Author Topic: why does kanye get hated on so much ?  (Read 342 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: why does kanye get hated on so much ?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 06:49:47 PM »
I agree with the people who say he's too arrogant, but I don't really hate him for that reason.  Good music is good music, and besides, hip-hop is a genre that encourages egotism, anyway.  If I hated on every rapper with a major ego, I wouldn't be listening to half of what comes out.

i dont like this kind of rap, i like the agressive kind of rap, with a heavy bass and a gangsta ass beat with some agressive lyrics and a dope ass flow. nerdish rap is not for me, maybe my mama would like this, i mean, the dude made the front page of times, i think that the peoples who bought his cd are non hip hop peoples, he is more appealing to them, like eminem did the real slim shady.

Gee, pardon us for being intelligent and able to appreciate music that's actually got substance, instead of just attitude.  If I'm a nerd because I like his type of music, so be it.

See, stupid white kid like you who only buy albums cuz they're "gangsta" are the reason why hip-hop is so fucked up today.

Exactly. His music has substance and is innovative. So what if he has a big ego. Anyone heard of KRS-One?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

teecee

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 07:05:44 PM »
Kanye has a big ego, but at this point in my life that is not as a much of a character flaw as with all these fake ass rappers pretending they gangsters.   

Kanye is by far the most important new artist to hiphop in the last five years, whether you like his music or not he brought something new and has had a huge impact on the game.  Most importantly, he really cares about making quality albums front to back, something very few artists do nowadays.

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 07:14:18 PM »
coz hes a samplewhore

never liked his music or productions.
yeah, he's not being original with it and making a beat from scratch

he's such a fag anyways the way he acts and his music makes me wanna kill myself it's so annoying

plus the whole MTV crowd is behind him, and we know how clueless those people are

he trys way too hard

plus his music really isnt that deep at all, no real insights into anything he just uses hot words occasionally to make us think he's rapping about something important.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 07:16:39 PM by w3$t c04$t »

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »
See, stupid white kid like you who only buy albums cuz they're "gangsta" are the reason why hip-hop is so fucked up today.
wow that's a really deep and insightful comment by you  ::)

so any white person who listens to rap only listens to gangsta rap and likes it because they're gang related?  :grumpy:

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 07:29:45 PM »
he had like 1 or 2 listenable songs and the rest is fucking bullshit, that style is so wack

Thats such crap.....it's comments like this that make people always wanna just rap like 2pac.  His style is deep and yes more R&B recently to hit more deeply than just gangbanging.  Explaining more realistic things like love for his mother, struggle to rap even after a big accident, making beats, taking huge risk like dropping outta skool to do what u believe in, and the insecurities of a person not sure what their doing in college.

Eihtball

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 07:46:09 PM »
so any white person who listens to rap only listens to gangsta rap and likes it because they're gang related?  :grumpy:

No, never said that, but that's what this kid said is the reason HE listens to it.  Unfortunately, there are too many white boys who are more interested in attitudes than substance, so that's what the rich white record execs give them, and that, in turn, is what's been plaguing hip-hop.

I don't mind white kids liking hip-hop, but I don't think there's any doubt that they are the reason why the art form has become a bastion of ignorance instead of street knowledge.

The Watcher

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 08:09:19 PM »
so, white people are the reason why rappers are rappin about rims, jewelry & all that shit? get outta here .. you will always have the ones who like hiphop for its 'art form', then you'll have the ones who like it for being popular .. when rappers find something else to finally rap about, the popular crowd will be  down with that. nobody is forcin people to buy trash that is talkin about cars, money etc..

how many black people do you see wearin jewelry, drivin cars with expensive rims etc.. vs white people?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 11:50:42 PM »
Because Kanye is fuckin cocky as hell, but he can back it up. Other rappers gotta fake it just to sell records, Kanye keeps it real.

I mean he gets bitches wearing teddy bear sweaters. How gangsta is that?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 01:07:17 AM »
i hate kanye west because.......
Hes mainstream
12 year olds listin to kanye west
Those 12 year olds are girls who listen to whatever their friends listen to who listen to whatever is on Mtv.
Gay ass R and B tracks.
i hate his voice, his flow, i dont like his rapping.
i hate his beats.
i hate the way he acts arragant asshole motherfucker.

Kanye West..... I HATE THAT GUY.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 01:50:34 AM »
"Addiction" is fiyaaah!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 02:10:27 AM »
Only 2 beats he did I like are 'Jesus Walks' (which he totally ruins btw by rappin over it) and Knoc's 'Music'
The guy's an arrogant bitch, he acts like he's retarded, he sux and I just totally hate him

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 03:01:58 AM »
Nobody hated the guy when he was just producing....funny.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 04:48:25 AM »
^^Well, u got a producer making hits (even tho I don't like his beats) for gangstas and then u see him coming out
wearing teddy bear sweaters.
kinda disillusioning. And if a guy like that starts acting like some cocky bitch...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 06:59:10 AM »
plus his music really isnt that deep at all, no real insights into anything he just uses hot words occasionally to make us think he's rapping about something important.

Exactly. He puts out a song like Jesus, makes it sound like it's something spiritual but it's the same stupid rap song with pointless similes, illogical complaints, and self promotion. Then comes right back with couple stupid misogynistic songs that pretend that they aren't misogynistic but they are.

The guy is a clown. You break him and down and he's ust like any other rapper. The only difference is he's convinced people that he isn't.