Author Topic: question for Quik fans...  (Read 497 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: question for Quik fans...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »
G1 did a few songs on his own, such as that R. Kelly and Redman song "Home alone".

Somebody else said it on here, and I think I agree...Quik's style has been good, but not as dope since he stopped workin with G1. It was one of those combos like Mel Man n Dre, to where their styles sounded similar, and Mel Man/G1 usually wouldn't make classic music without Dre/Quik, but when they got together it was amazing. G1 was there during most of the "Rhythmalism" sound that we loved the most from Quik.

They make an excellent combo Quik and G-One but really quik doesnt need him to sound dope or better then if they were togetha. G-One only helped quik on 3 songs on Rhythm-al-ism(So Many Wayz, Whatever U Do, and Pussy Medley). Its different then Mel-Man/Dr. Dre cuz Mel-Man helped CO produce all or most of Dre's songs on 2001...Dre usally has always has a CO producer by his side like Mike E or Scott Storch, while quik doesnt.

My point is that you cant say Quik hasnt been as dope since he stoped working with G-One cuz it is true that when he helped quik with songs it sounded dope but he can sound as doper or doper without him.

He's still been dope, but whether it was G-one bein there or it was just the music Quik was doin then, he hasn't been puttin out AS MUCH dope shit as he was at that time. Since Rhythmalism, there have only been 2-3 beats that have been amazing to me as many of the beats were in that era. Everything else has still been well above average and I have loved it, but just not as much.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 03:35:12 PM »
G1 did a few songs on his own, such as that R. Kelly and Redman song "Home alone".

Somebody else said it on here, and I think I agree...Quik's style has been good, but not as dope since he stopped workin with G1. It was one of those combos like Mel Man n Dre, to where their styles sounded similar, and Mel Man/G1 usually wouldn't make classic music without Dre/Quik, but when they got together it was amazing. G1 was there during most of the "Rhythmalism" sound that we loved the most from Quik.

They make an excellent combo Quik and G-One but really quik doesnt need him to sound dope or better then if they were togetha. G-One only helped quik on 3 songs on Rhythm-al-ism(So Many Wayz, Whatever U Do, and Pussy Medley). Its different then Mel-Man/Dr. Dre cuz Mel-Man helped CO produce all or most of Dre's songs on 2001...Dre usally has always has a CO producer by his side like Mike E or Scott Storch, while quik doesnt.

My point is that you cant say Quik hasnt been as dope since he stoped working with G-One cuz it is true that when he helped quik with songs it sounded dope but he can sound as doper or doper without him.

He's still been dope, but whether it was G-one bein there or it was just the music Quik was doin then, he hasn't been puttin out AS MUCH dope shit as he was at that time. Since Rhythmalism, there have only been 2-3 beats that have been amazing to me as many of the beats were in that era. Everything else has still been well above average and I have loved it, but just not as much.

I agree with that but IMO G-one is irrelevant to the music Quik produces...

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 03:36:43 PM »
^^^^ yet another co-sign

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »
im pretty sure Black Tone is Toney Lane (Lang?) of Laneway Records... anyways "Black Tone is the backbone" who told quik about suga free... its in his interview on visualism...

another person u left out is Stan Shepard... not really sure who he is

peace

Quik ain't cool with Black Tone any more. "Black Tone kicked me off of Spruce Block"

Quik doesn't work with G-One any more, he stated so in an interview. He still works with Robert Bacon, as he played guitar on Trauma.

when did quik say that about being kicked out?

It was on the Trauma mixtape, I don't remember the name of the song.

I heard that G-One produced Get Involved with Raphael Saddiq and Q-Tip, is that true?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Matty

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »
i thought get involved was a Saddiq beat, could be wrong though. only tune i got solo produced by g-one except that home alone is 'dwele - find a way' which is some smooth shit, can't really distinguish it from a quik beat.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 05:50:50 PM »
i thought get involved was a Saddiq beat, could be wrong though. only tune i got solo produced by g-one except that home alone is 'dwele - find a way' which is some smooth shit, can't really distinguish it from a quik beat.

G-1 did Find a way?? thats dope

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 10:53:53 PM »
Black Tone was the one who bought Quik out of Profile
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 09:06:56 AM »
g-one is kinda like quiks right hand man through out it all.. i think he's not been involved so much as of late..

yea pretty much..

if it wasnt from arsenio hall.. quik n g-one would have prolly never would have met..

kuz i remember a interview.. quik had statin how he met g-one..sumthin bout they was performin jus lyke compton live...and 1 of the players didnt show up..jus so happen g-one was in the mix..and thass how the connection came..

quik n g-one's sound damn near similar.. kuz that song r.kelly had with kieth murray...i swore up n down..quik did it..but g-one laced pee pee man and kieth with that beat...