Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65992 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »
^ Whut?!
iPhone without 3G?!

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
^ Whut?!
iPhone without 3G?!

Didnīt you know?
I posted the specs for Iphone in one of the above threads.

Nah, I guess I didn't read it all lol..

Anyway, that's straight up wack

kemizt

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
^ Whut?!
iPhone without 3G?!

Didnīt you know?

do you even live in a an area with 3G service?

likely that if you are in the states thats a no... so thats the reasoning behind it besides extending battery life

Al Bundy

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »
for those of you interested apple dropped the price to $399 on the 8gb iPhone...

and yes im fuckin PISSED!  >:(

i was a $200 Beta Tester...

rant over...

i still love my iphone... just should have waited 2 months

apple screwed over the early adopters...

oh shit iphone for 399? i might just pick one up then!

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2007, 05:01:48 PM »
RAIDe the phone i posted was the W580i, it has just come out over here. currently on o2 and orange. however, the orange version aint available yet so i cant upgrade my contract... walkman>>>>>ipod!!!

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »
America are so behind with mobile phones. Japan and korea comes first then Europe is second.
   The iphone isn't even getting sold in asia because already there are phones that can beat it. Like a samsung phone with a 10mega pixel camera and stream live tv etc...

Atleast in europe we have HSPDA. I don't see that on 99% of the mobiles in America.

The iphone died before it was even released. Just wait for the f700. That'll shit all over the iphone.

CORRECTION; 5 Mega Pixels
Samsung F700
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_283G1vuKk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B_283G1vuKk</a>

Apple iPhone                                       Samsung F700
Screen Resolution       480x320 at 3.5-inches                               440x240 at 2.78-inches
Touchscreen               Yes, With Multitouch                                Yes, With Drag and Drop
Connectivity   Quad-Band GSM,EDGE,802.11b/g,Bluetooth 2.0        Tri-band GSM, HSDPA, EDGE
Camera                        2-megapixel                                        5-megapixel with Auto-Focus
Keyboard                 Touchscreen/onscreen                              Slide-out qwerty with VibeTonz
Email                                 HTML Email                                     Unknkown (probably not HTML)
Browser                   Full HTML Browser                                     Full HTML Browser
Codec Support     Standard iPod Support                  MPEG4, H.263, H.264, Real MP3, AAC+, eAAC+, Real
Storage                        4-8GB                                  Unknown onboard + microSD expansion

So it seems like although Samsung's F700 has more megapixels, a little bit more format support, an actual keyboard, and 3G connectivity, the iPhone has it beat on screen size/resolution, HTML Email, storage, widgets, google maps, and push email. Plus, of course, the whole built-in iPod thing.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/apple-iphone-vs-samsung-f700-which-is-touchscreenier-235112.php

Forget that Samsung,HTC P4550 is the one if you want a phone like that

HTC P4550

http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/PDA/HTC/HTC_P4550.html
•   Operating System: Windows Mobile 6 Professional
•   Processor: 400MHz
•   Memory: 128MB RAM, 256MB ROM
•   Screen: 2.8" QVGA touch screen
•   Quad-band GSM/GPRS
•   UMTS, HSDPA wireless data connectivity
•   WiFi-enabled
•   Bluetooth 2.0
•   3 MegaPixel Camera with Auto Focus
•   Integrated GPS
•   Secondary VGA camera for video telephony
•   Rechargeable, removable battery
•   microSD card slot
•   Full QWERTY keyboard
•   Dimensions: 110mm x 58mm x 18mm

Dimensions:   58 x 110 x 18 millimetres
Mass:   160 grams (battery included)
Software Environment
Operating System:   Windows Mobile 6 Professional
Microprocessor
CPU:   32bit Samsung SC32442
CPU Clock:   400 MHz
Memory, Storage capacity
ROM capacity:   256 MB
RAM capacity:   64 MB
Display
Display Type:   color transflective TFT , 65536 scales
Display Resolution:   240 x 320
Display Diagonal:   2.8 "
Sound
Microphone:   mono
Speaker:   mono
Audio Output:   Proprietary jack
Cellular Phone
Cellular Networks:   GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS800, UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100
Cellular Data Standards:   CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA
Call Alert:   72 -chord melody
Vibrating Alert:   Supported
Control Peripherals
Positioning Device:   Touchscreen
Keyboard:   Slide-out QWERTY-type keyboard, 41 keys
Directional Pad:   5 -way block
Jog / Scroll Wheel:   Pressable rotary scroll wheel
Interfaces
Expansion Slots:   SDIO, microSD, TransFlash
Serial:   RS-232 , 115200bit/s
USB:   USB 2.0 client, 60Mbit/s , USB Series Mini-B (mini-USB) connector
Bluetooth:   Bluetooth 2.0
Wireless LAN:   802.11b, 802.11g
Satellite Navigation
Built-in GPS:   NMEA 0183
Built-in Digital Camera
Main Camera:   CMOS sensor, 2.8MP
Autofocus (AF):   Supported
Built-in Flash:   Mobile light (LED)
Secondary Camera:   CMOS sensor, 640x480 pixel
Power Supply
Battery:   Lithium-ion , removable
Battery Capacity:   1500 mAh
HTC P4550 (Kaiser) Demonstration by eXpansys
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P41hoK-jX3I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P41hoK-jX3I</a>

