Author Topic: Shaq & Kobe  (Read 1505 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Shaq & Kobe
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2006, 10:15:48 PM »
I def agree that Jordan and Pippen was way more lopsided.  EVERYBODY that played with Jordan was a lot better.  Pippen was great, but nowhere near where he was when he was with Jordan.

Lakers at their best level (during the 01 playoffs) >>>> any Bulls team

Didn't the Bulls go 70-12 in 96? Those numbers speak for themselves.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 12:00:10 AM »
Jordan/Pippen>>Magic/Kareem>>Shaq/Kobe.

I HIGHLY disagree...

thats cool, but theres absolutely NO way you can put Kobe/Shaq above Jordan/Pippen or Magic/Kareem. I mean cmon man. I dont know if you were old enough to actually watch Kareem/Magic, or really understand basketball when Jordan/Pippen were runnin together. But Shaq and Kobe's chemistry was NOTHING compared to those guys. This isnt about who the individual, but about who were the best "duos". You never saw these kind of problems between Jordan and Pippen or Magic and Kareem that would cause them to not be able to play together. Kobe/Shaq, not even close to the other two. As for having Jordan/Pippen above Magic/Kareem, thats close. Jordan is unarguably the greatest player ever. But Magic and Kareem are both probably in the top 5 or so. Pippen, i wouldnt place him in the top ten ever really. But, look at how good those Bulls teams were, and they had FAR less talent surrounding those two then Magic and Kareem ever had. I mean, through their runs of 6 championships...the 3rd best player they ever really had was Rodman, and they didnt have him the whole time. They had players like Luc Longley,Bill Wennington, BJ Armstrong, etc...etc. All of whom disappeared into nothingness when Jordan and Pippen were gone.

3Peat Kobe & Shaq (1999-2002) had AMAZING chemistry on the court. They were unstoppable, I don't think Jordan & Pippen woulda' been able to stop them. In my opinion, the 3Peat Kobe & Shaq is the greatest duo in NBA history...That's my opinion, it's fine if you don't agree, but there IS logic behind it...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2006, 12:06:26 AM »

So what, the Lakers went 67-15 in 2000 and swept the western conference playoffs in 2001 (which has never been done)...It's purely opinion, as long as it's not some bogus "LeBron is better than Kobe" shit...PeACe

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

So what, the Lakers went 67-15 in 2000 and swept the western conference playoffs in 2001 (which has never been done)...It's purely opinion, as long as it's not some bogus "LeBron is better than Kobe" shit...PeACe

he is tho  :P
NO MORE WAR

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 06:43:16 PM »

he is tho  :P

VV LMAO! VV

"I said it so many times, I think that Kobe is the best player in the league because of everything he can do."

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 08:00:14 PM »
damn i miss those days, too bad kobe fucked it up

rik

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »
damn i miss those days, too bad kobe fucked it up
I do miss those days. But u can't just blame Kobe if you're gonna blame anyone it's gotta be both of them.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 08:43:37 PM »
How can you blame it on Shaq? If Kobe wouldn't have been going around raping bitches, (No, I do not believe he really raped her) Shaq would probably still be in LA. Kobe tried to justify what he did by basically saying "Everybody else does it, even Shaq." Then next thing you know Mitch says they would never trade Kobe, but they would trade Shaq. How would you react if you were in Shaq's shoes? I have no respect for Kobe after he tried to bring Shaq down with him after he got caught cheating. I'm a Laker fan, but I am also a fan of Shaq still.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 11:23:58 PM »
How can you blame it on Shaq? If Kobe wouldn't have been going around raping bitches, (No, I do not believe he really raped her) Shaq would probably still be in LA. Kobe tried to justify what he did by basically saying "Everybody else does it, even Shaq." Then next thing you know Mitch says they would never trade Kobe, but they would trade Shaq. How would you react if you were in Shaq's shoes? I have no respect for Kobe after he tried to bring Shaq down with him after he got caught cheating. I'm a Laker fan, but I am also a fan of Shaq still.

LMAO...That wasn't revealed till after Shaq was traded. Excuses excuses...It comes down to Shaq wanting an EXTREME contract extension, which he didn't get. He requested a trade, that's all there is to it...Mitch wouldn't have had money for Kobe with Shaq's out-of-shape greedy demands...They chose Kobe over Shaq, who wouldn't? Shaq was being a little bitch, he turned on LA on HIS OWN, no one made him do that...Fuck Shaq and fuck anyone who believes Kobe is responsible for Shaq's actions... ::)

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2006, 03:28:20 AM »
LMAO^^^ when Kobe said that, u can believe shaq heard about damn near straight away.

[img]

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 04:17:43 AM »
To be honest I don't give a fuck about who's responsible, the only thing I know is that one player got love for the Lakers Jersey AND is a professional whereas the other cries for money and he's not in condition during 75% of the regular season and then claim he's a team leader.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 06:54:37 AM »
LMAO^^^ when Kobe said that, u can believe shaq heard about damn near straight away.

So did his wife and kids.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2006, 09:18:12 AM »
I def agree that Jordan and Pippen was way more lopsided.  EVERYBODY that played with Jordan was a lot better.  Pippen was great, but nowhere near where he was when he was with Jordan.

it was 72 - 10 they lost there last regular season game. or esle it would have been 73 - 9 damn in the single digit loses.... but that 01 laker team being better than any bulls team is just wrong....

wcsoldier

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 09:23:30 AM »

it was 72 - 10 they lost there last regular season game. or esle it would have been 73 - 9 damn in the single digit loses.... but that 01 laker team being better than any bulls team is just wrong....
Jordan>>> Kobe but it would have been a tough matchup anyways. Tell me who would have D on Shaq , Luc Longley  ::)

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2006, 09:43:20 AM »

Jordan>>> Kobe but it would have been a tough matchup anyways. Tell me who would have D on Shaq , Luc Longley  ::)
tell me who would play D on Jordan , Kobe  ::)