4 (18.2%)
Miami Heat
0 (0%)
Sacramento Kings
5 (22.7%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: What team will Ron Artest be traded to?  (Read 3053 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: What team will Ron Artest be traded to?
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2005, 01:36:26 PM »
See...The man is ridiculous. If he wasn't this good, he would never be allowed to pull shit like this...Shit, even if he was on Devean George's skill-level, I believe he woulda' been kicked out of the league a LONGGG time ago for the way he acts...This is why I don't want him in LA... Fuck Artest and his problems... :-X

Phil had Rodman in Chicago. I dunno if Rodman kept it together cus of Phil....or Jordan/Pippen. Or, maybe all three. Artest has problems for sure....but if i were a team who wasnt a contender right now, id go for it. I wouldnt want him on my team right now, but we have a solid roster and he would be a distraction. The Lakers are still in somewhat of a transition stage, without a real chemistry yet anyways. Why not take a chance.

Rodman is 30 times more mentally stable than Artest will ever be. Rodman was just an attention whore, but he still understood things, Aretst is more of a retard who doesn't realize what he does until the month after...Fact is, Lakers are playing great. The chemistry is building, they've re-emerged as an obvious playoff team, and by the end of the year, I believe they will be mentioned under the same breath as all the other contenders...WITHOUT ARTEST.

Artest=Rodman. Just not as mature (he IS younger), but more talented. As for the Lakers...i dont see them as a contender this year man. Be real with yourself. They are playing good right now, i admitted that. But i do think theyll be streaky all year, with a lot of ups and downs.

OK. That's what you think. I believe that in March, they'll be 10 times better than they are now...It's the way Phil works usually.

to be honest with you man, im not sure what to think yet. thats why i havent been makin any real major comments about LA yet. they could get better from this point or they could do this yo yo shit all year. where they look like a 3 or 4 seed in the west....and 2 weeks later look like an 8 seed, or lower. but to be real, i dont know...theyre kind of on that edge where they could go either way. One way or another (and im sure youll agree), theyre gonna need more then Kobe scoring 35+ a night to win in the playoffs. You can beat good teams during the regular season...but in a 7 game series, and more then likely for the Lakers, without homecourt advantage...theyre definetely gonna need some others to step up. They need some people out there who are able to knock down threes consistently...i mean, dependable. Kobe shooting fade away jumpers during the playoffs isnt gonna get it done. theyre gonna need him slashing to the basket...getting in the paint, and causing problems there. but without anyone on the outside making shots...teams will just collapse on him in the lane.

So far, we've been able to depend on Odom, Smush, and (most of the time) Mihm for offense. We don't need a player who demands a lot of offense, that's why Odoms good for out system...I think Lakers will do fine.

theyll need more if they make the playoffs...believe me. Look how many weapons the Suns had last year (far more then LA), and against a team like SA got crushed.

Suns didn't have a Kobe. Suns didn't have a Phil... 8)

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2005, 11:36:08 PM »
 8)
CLIPPERS!!!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2005, 11:37:53 PM »
See...The man is ridiculous. If he wasn't this good, he would never be allowed to pull shit like this...Shit, even if he was on Devean George's skill-level, I believe he woulda' been kicked out of the league a LONGGG time ago for the way he acts...This is why I don't want him in LA... Fuck Artest and his problems... :-X

Phil had Rodman in Chicago. I dunno if Rodman kept it together cus of Phil....or Jordan/Pippen. Or, maybe all three. Artest has problems for sure....but if i were a team who wasnt a contender right now, id go for it. I wouldnt want him on my team right now, but we have a solid roster and he would be a distraction. The Lakers are still in somewhat of a transition stage, without a real chemistry yet anyways. Why not take a chance.

Rodman is 30 times more mentally stable than Artest will ever be. Rodman was just an attention whore, but he still understood things, Aretst is more of a retard who doesn't realize what he does until the month after...Fact is, Lakers are playing great. The chemistry is building, they've re-emerged as an obvious playoff team, and by the end of the year, I believe they will be mentioned under the same breath as all the other contenders...WITHOUT ARTEST.

Artest=Rodman. Just not as mature (he IS younger), but more talented. As for the Lakers...i dont see them as a contender this year man. Be real with yourself. They are playing good right now, i admitted that. But i do think theyll be streaky all year, with a lot of ups and downs.

