Author Topic: "The Eminem Show" - MTV Article  (Read 654 times)

The Watcher

"The Eminem Show" - MTV Article
« on: April 01, 2002, 01:29:24 PM »
source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1453165/20020329/story.jhtml

Those who thought Eminem would tone down his shocking rhymes on the follow-up to his controversial The Marshall Mathers LP thought wrong.

At least according to his mentor, Dr. Dre, who has handed over most of the producing duties on The Eminem Show, due May 28, to Slim Shady himself.

"His album is crazy. I mean, what more can I say? It's Eminem to the fullest," Dre said Wednesday at his Burbank, California, recording studio. "Everybody that digs the first two albums is gonna love this one."

Rumors that the album would be more serious are not true, according to the Dr., who is still finishing his tracks with Eminem.

"Well, I do feel he has matured as a lyricist, but I don't know if [saying he's] moving in a different direction is accurate," Dre said. "His stuff is really crazy to me because just when you think, 'OK, he has run out of stuff to say, he can get no crazier than this,' something comes out of his face that gives you chills or something. Makes the hair crawl on your skin. So I think the shock value of Eminem is definitely gonna still be there, but it's just getting better."

Eminem will come out with a bang on his first single, "Without Me," which his Interscope Records spokesperson said was reminiscent of the lead singles from The Slim Shady LP ("My Name Is") and The Marshall Mathers LP ("The Real Slim Shady"). A video for "Without Me," which was produced by Eminem, will be shot next week.

"His production skills are getting really nice," Dre said. "I think there is one song that has Nate Dogg on it, but most of the album is just him. He's singing a lot. He's singing and doing a lot of his own choruses and harmonies. The whole nine yards."

R&B singer Truth Hurts, Dr. Dre's latest protégé, said she recorded vocals for The Eminem Show several months ago in Detroit.

"It came out hot," she said. "I think it is kind of a spinoff of Rockwell's 'Somebody's Watching Me,' 'cause I remember singing those melodies. We did that a while ago, before he started getting into the record full-force, so I don't know what songs he's going to use. Hopefully that's one of them."

Legendary rapper Rakim, who recently signed with Dre's Aftermath Records, said he'll likely make a list-minute contribution.

"He's got a joint that he said has got my name on it," Rakim said. "It is like a family thing over here. I respect Em a lot. When Em flows, you hear skills, you hear words that a lot of brothers forgot about sometimes. That's what it is all about."

Rakim has heard a few tracks from Eminem's album and said to expect even more clever rhymes and twisted humor.

"I am not going to say he cleaned nothing up, don't get me wrong, but he's definitely speaking at a different level," Rakim said. "It is more mature, but at the same time it is still Em. He's gonna [make you think], 'Man, he said that?' Put it this way: he stepped the skills up."
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: "The Eminem Show" - MTV Article
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 02:12:02 PM »
hehe thx for the article, its dope
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2002, 02:19:42 PM »
Em And Ra????  OMG!!!  I'm anticipating this one more and more everyday.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 02:26:18 PM »
man i cant w8 4 this cd!!!!!!!!!

but anyway did u hear that eminem is gettin sued by some dude in france that is claiming that they stole the KILL U beat offa him

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2002, 02:32:19 PM »

Thanx for the read homie..
"Eminem show" gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Somethin' else to look foward to, which is lookin' like to be a tiiiiiiiiiiiight year in music, Alot of my favorites are coming out with "new" material this year in all Forms of music..

peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

MidnightPills

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2002, 03:33:48 PM »
I can't wait!! thanks for the article...

MMMMM!!! EMINEM!!! MMMMM!!! ;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2002, 03:53:08 PM »
I enjoy Eminems production and love to hear what he got to say so I can't wait for May.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2002, 04:51:08 PM »
I can't wait!! thanks for the article...

MMMMM!!! EMINEM!!! MMMMM!!! ;D

Personally, I'd like to see him goto his Pre-My Name Is days and get rid of ^ that shit
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2002, 05:12:35 PM »
this is mos def groundbreaking newz for hip-hop fanz as long az ra and em follow thru and make this track....damn the most contravercial lyricist meets up wit the best mc ever....damn holy shit...this is the shit...and it loooks like it will happen cause i saw ra interviewed live on that mtv site....and he looked pretty pumped up bout bein on em's album, along wit givin him mad respect....holllllllllllllllllla
peace

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2002, 12:33:22 AM »

Legendary rapper Rakim, who recently signed with Dre's Aftermath Records, said he'll likely make a list-minute contribution.

"He's got a joint that he said has got my name on it," Rakim said. "It is like a family thing over here. I respect Em a lot. When Em flows, you hear skills, you hear words that a lot of brothers forgot about sometimes. That's what it is all about."

Rakim has heard a few tracks from Eminem's album and said to expect even more clever rhymes and twisted humor.

"I am not going to say he cleaned nothing up, don't get me wrong, but he's definitely speaking at a different level," Rakim said. "It is more mature, but at the same time it is still Em. He's gonna [make you think], 'Man, he said that?' Put it this way: he stepped the skills up."

Rakim Said That?! - Thats My Curiosity Satisfied - This Is Gonna Be Huge!

I Hope He Reclaims Some Of His Core Fans That Lost Respect For Him After The MMLP (Because That IMO Was More Pop Than SSLP, SSLP Still Had That Rawer Edge To It)

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2002, 01:01:32 AM »
dope!!!!!!!!

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2002, 01:46:20 AM »
Fucking DOPE ;D ;D ;D ;D
I

KVB

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2002, 01:48:50 AM »
dope!!!!!!!!

(I had to quote this)

Youngster323

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2002, 02:34:59 AM »

Personally, I'd like to see him goto his Pre-My Name Is days and get rid of ^ that shit

get rid of what?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2002, 02:56:40 AM »
man i hope this eminem produced track 'without me' is nuttin like purple pills!!!lol but on the real i dont think it will be cuz this is his album so he gotta make sure its fully dope! n eminem doin alot of producin on it shiould aslo be interesting to listen but wihout a doubt for me, the tracks with rakim, nate dogg and the ones produced by dr dre are the ones i wanna hear!!! cant wait for the album!shud be dope
dre said it, rakim said it! wat more ya want!

peace