Author Topic: Does HipHop poison your mentality ?  (Read 279 times)

Tremor

• Lil Geezy
Does HipHop poison your mentality ?
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:23:55 PM »
I was wondering cause  sometimes i feel like doing shit i here in those rhymes,what about you

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Does HipHop poison your mentality ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:54:43 PM »
I was wondering cause  sometimes i feel like doing shit i here in those rhymes,what about you

yeah..makes me wanna dickslap these rappers.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »
taking threads from boxden, for shame  :grumpy:

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 12:50:20 AM »
Not at all. Only weak people let that get to them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 12:57:52 AM »
^^^ So Muthafuckin true

Its because of dumb muthafuckas like Colts4life hip hop gets a bad name
"it encourages violence blah blah blah"

go die

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 01:31:04 AM »
So does a movie and video game. The only thing that should affect you is your environment and the people who influence you. If some form of entertainment affects you more then you don't have a life.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 09:14:11 AM »
word

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 09:29:44 AM »
i dont think so..

but it definitely impacts the way you communicate with people.. my literacy at times is affected by listening to rap..

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »
It think it has negative effects on people but I don't think it's intentional and I don't think it's the music's fault. The hip hop style as a part of pop culture makes a lot of people dress in the hip hop fashion and that makes them look like and be treated like they are thugs, particularly if they use the hip hop slang which is more or less gangster slang. It may not turn people into gangsters but it makes them easy targets for gangsters. It also makes them look stupid when they are going for a job and they dress and talk like thugs. It has a terrible effect on girls who dance and dress more like the girls they see in the videos (of course Britney has a lot to do with that too). The hip hop culture in pop culture is a reflection of the gang culture in the streets and it makes a lot of things normal that weren't. When I started high school alt rock was on the way out and when I ended highschool hip hop had just become the norm. I noticed a large increase in "gangsta" actions, weed smoking, drinking, etc. Not by the thugs who would always act as such but by the "normal" kids who are just following suit and trying to be cool. Before it was the norm smoking weed, getting your dick sucked in the washroom while skipping class, stepping to a guy because he looked at you in a way you didn't like, rounding up a group of guys to jump someone or to defend you, etc, was something that was reserved for actual thugs who had always been thugs and only the odd good kid would fall in to that crowd. It ended up becoming a lot more common among "good" kids and I know a lot kids who grew up great but chose the thug side to be cool, and the thugs were always seen as rebels and cool, but they were also seen as wreckless and stupid at the same time. I've noticed that the emergence of "thug life" in pop culture made them less stupid to the masses. I came from the street side of things, but I had my limits, and I'm not just talking about black kids.

I think it's different than movies or video games because with hip hip the "gangsters" are seen as real, and become real role models. Al Pacino was nothing like Tony Montana and it was evident in his interviews. If 50 Cent and DMX before him, or Tupac before him regarded everything they do on TV or say in their songs as fiction and claim they are just playing a part (whether they are or not), then you would see oly fraction of the people looking up to them. Hip hop shouldn't be that big an influence, but unfortunately it is for a lot of kids (of course it isn't an influence for a lot of other kids).

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 12:45:11 AM »
i shot a cop last week

eurospakz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 02:21:18 AM »
i shot a cop last week

after listening to thug life?

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 02:43:47 AM »
I slaped the shit out of my bitch,after listen to Short-dogg.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

coola

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 06:55:20 AM »
a person will always become a product of their surroundings... dont matter how 'strong' you are. if you dont, then the surroundings will consume you, adaptation is a key to survival.

also depends what level you at, and how deep you take it... people screaming thug life and shootin cunts up, theyre the ones that immerse themselves in the shit, rap is all they have... it's like their bible.

if you live in the ghetto, then i think there is alot of hip-hop poisoning peoples minds. it's easier to say we are 'strong' because we dont have the same up-bringing, dont have the same surroundings, when if we were in a similar habitat, we would be just as prone and weak.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 07:50:17 AM »
i can relate to it, and think about some lyrics. But it wont make me do violence or something. Thats only for weak people like siko said : 8)

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

coola

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »
^ and youre an idiot, just like chief said.