4 (18.2%)
Miami Heat
0 (0%)
Sacramento Kings
5 (22.7%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: What team will Ron Artest be traded to?  (Read 3051 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: What team will Ron Artest be traded to?
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2005, 07:36:35 PM »
It makes me sick how so many teams let this opportunity slip through their fingers. Artest would be AWESOME on the Mavs. They are notorious for their horrid defense. Their offense is already kickin, and Artest isnt bad at offense either!! The fact that they don't want to trade Stackhouse for Artest makes my stomache aching. I bet Avery Johnson gets blowjobs from Stack.

how could u not want to trade Stackhouse for Artest? lol. How many games has Stack missed this year? And has it mattered? No. Artest brings instance toughness under the boards. Stack is just another scorer....which they dont need.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 03:14:31 AM »
No, it's not a sin

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2005, 01:53:16 PM »
i told you NIK, Artest would be a good fit in LA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-051217-18

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 11:08:51 AM »
See...The man is ridiculous. If he wasn't this good, he would never be allowed to pull shit like this...Shit, even if he was on Devean George's skill-level, I believe he woulda' been kicked out of the league a LONGGG time ago for the way he acts...This is why I don't want him in LA... Fuck Artest and his problems... :-X

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2005, 11:10:13 AM »
I think he has mental problems for real... he should see a psychiatrist and Im not being dissing/cynical
No, it's not a sin

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2005, 01:01:20 PM »
See...The man is ridiculous. If he wasn't this good, he would never be allowed to pull shit like this...Shit, even if he was on Devean George's skill-level, I believe he woulda' been kicked out of the league a LONGGG time ago for the way he acts...This is why I don't want him in LA... Fuck Artest and his problems... :-X

Phil had Rodman in Chicago. I dunno if Rodman kept it together cus of Phil....or Jordan/Pippen. Or, maybe all three. Artest has problems for sure....but if i were a team who wasnt a contender right now, id go for it. I wouldnt want him on my team right now, but we have a solid roster and he would be a distraction. The Lakers are still in somewhat of a transition stage, without a real chemistry yet anyways. Why not take a chance.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 12:58:10 PM »

Phil had Rodman in Chicago. I dunno if Rodman kept it together cus of Phil....or Jordan/Pippen. Or, maybe all three. Artest has problems for sure....but if i were a team who wasnt a contender right now, id go for it. I wouldnt want him on my team right now, but we have a solid roster and he would be a distraction. The Lakers are still in somewhat of a transition stage, without a real chemistry yet anyways. Why not take a chance.

Rodman is 30 times more mentally stable than Artest will ever be. Rodman was just an attention whore, but he still understood things, Aretst is more of a retard who doesn't realize what he does until the month after...Fact is, Lakers are playing great. The chemistry is building, they've re-emerged as an obvious playoff team, and by the end of the year, I believe they will be mentioned under the same breath as all the other contenders...WITHOUT ARTEST.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 01:05:44 PM »

Rodman is 30 times more mentally stable than Artest will ever be. Rodman was just an attention whore, but he still understood things, Aretst is more of a retard who doesn't realize what he does until the month after...Fact is, Lakers are playing great. The chemistry is building, they've re-emerged as an obvious playoff team, and by the end of the year, I believe they will be mentioned under the same breath as all the other contenders...WITHOUT ARTEST.

Artest=Rodman. Just not as mature (he IS younger), but more talented. As for the Lakers...i dont see them as a contender this year man. Be real with yourself. They are playing good right now, i admitted that. But i do think theyll be streaky all year, with a lot of ups and downs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 01:07:33 PM »

Artest=Rodman. Just not as mature (he IS younger), but more talented. As for the Lakers...i dont see them as a contender this year man. Be real with yourself. They are playing good right now, i admitted that. But i do think theyll be streaky all year, with a lot of ups and downs.

