Author Topic: Who's the King of L.A.?  (Read 833 times)

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Who's the King of L.A.?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2002, 04:52:04 AM »
Doc muthafucking DRE ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2002, 06:04:38 AM »
commercially, Snoop cuz he's everywhere and when people think of the west coast rap scene, they only think of the West Coast Monopoly (Snoop, Dre, Cube, Xzibit), which is pathetic.  The only way a west coast artist can blow up nowadays is if they are associated with the West Coast Monopoly or just release pop/rap records.  from a music standpoint, DJ Quik cuz his music has always been banging, I still bump "Quik is the name" once in a while.  Some can say Eazy-E and Cube are the Kings because they put West Coast rap on the map.  Pac can also be considered because for his time on Death Row, he brought attention back 2 the west.  Of course, a true west coast king would have to represent the Bay as well, and not everyone from the Bay might choose Snoop to be the king, especially since Snoop bit their slang and went on tv and said it was his own.  

All these people may claim the music part of King, but overall, as someone mentioned earlier:

Suge Knight. ain't nobody fuckin' with him.

Mota

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2002, 06:17:50 AM »
*a true west coast king would have to represent the Bay as well, and not everyone from the Bay might choose Snoop to be the king, especially since Snoop bit their slang and went on tv and said it was his own.*
You are ignorant:
1)The "izzle" thang comes from the jazz music,it's a slang used back in the days in the jazz scene,so....the bay area has not invented that kind of slang!  

*Pac can also be considered because for his time on Death Row*

2)His time on death row?He did 2 albums on death row,all eyez on me is one of his tightest album,but not the best.....
same thing for Makaveli.
Me against the world was and still his best album,a classic, and is previous works are tight too.

*commercially, Snoop cuz he's everywhere and when people think of the west coast rap scene, they only think of the West Coast Monopoly (Snoop, Dre, Cube, Xzibit), which is pathetic.*

Pathetic?Suge knight is the only one pathetic these days, always talkin about dre-snoop with nothing new from his label.....greatest hits,unreleased and shit like that.
Suge is a dumb ass ceo.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2002, 08:31:23 AM »
*a true west coast king would have to represent the Bay as well, and not everyone from the Bay might choose Snoop to be the king, especially since Snoop bit their slang and went on tv and said it was his own.*
You are ignorant:
1)The "izzle" thang comes from the jazz music,it's a slang used back in the days in the jazz scene,so....the bay area has not invented that kind of slang!  

*Pac can also be considered because for his time on Death Row*

2)His time on death row?He did 2 albums on death row,all eyez on me is one of his tightest album,but not the best.....
same thing for Makaveli.
Me against the world was and still his best album,a classic, and is previous works are tight too.

*commercially, Snoop cuz he's everywhere and when people think of the west coast rap scene, they only think of the West Coast Monopoly (Snoop, Dre, Cube, Xzibit), which is pathetic.*

Pathetic?Suge knight is the only one pathetic these days, always talkin about dre-snoop with nothing new from his label.....greatest hits,unreleased and shit like that.
Suge is a dumb ass ceo.

1. I wasn't talking about the izzle thing, I knew that.  He went on BET and said he created "Pleasebelieveit" as one word.  I also meant by that statement that the Bay and Sacramento area probably has other people in mind, such as E-40 or Brotha Lynch Hung, who've been in the game a long time and who haven't sold out or given a fuck about how much they sell, just as long as they make music for their fans, something Snoop hasn't done for a while.

2. before his time on Death Row, did u see Pac throwing up the dub in his videos of see him throwing the dubs up in pics before he went to death row?  When Pac was on Death Row, he represented not just Death Row, but LA as well, examples include "California Love" and "To Live and Die in L.A."

3. where in that part of the West Coast monopoly did I bring up Suge Knight?  once again, you misread what I said.  What I as going for was that it's pathetic that the only West Coast artists that can come up are ones who are down with Dre and Snoop.  Look at the East coast, you got people like Fabolous who just come out of nowhere and have a #1 video.  Ask yourself this, would Knoc-Turn'al's video be played on MTV everyday if he WASN'T down with Dre or Snoop?  would some of us have ever given a fuck about Hittman if he wasn't down with Dre?  The answer to that is no.  The West Coast Monopoly is holding back a shitload of talent from the west.  Shit, Snoop's holding back people from his own label.  His artists know that they won't sell shit on Doggystyle, which is why Tray Deee, Soopafly, and Goldie Loc have either released or about to release solo albums not on Doggystyle.

