Author Topic: What makes snoop so great  (Read 948 times)

Big BpG

Re: What makes snoop so great
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2002, 07:38:42 AM »

how am i a nas dickrider when i admit nastradaumaus an i am suck,  i know people that think those r hot albms,  thats a dick rider

I AM is a hot album, it put NAS back on the map... thats how I got into NAS... he's one of my favorite rappers, but I'll tell you this... I'll take I AM to Stillmatic anyday...

am I a dickrider?

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2002, 07:40:04 AM »

dat don't mean shit album wise,

snoop and nas pass trought several big dramam, but snoop pass in some biggger and deeper ones , so i don't judge an artist only by his albums but overall

if we judge a rapper by all tha drama that they had in there lives than i guess that makes tray dee better than snoop,  b/c tray dee makes tight music,  an plus hes been locked up an shot,  he is a OG,  he has been through more drama.  So that makes tray better than snoop.  Vaniila Ice,  u wanna talk about drama,   he tried committing suicide i think twice,  suge threathened his life held him over a balcony,  now thats drama,  vanilla ice is tha GOAT than.  Come on,  thats a bull shit excuse slickk.  If anything,  tha more drama in his life,  he should be rapping about that instead of smokin weed,  why doesnt he speak more on his life,  he did in still a g thang an thats one of my favorite snoop songs.  If we judge a rapper by drama in there life there are rappers that faced a lot more drama in there lives than snoop like cormega

Big BpG

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2002, 08:04:46 AM »

if we judge a rapper by all tha drama that they had in there lives than i guess that makes tray dee better than snoop,  b/c tray dee makes tight music,  an plus hes been locked up an shot,  he is a OG,  he has been through more drama.  So that makes tray better than snoop.  Vaniila Ice,  u wanna talk about drama,   he tried committing suicide i think twice,  suge threathened his life held him over a balcony,  now thats drama,  vanilla ice is tha GOAT than.  Come on,  thats a bull shit excuse slickk.  If anything,  tha more drama in his life,  he should be rapping about that instead of smokin weed,  why doesnt he speak more on his life,  he did in still a g thang an thats one of my favorite snoop songs.  If we judge a rapper by drama in there life there are rappers that faced a lot more drama in there lives than snoop like cormega

Think about it like this... when snoop started, he came from the streets... then he got money... bought a big house, not in the streets, didn't have time to bang... and went through a murder trial... he's learned a lot, his life is totally differen't than when he started, he isn't on the streets now, if you want him to rap about his life... then he is going to rap about, the weed, the money, and tha hoes, not about the fool he shot in the hood... snoop already served his time in jail... and he's learned from his mistake...

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2002, 08:15:25 AM »

Think about it like this... when snoop started, he came from the streets... then he got money... bought a big house, not in the streets, didn't have time to bang... and went through a murder trial... he's learned a lot, his life is totally differen't than when he started, he isn't on the streets now, if you want him to rap about his life... then he is going to rap about, the weed, the money, and tha hoes, not about the fool he shot in the hood... snoop already served his time in jail... and he's learned from his mistake...

-Big BpG

if snoop aint in tha streets anymore,  than why is he claiming crip harder than he ever has.  An what u listed in what he is rapping about now,  its that shit that is killin rap.  Why dont he rap more about growing up,  rap more about his trials an tribulations,  he does occasionally but still a lot of what he raps about is hoes money an weed,  not very creative if u ask me

Big BpG

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2002, 08:20:20 AM »

if snoop aint in tha streets anymore,  than why is he claiming crip harder than he ever has.  An what u listed in what he is rapping about now,  its that shit that is killin rap.  Why dont he rap more about growing up,  rap more about his trials an tribulations,  he does occasionally but still a lot of what he raps about is hoes money an weed,  not very creative if u ask me

i aint beefin dogg, but check this... grab tha last meal... pop it in your player... start on track 1 and listen through the whole album and just listen... word for word... tell me what he's rapping about, it aint bullshit... its real... shit i can relate to... doggy dogg brotha