HTC P4550 is dope as fuck! price?  ???

HTC P4550 Kaiser Unlocked GSM PDA HTC TyTN II - Popular ElectronicsHTC P4550 Kaiser Unlocked Quad Band GSM PDA Cell Phone, HTC P4550 Kaiser ... Item #: P4550 Kaiser. Price: $798.99. Availability: Monday 10 September, 2007 ...
www.popularelect.com/product_info.php?products_id=437

800$ shit!

props for the info +1

Letīs say you get what you pay for,I specified the features that "kill" other phoneīs.
Full specs in a Above post.
Operating System:   Windows Mobile 6 Professional    Powerfull OS with LOTS of 3rd party applications
CPU Clock:   400 MHz   IMPORTANT!!!!! Makes the navigation FAST
Memory, Storage capacity
ROM capacity:   256 MB
RAM capacity:   64 MB
Audio Output:   Proprietary jack   Use your regular headphones,not those fucks that usually comes with phone
Expansion Slots:   SDIO, microSD, TransFlash  Cheap expandable memory cards
Wireless LAN:   802.11b, 802.11g  A MUST!
Satellite Navigation   Dope feature,comes with Tom Tom software in the package
Built-in GPS:   NMEA 0183
Main Camera:   CMOS sensor, 2.8MP You donīt really need any more than this,do you?
Autofocus (AF):   Supported   Important!
Battery Capacity:   1500 mAh   Yes,a strong battery is must. 1500 mAh should do the job
HTC P4550 (Kaiser) Demonstration by eXpansys
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P41hoK-jX3I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P41hoK-jX3I</a>

for those of you interested apple dropped the price to $399 on the 8gb iPhone...

and yes im fuckin PISSED!  >:(

i was a $200 Beta Tester...

rant over...

i still love my iphone... just should have waited 2 months

apple screwed over the early adopters...

Ha,Ha,,,,, thatīs nothing. I paid 1000$ for my N95,beat that.

Iīm sure the price has dropped mad for mine also,since theyīre dropping the new N95i with 8GBin acouple of months.

Iīll wait for Iphone "2",Iīm sure Apple will add GPS,3G and whatever itīs "missing" now.

^ Whut?!
iPhone without 3G?!

Didnīt you know?

likely that if you are in the states thats a no... so thats the reasoning behind it besides extending battery life

True,but it will come around,EDGE ainīt that bad.
For me itīs the whole package thatīs Iphone is missing.
But hey,E.J Rizo has made it CLEAR intergration is the main feature for him.
Itīs a give and take sitiation,either a phone with an easy UI that works well with your other gadgets or full feature phone with a "difficult" UI that you have to have to have 3rd party software to interact with your other gadgets.
Take your pick.
So if I was a Windows user I would get a phone with Windows Mobile. Touch or the P4550 is some Windows dope phones,but Samsung,Motorola etc. also have a couple of phoneīs with Windows Mobile.

RAIDe the phone i posted was the W580i, it has just come out over here. currently on o2 and orange. however, the orange version aint available yet so i cant upgrade my contract... walkman>>>>>ipod!!!

Ok,cool. Some of the phoneīs look the same,had to warn you,anyways itīs good to know which phoneīs to stay off,the worst phone seems to be N76.
...and Iīm with you about;
walkman>>>>>ipod/MP3 players!!!
Hell they just released 4GB for about 50$,32GB memory cards  is on the way.
I was going to get a 4GB for my N95,but my phone donīt support it yet(maybe with a software update(?)),so Iīm stuck with 2GB,itīs all good but I have to delete a couple of albums every now and then. Why have a hundred gadgets when you can have them all in one unit? I carry a extra battery thatīs all.