OK. That's what you think. I believe that in March, they'll be 10 times better than they are now...It's the way Phil works usually.

to be honest with you man, im not sure what to think yet. thats why i havent been makin any real major comments about LA yet. they could get better from this point or they could do this yo yo shit all year. where they look like a 3 or 4 seed in the west....and 2 weeks later look like an 8 seed, or lower. but to be real, i dont know...theyre kind of on that edge where they could go either way. One way or another (and im sure youll agree), theyre gonna need more then Kobe scoring 35+ a night to win in the playoffs. You can beat good teams during the regular season...but in a 7 game series, and more then likely for the Lakers, without homecourt advantage...theyre definetely gonna need some others to step up. They need some people out there who are able to knock down threes consistently...i mean, dependable. Kobe shooting fade away jumpers during the playoffs isnt gonna get it done. theyre gonna need him slashing to the basket...getting in the paint, and causing problems there. but without anyone on the outside making shots...teams will just collapse on him in the lane.

So far, we've been able to depend on Odom, Smush, and (most of the time) Mihm for offense. We don't need a player who demands a lot of offense, that's why Odoms good for out system...I think Lakers will do fine.

theyll need more if they make the playoffs...believe me. Look how many weapons the Suns had last year (far more then LA), and against a team like SA got crushed.

yeah, and the Lakers dont have a team other then Kobe....and Phil cant suit up on gameday, so who gives a shit about him? lol

wcsoldier

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2005, 05:32:51 AM »
Apparently a Lenard plus Nene against Artest trade is on the way

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2005, 10:24:56 AM »

yeah, and the Lakers dont have a team other then Kobe....and Phil cant suit up on gameday, so who gives a shit about him? lol

Oh yea, they don't have a team...That's why they were the hottest TEAM in December before the last 2 losses. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit, Lakers are shutting down teams defensively night in and night out. It's just Kobe doing most of the offensive work, even though we got other players who can score (Smush, Odom, Mihm, Cook, etc.)...Once again, just stop ya hating. ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2006, 02:38:48 PM »
The latest rumblings from the Ron Artest derby, via various NBA front-office sources, as the trade talk inches into its fourth week:

• Minnesota is offering Indiana anyone on its roster not named Kevin Garnett in the hope of pairing Artest with KG. That's because the Wolves are as desperate as the Lakers to make a splashy move -- in their case to keep KG energized and confident in the club's direction -- and because they see KG and Artest (assuming Ron-Ron could actually be counted on) as a devastating combo.

If Artest wants to score more, as stated in his original trade demand, Garnett is unselfish enough to make that happen. And if Artest is ever going to defer to a teammate, KG also (theoretically) has the juice and presence to make that happen. The Wolves, though, have been trying to pull a third team into the mix to better their chances of assembling a package Indy likes.

• The Lakers are still pursuing every three- and four-team scenario they can concoct (without including Lamar Odom) in their desperation to put a certifiable All-Star talent next to Kobe Bryant.

Denver, meanwhile, has led the Artest pursuit from the start and remains equally determined to team the unpredictable defensive ace with Carmelo Anthony. I'm told that Anthony, in addition to urging his Nuggets bosses to make the deal, has also reached out to Artest to let him know how badly he wants the Tru Warier in the Mile High air. Coach George Karl, meanwhile, is said to be as hopeful as 'Melo that a deal materializes.

• Tru Warrior? Golden State might actually have more pieces to deal directly with Indiana than any active suitor ... barring a change of heart from Jerry West in Memphis and an 11th-hour willingness to part with Shane Battier.

The Warriors also have a GM known for dice-rolling; just go back to last February's trade deadline when Chris Mullin was willing to take on Baron Davis in spite of a contract and health history that scared many teams off.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2006, 03:29:52 PM »
and Artest considers Odom better than him...

Artest: No trade, no surprise[/u]
By Marc J. Spears and Adam Thompson
Denver Post Staff Writers 

While the Nuggets and several other teams have interest, Pacers forward Ron Artest said Saturday he wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't traded this season, and he doesn't consider himself an elite player.

Artest said he disagreed with a recent statement by Pacers president Larry Bird that he is a top 12 player. He also said the Pacers want a top 12 player in return for him. Artest was an all-star and the defensive player of the year in 2004, but he describes himself as a top 30 player, going so far as to rattle off a long list of players he regarded higher, including Gilbert Arenas, Peja Stojakovic, Elton Brand and Lamar Odom.

"I'm not a top 12 guy. I'm a top 30 guy," Artest said.

"Don't get it mistaken. I can compete and dominate my competition. I'm not a top 12 guy. But I don't think they work as hard as I do. ...