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

techniec

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2002, 08:52:27 AM »
im actually feelin what tom is sayin

i love doggystyle and snoop has dropped heaters,

but his laziness, his inconsistency and his lack of hunger and direction at times, it irritates me

last meal was dope, but i want snoop to drop an album that'll like...FUCKIN FUCK THE WORLD UP, let em know why snoop is an icon and one of the biggest rappers in the world,

im still waiting for an album like that,  i doubt well get that from his Priority release, i think hes gonna rush thru that

my 0.2 cents..........

maddskilzz9

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2002, 10:06:48 AM »
Snoop has got skilzz

i mean, he can rap and also SING

his voice is sooo unique and was one those that brought the Gangsta style into hip hop

DPGC2001

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2002, 10:19:36 AM »
Snoop may not be the best lyricist but he makes great music...Both Last Meal and Top Dogg are underrated albums...If Snoop was from NY all the east coast heads would be on his dick like Jay-z or Nas...IMO opinion Snoop is right up there with those rappers in terms of overall ability...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2002, 10:31:09 AM »
Snoop life in the music industry is like an episode cause every album gotta a meaning , Doggystyle was an angry album where Snoop show that he is a dangerous mc, Tha Doggfather was an album that show Snoop Funky side, Da Game album was to show people that he can still be tight with the dirty south sound ,Top Dogg was his return 2 tha west , And Last Meal was a Fucc tha haters album.So Tru fans that support Snoop since Deep Cover still lovin him no matter what happened and Cant wait to see the next episode wich is his return on the Top as the Boss

and one of the reason that make him so great his that every hook and every verse that he comes with alwayz get stock in Yo head

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2002, 10:51:23 AM »

don't try to play the smart ass with me buddy , u know exactly what i mean , and i was talkin about nas and snoop so where do u came from with tray and vanilla shits , anyways, don't get it twisted homeboy, they both in my TOP 3 , so once again don't bullshit with me
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2002, 10:57:10 AM »
well, ya  like to do comparaison right, well u don't like snoop still but nas one but why bitchin about it, u don't like it say it and it's over , why u got to drops thousand and thousand of posts about it,

like your vanilla ice shit , check let's make it like this

vanilla ice = nas

mc hammer = snoop

so u like vanilla ice , but that don't makes mc hammer a shitty rapper neither, it's just not your style so switch to nas , stick with him and leave the world in peace ...
gives me dopeness"                                   

maddskilzz9

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2002, 11:04:42 AM »
Also, the Girls on snoops hook make kick ass hooks

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2002, 02:53:56 PM »
Also, the Girls on snoops hook make kick ass hooks

true, nobody never talk about featuring, and i think that shit suck, ja rule is doin well on his side, look where ashanti is now ( dawmm)
gives me dopeness"                                   

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2002, 04:18:45 PM »

don't try to play the smart ass with me buddy , u know exactly what i mean , and i was talkin about nas and snoop so where do u came from with tray and vanilla shits , anyways, don't get it twisted homeboy, they both in my TOP 3 , so once again don't bullshit with me

no, u were sayin that we should give snoop tha advantage over nas b/c of tha drama in his life

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2002, 04:18:56 PM »
Snoop and Nas are like comparing the taste of steak to chocolate. Both are good, but different, and not far. I personally will buy a Snoop album, but that's my coastal biased. un-biasely, I think Nas is a better rapper. But album wise, lets see the tale of the tape.

Snoop Dogg:
Doggystyle - 5
Doggfather - 3
Game Is To Be Sold - 2
Top Dogg - 4
Last Meal - 4

Nas
Illmatic - 5
It Was Written - 4
I Am - 3.5
Nastradumas - 2
Stillmatic - 4.5

Acourding to my scale, 19-18 in favor of Nas, so barely Nas. But hey, in some opinions, Snoop. What ever floats your boat.