Author Topic: A Modern Musical Masterpiece  (Read 528 times)

Don Breezio

Re: A Modern Musical Masterpiece
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 11:56:01 PM »
Uh, Noel Gallagher wasn't the voice of the 90's

I agree....and Oasis is my favorite band lol

but honestly i don't really think there was a voice of the 90's....the 90's was flooded with different sounds....If i had to pick a favorite singer from the 90's though it would definitely be Noel Gallagher

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »
id say that cobain was voice of 90s

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 10:24:39 AM »

i'll buy that arguement over Noel Gallagher.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2006, 11:31:01 AM »
I don't wear jewellery.

Now tell me something interesting about your good self.
I can tell you something about (GB)....shes a stright up and down hoe.real easy to get homie.....class!very little so dont wast to much time.just stick and move homie.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 11:51:27 AM »

I think he was talking about Britain.

Vedder would have been a much more significant voice if he wanted the spotlight. Maybe even more so than Cobain. Cobain loved the attention, he just pretended not to. If he really hated it he would have just followed Vedder and left the spotlight.

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »
When I said he was the voice I wasn't implying that he had the best singing voice from that decade, I meant more been able to sum up the way people are feeling and relate to your average man in a couple of lines.

Not a huge Nirvana fan so I wouldn't say Cobain was the voice of the 90's, to me there isn't anyone rivalling Noel Gallagher.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 07:13:49 AM »
i listened to the album yesterday.. its good, solid and consistent.. its a bit samey in places.. but thats their sound being consistent..

as for the other argument.. nirvana were early 90s, gallagher later.. damon albarn will be argued by some as being bigger than noel.. and can u really call noel a voice when his muppet brother was the singer?

p.s. i still rate babyshambles debut higher.. a shame the negative media coverage of pete turned some people away from it..

coola

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 08:06:18 AM »
could i hear that cigarette smoke song ?

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 08:47:20 AM »
i listened to the album yesterday.. its good, solid and consistent.. its a bit samey in places.. but thats their sound being consistent..

as for the other argument.. nirvana were early 90s, gallagher later.. damon albarn will be argued by some as being bigger than noel.. and can u really call noel a voice when his muppet brother was the singer?

p.s. i still rate babyshambles debut higher.. a shame the negative media coverage of pete turned some people away from it..

Read what I put in the post before yours. Noel wrote nearly every Oasis song (Little James and Meaning Of Soul are the only ones I think Liam has written). Damon Albarn is a talented man but in the 90's Blur could not compare with Oasis, Oasis were on a completely different level, probably not seen since The Beatles. You could argue Gorillaz may be better then Oasis now but no way was Albarn better then Noel Gallagher at the height of both their careers. And Liam, a muppet? Please explain.

To the fella who wanted Cigarette Smoke, you can find it here http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=114728

Check out Wavin Buy To The Train Or The Bus and Choo Choo too, they are good songs. I wouldn't bother with the rest.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 10:46:34 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since the Beatles? Now I'm not sure what goes on where you're from but no way was Oasis the biggest band since the Beatles at their height. There have been plenty of American and British bands bigger than Oasis in the years between '69 and '94 as far as world wide goes.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 12:50:20 PM »
LOL, at least you didnt say Trapped In The Closet.

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 09:34:19 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since the Beatles? Now I'm not sure what goes on where you're from but no way was Oasis the biggest band since the Beatles at their height. There have been plenty of American and British bands bigger than Oasis in the years between '69 and '94 as far as world wide goes.

Maybe in terms of record sales and fanbase but I'm talking about my opinion on how good the music is.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 07:04:59 AM »
yea, some of the 'new' versions of old songs on the album, im not feeling, like dancing shoes, i think the other version of it is sooooo much better, and i like the "video" version of i bet you look good on the dance floor

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 01:37:49 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean though I don't fully agree. The only song for me that has lost some of that original rawness is Mardy Bum. Maybe ACR to some degree. I think the rest of the songs are a lot tighter (not in a yo yo kinda way) from the demos.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 01:41:49 PM »
Oh yes, while I'm at it I'll give you a progress report. When The Sun Goes Down is set to go in at Number One, it is currently outselling its nearest rival Notorious BIG by the bucket load. ....Dancefloor is still in the charts after 2 months, it's at about number 15 and looks like it will rise by the end of the week.

Also, they did their first cover earlier today. A hilarious version of Girls Aloud 'Love Machine'.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=26FM78K5NKS7I2DA9YPIN7K3FD

Get it while its hot.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was