about Suge Knight, now that Suge is out of jail, don't expect to see any non-2pac old death Row material released ( infact, a lil bit of Pac news I might as well throw in, Crooked I's album is dropping before the new 2pac album).  Suge is a businessman, and some of u might not believe this, but he knows what the fuck he's doing.  Just to throw this in, what king of the West coast would be scared of someone supposedly lower than him?  

p.s., myrealname, learn how to use the fuckin quote button

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2002, 08:45:57 AM »

p.s., myrealname, learn how to use the fuckin quote button

Ive Told Him - I Even Gave Him A Step-By-Step Guide That Even A Retard Could Understand

Clearly Hes Beyond Retarded

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Nino_Brown

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2002, 10:28:58 AM »
You cannot say.....

But I would go with DJ Quik

2Real or Elvis?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2002, 12:29:41 PM »

1. I wasn't talking about the izzle thing, I knew that.  He went on BET and said he created "Pleasebelieveit" as one word.  I also meant by that statement that the Bay and Sacramento area probably has other people in mind, such as E-40 or Brotha Lynch Hung, who've been in the game a long time and who haven't sold out or given a fuck about how much they sell, just as long as they make music for their fans, something Snoop hasn't done for a while.

actually all those words e-40 and the whole bay area in general didn't coin ANY of thoe terms, my mom was saying all that shit in the 60's and 70's and they came from LA and Chicago snoop's just useing the words he grew up with same with e-40 who's full of shit saying he made up those words like 'feddyoka' and stuff, and e-40 makes probably the same quality music as snoop btw

2. before his time on Death Row, did u see Pac throwing up the dub in his videos of see him throwing the dubs up in pics before he went to death row?  When Pac was on Death Row, he represented not just Death Row, but LA as well, examples include "California Love" and "To Live and Die in L.A."

actually yes he was respresenting the west side on 2pacolypse now and stricktly for my niggaz, and in 94' was repping it STRONG on mtv footage BEFORE he went to the row, i'm not hating but that was a REAL ignorant statement that makes you look oblivious to pac's career

3. where in that part of the West Coast monopoly did I bring up Suge Knight?  once again, you misread what I said.  What I as going for was that it's pathetic that the only West Coast artists that can come up are ones who are down with Dre and Snoop.  Look at the East coast, you got people like Fabolous who just come out of nowhere and have a #1 video.  Ask yourself this, would Knoc-Turn'al's video be played on MTV everyday if he WASN'T down with Dre or Snoop?  would some of us have ever given a fuck about Hittman if he wasn't down with Dre?  The answer to that is no.  The West Coast Monopoly is holding back a shitload of talent from the west.  Shit, Snoop's holding back people from his own label.  His artists know that they won't sell shit on Doggystyle, which is why Tray Deee, Soopafly, and Goldie Loc have either released or about to release solo albums not on Doggystyle.

you just contradicted youself saying the only way somone on the west can blow up is by getting with dre and snoop , then saying that their holding people back. ok wtf....i'm sorry if you hate that but the reason why this is so is becuase the 'monopoly' is the ony ones moving forward and creating new shit, instead of using old formulas like every other artist on the west....people don't wanna hear tired gangsta rap no more....they need artistical direction.....and as for tray dee and goldie and soopafly releasing other albums.....those are albums made BEFORE dogghouse that snoop doesn't want to release...and all 3 are working on dogghouse solo projects....quit hating and stoping seeing crooked and acting oblivious

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

maddskilzz9

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2002, 12:33:40 PM »

I never said it wasn't part of the South Central area.

but u said comptons not L.A....south central LA is the "southern part" of LA

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2002, 12:51:18 PM »

but u said comptons not L.A....south central LA is the "southern part" of LA

Compton in essence is it's own city. When you drive into Compton it says welcome to the city of Compton not Los Angeles. Same with Long Beach, Inglewood, Carson, and Lakewood. It isn't part of downtown L.A. which is considered the "real" Los Angeles. Compton is it's own district/city in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.

Big FC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im really fucking random.. and too swift on my toes to get caught up with you hoes..
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2002, 01:14:00 PM »
Brotha Lynch... king of something... i'm not sure what but damn hes tight as fucc..
I ain't a killer but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy - Makaveli, RIP
And when we making n*gga shit always makin a killin, i be hearin you bitches there go the villain.. - MC Ren

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2002, 08:05:52 PM »
about the whole compton issue

compton is really a city unto itself, but is apart of LA too

it's like this ,California is apart of the USA but it's a state  unto itself

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09