"Hopefully, I can be there one day with hard work."

Artest is averaging 19.4 points and 4.9 rebounds this season, but has been suspended indefinitely after asking for a trade and hasn't played since Dec. 6. Indiana has been talking to several teams about a multiplayer deal.

"Melo is a good guy," Artest said. "He just plays ball. I've always had respect for him."

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »
I would like Artest in Minnesota, Garnett derserves it, I feel bad for him.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2006, 09:27:20 AM »
It won't happen with Sczerbiaks big salary...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
I would hate to see him traded to the Kings...But that's what it looks like it's gunna be, Peja for Artest...

Lets take a look at the Kings roster if the trade goes down...

PG Mike Bibby...Jason Hart/Ronnie Price
SG Bonzi Wells...Kevin Martin
SF Ron Artest...Fransisco Garcia/Corliss Williamson
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim...Kenny Thomas/Jamal Sampson
C Brad Miller...Brian Skinner

Damn, actually looks pretty promising...The Kings could possibly finally be a good team again.

Here's how the Pacers would look:

PG Jamaal Tinsley...Anthony Johnson/Eddie Gill
SG Stephen Jackson...Sarunas Jasikevicius/Fred Jones
SF Peja Stojakavic...Danny Granger
PF Jermaine O'Neal...Austin Croshere/Jonathan Bender
C Jeff Foster...David Harrison/Scot Pollard

Still looks like one of the strongest teams in the east to me...In my opinion, the trade would probably hurt Indiana in the long run, thought their team would still be great with Peja on it...What do ya'll think?

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2006, 03:57:17 PM »
Ron Artest for Peja? That's a steal for Sac even if Artest goes crazy. Peja is way on the downside of his career, plus he's always been a one dimensional player who chokes in the playoffs. I've never been a fan of Peja's game.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2006, 04:15:32 PM »
No deal -- Artest not heading to Kings
By TOM WITHERS, Associated Press Writer
January 24, 2006

CLEVELAND (AP) -- The Ron Artest trade to Sacramento is off.

The Pacers had reportedly agreed to deal the volatile forward to the Sacramento Kings for Peja Stojakovic, but Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said Tuesday night that it wasn't going to happen, after all.

"There is no trade right now and there may not be a trade," Carlisle said before Indiana played the Cavaliers in Cleveland. "There's nothing to talk about because there is no trade."

ESPN and The Indianapolis Star had reported earlier Tuesday that the deal was imminent, pending league approval.

"Anything involving speculation and 'what's up' can be saved for another time," Carlisle said. "If there is a trade at some point, you'll hear about it."

The deal would have ended a lengthy standoff between the Pacers and Artest, who was deactivated in December after requesting a trade and was suspended most of last season for his role in one of the worst brawls in U.S. sports history.

Sacramento officials and coach Rick Adelman would not comment before the team played at Philadelphia on Tuesday night, and Stojakovic was not at the arena with the team. He was listed on the active roster, however.

"He's got to be a little confused right now if they wanted to trade him," Kings forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim said of Stojakovic, who had traveled with the team but stayed behind at the hotel in Philadelphia.

Before the deal apparently broke down, Kings players were already talking about the trade as if it was a done deal.

"Peja will be missed," Kings forward Corliss Williamson said. "He's been in Sacramento for a lot of years, but life goes on in the NBA.

"We'll welcome Ron Artest with open arms and hope he'll be able to help us. You always hear about the situations he's been in and all the hype. Maybe this is the change he needs, to come into our system and flourish."

Instead, the Pacers are still looking for a place to send Artest.

AP Sports Writers Rob Maaddi in Philadelphia and Tom Withers in Cleveland contributed to this report.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqTqvLC3P6n7kPfNbagJxMM5nYcB?slug=ap-pacers-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns

i guess artest ain't headed to the Kingz after all....at least for now

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2006, 04:21:39 PM »
 :o
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »
Good...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2006, 10:53:38 PM »
It's the Kings!

"Kings President Geoff Petrie said Wednesday he's bringing Indiana's Ron Artest to Sacramento to give his faltering team `a new identity than what we've seen so far this year,'" reports the SACRAMENTO BEE. "`He can play three or four positions on both ends of the floor. He has a physical presence that impacts the game. He can win form both sides of the floor,' Petrie said of Artest in a question-and-answer session with reporters at Arco Arena, where the Kings' trade of Peja Stojakovic to the Pacers was officially announced."

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2304649
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 11:03:14 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »