Author Topic: Shaq & Kobe  (Read 1506 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Shaq & Kobe
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2006, 09:47:09 AM »
I def agree that Jordan and Pippen was way more lopsided.  EVERYBODY that played with Jordan was a lot better.  Pippen was great, but nowhere near where he was when he was with Jordan.

Lakers at their best level (during the 01 playoffs) >>>> any Bulls team

Didn't the Bulls go 70-12 in 96? Those numbers speak for themselves.

it was 72 - 10 they lost there last regular season game. or esle it would have been 73 - 9 damn in the single digit loses.... but that 01 laker team being better than any bulls team is just wrong....
Jordan>>> Kobe but it would have been a tough matchup anyways. Tell me who would have D on Shaq , Luc Longley  ::)
tell me who would play D on Jordan , Kobe  ::)
Kobe is the best perimeter defender  AFTER Artest and Bowen, you can't deny a MJ-Kobe matchup is more balanced than a Shaq-Longley one

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2006, 10:07:01 AM »
I def agree that Jordan and Pippen was way more lopsided.  EVERYBODY that played with Jordan was a lot better.  Pippen was great, but nowhere near where he was when he was with Jordan.

it was 72 - 10 they lost there last regular season game. or esle it would have been 73 - 9 damn in the single digit loses.... but that 01 laker team being better than any bulls team is just wrong....
Jordan>>> Kobe but it would have been a tough matchup anyways. Tell me who would have D on Shaq , Luc Longley  ::)

LMAO! You mean to tell me that you don't think Kobe vs. Jordan would be an excellent match-up? You think Kobe would just fold and lose all composure or something? This is 5 time all-defensive first team Kobe we're talking about...Please make logical comments. There's a difference between a Shaq-Luc Longley match-up and a Kobe-Jordan match-up...Your comments are idiotic.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2006, 10:25:54 AM »

LMAO! You mean to tell me that you don't think Kobe vs. Jordan would be an excellent match-up? You think Kobe would just fold and lose all composure or something? This is 5 time all-defensive first team Kobe we're talking about...Please make logical comments. There's a difference between a Shaq-Luc Longley match-up and a Kobe-Jordan match-up...Your comments are idiotic.
lol ... relax homie ....i know the shaq luc comparison is more lobsided than kobe jordan... but jordan is and always will be the better player between him and kobe.... and theres no doubt about that... so you please stop making idiotic comments like kobe is the greatest player to walk this earth... he is an amazing player and will be remembered as one of the greats... but just not in that league of the Jordans, Birds, Johnsons, kareems, ...etc...etc..

and that comment i made was just ment to spark shit up...lol but jordan is unstopable im not talkin when kobe and jordan met im talkin about prime jordan.... i would feel sorry for kobe....

wcsoldier

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »

That's why I'm talking about, these haters don't know what Kobe has already achieved. I guess they just heard Barkley comments or read Sport Illustrated (in which Kobe wasn't mentionned as potential MVP when T. Parker (YEP YOU READ RIGHT !!!!) was  ::)

wcsoldier

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »

lol ... relax homie ....i know the shaq luc comparison is more lobsided than kobe jordan... but jordan is and always will be the better player between him and kobe.... and theres no doubt about that... so you please stop making idiotic comments like kobe is the greatest player to walk this earth... he is an amazing player and will be remembered as one of the greats... but just not in that league of the Jordans, Birds, Johnsons, kareems, ...etc...etc..

and that comment i made was just ment to spark shit up...lol but jordan is unstopable im not talkin when kobe and jordan met im talkin about prime jordan.... i would feel sorry for kobe....
Kobe is the only player to average 34pts or more (with Jordan and another player now a Heat assistant) in the last 30 years , I think "unstoppable " can be used for him too

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2006, 10:52:05 AM »

Kobe is the only player to average 34pts or more (with Jordan and another player now a Heat assistant) in the last 30 years , I think "unstoppable " can be used for him too
i agree.. he is unstopable

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »

LOLOLOLOL...Yea, that's what marketing has made you believe. I'm not denying that Jordan is the greatest player to walk the earth, but the fact that you said Kobe is not in the same league as Larry Bird is mind-boggling. In fact, I feel sorry for the way the media has brainwashed you. Kobe would easily keep up with Jordan (in his prime). Maybe Jordan would be great and drop 50 on him, but Kobe would hold his, I know for a fact...You act like Kobe isn't one of the best perimiter defenders EVER, you act like Kobe isn't known as one of the greatests, you act like a Jordan-Kobe match-up wouldn't be one of the bests we have seen...You say Jordan is and ALWAYS will be the better player...How the fuck do you know that? That just tells me it's what you WANT to see...What if Kobe wins 5 more rings, averaging 35 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals...Would Jordan still be better?...The fact is that Kobe has amazing ability, ability that people haven't seen since Jordan...To deny a Kobe-Jordan match-up would be not only a great match-up, but an even one is nothing more than a joke...EJRizo, I know you're in love with Jordan and all, but lets be realistic here. Though Jordan has become the NBA God (what do you expect, he came into the league when marketing was getting its jump-start and took over the industry), there is no doubt in anyones mind that Kobe has been the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan...The fact that you can't see that is no one elses problem. Don't ever doubt greatness...PeACe

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »

LOLOLOLOL...Yea, that's what marketing has made you believe. I'm not denying that Jordan is the greatest player to walk the earth, but the fact that you said Kobe is not in the same league as Larry Bird is mind-boggling. In fact, I feel sorry for the way the media has brainwashed you. Kobe would easily keep up with Jordan (in his prime). Maybe Jordan would be great and drop 50 on him, but Kobe would hold his, I know for a fact...You act like Kobe isn't one of the best perimiter defenders EVER, you act like Kobe isn't known as one of the greatests, you act like a Jordan-Kobe match-up wouldn't be one of the bests we have seen...You say Jordan is and ALWAYS will be the better player...How the fuck do you know that? That just tells me it's what you WANT to see...What if Kobe wins 5 more rings, averaging 35 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals...Would Jordan still be better?...The fact is that Kobe has amazing ability, ability that people haven't seen since Jordan...To deny a Kobe-Jordan match-up would be not only a great match-up, but an even one is nothing more than a joke...EJRizo, I know you're in love with Jordan and all, but lets be realistic here. Though Jordan has become the NBA God (what do you expect, he came into the league when marketing was getting its jump-start and took over the industry), there is no doubt in anyones mind that Kobe has been the closest thing to Jordan since Jordan...The fact that you can't see that is no one elses problem. Don't ever doubt greatness...PeACe

never said he wasnt the closest... i believe that he is amazing.... and myabe that comment about not being in the same league was dumb or whatever but i just dont ever see him being a better player he hasnt showed it yet and i doubt he will he needs to change his ways before he does.... he needs to get some of these rings as the leader of this team too ....which i sure hope he does....but only time will tell... but the whole jordan will and always be the greatest .... its just that i dont every believe there would be someone better..... tooo hard to imagine let alone see... if i ever saw that then i would be amazed...  :o but all these things are just a matter of opinions.... but all i know is that kobe is great but jordan is greater!...lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »

never said he wasnt the closest... i believe that he is amazing.... and myabe that comment about not being in the same league was dumb or whatever but i just dont ever see him being a better player he hasnt showed it yet and i doubt he will he needs to change his ways before he does.... he needs to get some of these rings as the leader of this team too ....which i sure hope he does....but only time will tell... but the whole jordan will and always be the greatest .... its just that i dont every believe there would be someone better..... tooo hard to imagine let alone see... if i ever saw that then i would be amazed...  :o but all these things are just a matter of opinions.... but all i know is that kobe is great but jordan is greater!...lol

Yea, I definitely respect that you think Jordan is greater, shit, he probably is the greatest (as of now)...But to say that Kobe and Jordan wouldn't match-up nicely isn't really logical. I think Luc would have a little more trouble with Shaq, especially Shaq in his prime...PeACe

rik

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2006, 11:35:55 AM »
LMAO^^^ when Kobe said that, u can believe shaq heard about damn near straight away.
How do u know were u there?

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2006, 02:34:39 PM »
Jordan and Pippen were much better.  If they had a feud they never let the media in on it.  They handled it like men, not all this Hollywood who can get the media on their side bitch ass shit.  The media needs to shut the fuck about Shaq and Kobe and let them play the damn game that they are paid to play.  Shaq and Kobe need to stop running their mouths too!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2006, 02:45:50 PM »
Jordan and Pippen were much better.  If they had a feud they never let the media in on it.  They handled it like men, not all this Hollywood who can get the media on their side bitch ass shit.  The media needs to shut the fuck about Shaq and Kobe and let them play the damn game that they are paid to play.  Shaq and Kobe need to stop running their mouths too!

That's because the media loves blowing shit out of proportion nowadays and making feuds seem bigger than they really are...Kobe and Shaq's chemistry on the court was excellent, they actually got along for a good portion of the 3peat era...That's when they were at their greatest together, when NO ONE could stop them. Remember, Jordan and Pippen were said to hate eachother at some point, and who'll really know? The media just didn't exploit it as much as they do today...

grasshiphopper

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2006, 02:47:32 PM »
can we all just blame it on Mitch Kupchek?