OK. That's what you think. I believe that in March, they'll be 10 times better than they are now...It's the way Phil works usually.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 01:15:10 PM »

OK. That's what you think. I believe that in March, they'll be 10 times better than they are now...It's the way Phil works usually.

to be honest with you man, im not sure what to think yet. thats why i havent been makin any real major comments about LA yet. they could get better from this point or they could do this yo yo shit all year. where they look like a 3 or 4 seed in the west....and 2 weeks later look like an 8 seed, or lower. but to be real, i dont know...theyre kind of on that edge where they could go either way. One way or another (and im sure youll agree), theyre gonna need more then Kobe scoring 35+ a night to win in the playoffs. You can beat good teams during the regular season...but in a 7 game series, and more then likely for the Lakers, without homecourt advantage...theyre definetely gonna need some others to step up. They need some people out there who are able to knock down threes consistently...i mean, dependable. Kobe shooting fade away jumpers during the playoffs isnt gonna get it done. theyre gonna need him slashing to the basket...getting in the paint, and causing problems there. but without anyone on the outside making shots...teams will just collapse on him in the lane.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 06:25:27 PM »

to be honest with you man, im not sure what to think yet. thats why i havent been makin any real major comments about LA yet. they could get better from this point or they could do this yo yo shit all year. where they look like a 3 or 4 seed in the west....and 2 weeks later look like an 8 seed, or lower. but to be real, i dont know...theyre kind of on that edge where they could go either way. One way or another (and im sure youll agree), theyre gonna need more then Kobe scoring 35+ a night to win in the playoffs. You can beat good teams during the regular season...but in a 7 game series, and more then likely for the Lakers, without homecourt advantage...theyre definetely gonna need some others to step up. They need some people out there who are able to knock down threes consistently...i mean, dependable. Kobe shooting fade away jumpers during the playoffs isnt gonna get it done. theyre gonna need him slashing to the basket...getting in the paint, and causing problems there. but without anyone on the outside making shots...teams will just collapse on him in the lane.

So far, we've been able to depend on Odom, Smush, and (most of the time) Mihm for offense. We don't need a player who demands a lot of offense, that's why Odoms good for out system...I think Lakers will do fine.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2005, 10:51:34 AM »
The dumbass is still gunna get traded. Looks like Denver might be a possibility...

Pacers likely to trade Artest after holidays. Nuggets showing interest in all-star
By Marc J. Spears
Denver Post Staff Writer 

Indiana forward Ron Artest's agent expects his client to spend this holiday season in a Pacers uniform.

The Pacers still plan to trade Artest, who recently requested to be dealt and then changed his mind.

The Nuggets have acknowledged talking to Indiana about Artest and are rumored to be dangling forward-center Nene and guard Earl Watson in exchange for Artest and guard Anthony Johnson.

Artest's agent, Mark Stevens, said Wednesday he is talking to Pacers president Donnie Walsh regularly and expects a trade after the holidays.

Walsh told The Indianapolis Star he doubted a trade would happen this week and said he was still trying to narrow teams for a two- or three-team deal.

"We're just waiting to hear," Stevens said. "Of course, we are part of the process, and no team wants a player that doesn't want to be in that city."

Stevens said he and Artest have not discussed the Nuggets.

"If that becomes an option, we'll cross that bridge when we reach it," Stevens said. "But right now it's not an option. To speculate would be like saying, 'What would you do with a million dollars?' When you get the million dollars, then you decide what to do with it."

The 2004 all-star has a troubled history, most notably his 73-game suspension last season for fighting with fans during a game against Detroit.

"For me, I have so many problems right now that I can't be worried about Ron Artest," said Nuggets coach George Karl, who declined to address what it would be like to coach him. "I think Ron Artest is a great player, always have. ... I have been depressed about what happened in Detroit. I was working for ESPN (as an analyst) at that time. That was a heavy moment. For me, he's a top 25 player in the NBA."

Artest told The Indianapolis Star: "I'm anxious to find out what's happening because I'm ready to get back on the court and start playing again."

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2005, 04:37:59 AM »
Kobe said on PTI that he would love to play with Ron Artest.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2005, 11:51:49 AM »

So far, we've been able to depend on Odom, Smush, and (most of the time) Mihm for offense. We don't need a player who demands a lot of offense, that's why Odoms good for out system...I think Lakers will do fine.

theyll need more if they make the playoffs...believe me. Look how many weapons the Suns had last year (far more then LA), and against a team like SA got crushed.