Author Topic: 2pac "all eyez on me" & nas "street dreams" question...  (Read 420 times)

AmeN-Ra

• Lil Geezy
  • Lethal Injektion Giver
Re: 2pac "all eyez on me" & nas "street dreams" question...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 03:20:43 AM »
Just as an FYI - the beat was also used by UK 80's band 'The Eurythmics'......

- Ra
:::::: THE COUNTDOWN TO E.X.T.I.N.C.T.I.O.N. IS NOW ON ::::::

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 03:22:48 AM »

ahh yes of course.. the title of that song was Sweet Dreams right.. links to nas's title..

acbaylove

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 07:10:26 AM »
wel l.... All eyes on me was released about 7 years or so before stillmatic, so i take it nas stole it off 2pac or Johnny J (who produced All eyez on me, the track)

LMAO, that's a good one. I take it EPMD stole the "Let the funk flow" beat off Nas - Nastradamus too, because Chilltown New York was released AFTER Nastradamus?

On the real though... In the intro for "Nas is coming", Nas and Dre claim Pac stole the beat. Word around is, they're speaking the truth & Pac got a beat stolen from Nas' studio (you know what DeathRow was like back then). No one can really tell what's the truth there though.
Nigga are you crazy!!!get your shit striaght homie befor talking...death row did not have to still beats.come on!!! look who they had....-------Dre,Daz, "JJ",Quick,sam seed,hurtem bad ect.....stop sending false info nigga.......this was the time when nas was all on pacs dick,but had a hard time saying he fucked with pac...respect to nas m,ayne......but that track belongs to PAC(he riped that shit).

You obviously don't know the story behind Toss It Up then, because on the original version of the song Pac is CLAIMIN to take the beat saying "Ya we took ya beat!" I think on the released version on Makaveli it still has those vocals but the beat is different. I think for Pac's GH they took those vocals off though.

In regards to the Nas song, they both sampled the same song. It's possible that one camp heard the other's and then decided to sample the same song but it's also possible it's coincidence.

Elevz

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 10:05:32 AM »
wel l.... All eyes on me was released about 7 years or so before stillmatic, so i take it nas stole it off 2pac or Johnny J (who produced All eyez on me, the track)

LMAO, that's a good one. I take it EPMD stole the "Let the funk flow" beat off Nas - Nastradamus too, because Chilltown New York was released AFTER Nastradamus?

On the real though... In the intro for "Nas is coming", Nas and Dre claim Pac stole the beat. Word around is, they're speaking the truth & Pac got a beat stolen from Nas' studio (you know what DeathRow was like back then). No one can really tell what's the truth there though.
Nigga are you crazy!!!get your shit striaght homie befor talking...death row did not have to still beats.come on!!! look who they had....-------Dre,Daz, "JJ",Quick,sam seed,hurtem bad ect.....stop sending false info nigga.......this was the time when nas was all on pacs dick,but had a hard time saying he fucked with pac...respect to nas m,ayne......but that track belongs to PAC(he riped that shit).

Are you fucking blind? Was I saying I was speaking facts? No, I was talking about rumours. Get your shit straight before talking...

Shahizzle

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 03:25:26 PM »

Whatcha talkin about? "Street Dreams" wasn't on Stillmatic  ::)

Aww my bad .. it was on It Was Written  ;D, silly mistake lol.