LG KU990

Brand    LG
Type    KU990 Viewty
Form factor    Candybar
Color    Black
Network
Phone Network    EDGE, GPRS, GSM, HSDPA (3G)
Service    850, 900, 1800, 1900
Connectivity
Bluetooth    v1.2 with A2DP
Infrared    No
Wi-Fi (WLAN)    No
USB    2.0
Fax / Data    No
Display
Main display    Color TFT touchscreen
Color display    262.144 colors
Dimensions    N/A
Resolution    240x400 pixels
External display    No
Memory
Internal memory    120MB
External memory    2GB
Memory slots    1
Storage types    MicroSD
Basic
Battery    Lithium Ion 1050 mAh
Standby time    340 hours
Talk time    3 hours
Calling
Vibrate alert    Yes
Photo ID    Yes
Ringtones    MP3, Polyfone
Camera
Camera    Yes
Megapixels    5 megapixels
Maximum photo resolution    2592x1944 pixels
Digital zoom    16x
Optical zoom    No
Auto focus    Yes
Flash    Yes
Recording video    Yes
Second (front) camera    Yes
Messaging
SMS    Yes
MMS    Yes
T9 text function    Yes
E-mail    Yes
Internet browsing    Yes
Entertainment
FM radio    Yes
Java    Yes
Audio player    AAC, eAAC, MP3, WMA
Video player    3GP, MPEG4
Features
Add ringtones    Yes
Organiser    Calculator, Calendar, Reminders
Video call    Yes
Other features    Built-in handsfree, Image Stabilizer
Format
Weight    4 oz.
Dimensions (H x W x D)    4.1x2.1x0.6 in.
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular/1116/lgku990viewty/
LG KU990 video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6qhh_lC7pAo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6qhh_lC7pAo</a>

Some sites said it runs Windows Mobile 6,but the site where I found the full specs of this phone donīt mention anything about the OS.

I found this IMAGE of a "coming" Sony Ericsson,could be fake. If not theyīre also trying to make a Iphone clone

This is a new Sony PS3 mobile phone...that plays Nintendo's Super Mario Bros...and which uses Microsoft's PS3 operating system - no, wait, that's not right. Hang on it's made in Koera - where the hell's Koera?!

Yes, what we have here is the mother of all clone phones. It's a Chinese phone (naturally!), and its makers have decided that imitation is most definitely the sincerest form of flattery. As such, they've named it the Amycoll PS3 phone, which, er, "flatters" both Samsung, with its Korean Anycall brand, and also Sony, with its PS3. They've even added PlayStation buttons on the keypad, just for good measure!

Loads more pictures of the funniest mobile phone yet created, after the jump!

The copying fun doesn't end there, though. As Babelfish's translation calls it, the "Chinese evil behind-the-scenes manipulator's machine" has a Microsoft Windows logo that reads "Design for PS3". Didn't realise Microsoft did design for Sony's PS3! Not to worry, its entire Microsoft Windows user interface is faked as well!

As if that wasn't enough, they've even faked the country of origin. Korean phones are legendary for their technical features, so it makes sense to pretend your phone comes from Korea right?
Except they couldn't actually spell Korea, so the Amycoll PS3 comes from Koera!
:raisetheroof:

And still the fun continues. Not content with faking operating systems and copying brands and even countries (badly!) the Amycoll PS3 even includes a Nintendo NES, SNES and GameBoy color emulator, so you can play Super Mario Bros on your mobile phone.

Actually, that's a great idea! Playing Mario on a mobile is a killer app, and doing it with PlayStation buttons on a fake Windows Operating System is just so wrong, it feels goooood - almost dirty even!! Pity the phone's so illegal it'll never make it outiside of China (not to mention that the phone itself gets so hot when you play any of its games that you can't actually hold it!).
Another interesting feature is that this phone will play background noise when you make a call, just in case you want to pretend you're somewhere else. So, if you've told your wife you're on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, when in reality you're down the local pub, the Amycoll PS3 will play the sounds of life aboard an Atlantic-trawling ship while you chat away to her! Really, they've thought of everything!

This phone is hilarious!
It's as if a team of teccie fan-boys got together one drunken night and concocted a wish list of all their favourite gadgets that they'd like in a mobile phone  :cheers:- then the next day, thought "what a great idea" and bodged just such a Frankenstein phone together, while singing "patents? trademarks? law-suits - pah! We spit on you all!"

Then, when they'd finished, their marketing department thought "what this phone really needs is some great sounding brand names - whose can we pinch?!"

Genius!

