feb23,1,3650768.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6249 on: February 25, 2008, 10:50:28 PM »
Bynum did not experience pain or swelling in his left knee the day after jogging in a swimming pool, a positive sign in the recovery process of the 20-year-old center.

"It responded great from the pool. No extra swelling, and I was able to do everything I needed to do today," he said Friday. "I think we've got about a week and a half of the pool and if I keep doing well and don't get any more swelling, then I'll actually be able to get on the treadmill. Once I'm on there, I should be able to get on the court."

The earliest Bynum would return is March 11 against Toronto, although the Lakers will take their time working him back into game action. Accordingly, he is not expected to return until an unspecified date later in March, although he seemed eager Friday.

"I think I can run," he said, smiling. "I don't want to try it right now and hurt myself."

Bynum has missed 18 games since sustaining a deep bone bruise in the knee and a partial dislocation of the kneecap Jan. 13 against Memphis.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers23feb23,1,3650768.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

And the congregation said..... AMEN!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6250 on: February 26, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »
then I'll actually be able to get on the treadmill. Once I'm on there, I should be able to get on the court.

lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6251 on: February 26, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »
Lakers Playing Real FLAT Tonight..
Blazers Brought Their A game, And All This W/O Roy.

Bout 2 Step it Up In the 4th
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:39:07 PM by Hatesrats™ »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6252 on: February 26, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »
 8)
Taco Time.
9 in A Row

Farmar With 21 Off The bench.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6253 on: February 26, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
First team in the West to hit the 40 W mark!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #6254 on: February 26, 2008, 10:03:09 PM »
Good to see we can play some good D when we struggle offensive wise ... Luke Walton is useless though , cant wait to Vlad and Ariza to come back