WOW,check this phone out,it got it all,ha,ha.
For more photos and details;
http://mobilementalism.com/2007/05/24/amycoll-ps3-phone-plays-mario-on-a-fake-windows-ui/

LMAO +1 the phone looks crappy as hell lol those damn chineese!

Yeah,but you got to admit that phone got "everything".

Hereīs another crazy phone.
Japan Only
Feast your eyes on these pics of a brand new Sony Ericsson BRAVIA phone. The phone in question is the Sony Ericsson SO903iTV, and is a beast of a phone! Not only does it support mobile TV, it features Sony's Mobile BRAVIA engine for an enhanced TV picture on a mobile device, and a huge 3" WQVGA (240 x 432 pixels) TFT screen.

Even more impressive, it's not just any TV display you get with the SO903iTV - it's a full 16:9 widescreen display.

More photoīs and details;
http://mobilementalism.com/2007/07/23/pictures-of-sony-ericsson-bravia-phone/
ドコモ端末にデータ消失の可能性 販売停止 Video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0Mp9yGwnEQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F0Mp9yGwnEQ</a>

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:55:00 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

SGV

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »
Yup! The iPhone just dropped in price today! They're discontinuing the 4GB version too. I work at AT&T so we are issuing credits to anyone who bought the phone within the last 14 days.

We also got the Razr2 in today... Shit looks wack as fuck! And it's crazy expensive. 319.99 on a two year contract. That's more than the 4GB iPhone now. And it's barely 70 bucks cheaper than the 8GB iPhone. Sure it runs on HSDPA, but it's not a fully functional network yet. By the end of the year it will be though and probably by then the Razr2 will drop in price. But the iPhone dropping 2 bills is huge!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2007, 04:20:16 AM »
^ Whut?!
iPhone without 3G?!

Didnīt you know?

Yeah, We got good cover for 3G here in Norway. I've disabled my 3G, though. Battery life, yes ;D

kemizt

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
Ok,cool. Some of the phoneīs look the same,had to warn you,anyways itīs good to know which phoneīs to stay off,the worst phone seems to be N76.

you're right,that phone is not that good,my step mom got 1 like that and she's not happy with it! she used to have a n73 before and she said n73 is much better.

you must be happy with your n95! that phone is nice!

i want the bravaria looks fucking awsome!!!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »
thanks for the info,i'll tell my step mom to take back a n73(it's about the same price)those se phones are just off the hook!!! I think we can name you the official dubcc cell phone master guy :D

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
thanks for the info,i'll tell my step mom to take back a n73(it's about the same price)those se phones are just off the hook!!!
I think we can name you the official dubcc cell phone master guy :D

Ha,Ha
 :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:
You might want to wait for this one N82,same features as N95 but it comes as a bar phone

looks nice and it looks like my n73

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2007, 12:18:15 PM »
Why I'll Pass on the iPod Touch

Wed Sep 5, 2007 7:17PM EDT

Apple just announced the iPod Touch! Now we're talking, but what does this mean for the iPhone?
The main reason I was holding off on the iPhone was price. Now I'm an avid Apple fan, but first and foremost, I like to spend my money wisely. Despite a few gripes regarding the touch keypad, most of the reviews I've read about the iPhone are decent, nothing but praise. But again, price was definitely an obstacle for most, especially if they had to switch phone carriers. Somehow, opening your checkbook to pay early termination fees, $60 and up for an unlimited data plan, and over $500 for the device itself just hurt too much.

Today, I finally did it. I bought an iPhone.

Yes, I know I said I'd wait for the next generation, but I just couldn't resist the $200 price drop. Anyway, I'm taking my chances, because this may be the only chance at nabbing the-soon-to-be-obsolete 4GB model for under $300 (it's OK, I'm not proud). Now why would I buy an iPhone, when I could've waited for the $299 8GB iPod Touch, you ask? Here's my logic:

No Phone: The new iPod Touch may have more storage, but it doesn't have a phone. This means you still have to carry two devices: a phone and the iPod Touch. I don't know about you, but I'm not one to carry an iPod everywhere I go. That's why I say no thanks to the iPod Touch. I'll just stick to an iPhone and eliminate all the excess baggage.

No Camera: The 2-megapixel camera is gone.

No Bluetooth or EDGE: This means no bluetooth headphones, headset, or access to the Internet when you can't find a hotspot. Bummer.

Wi-Fi: Woohoo, it has Wi-Fi — but what's the use of having Wi-Fi if you can't always access a hotspot outside the house? Once you walk out the door, the only place you have free access to the Internet is at Starbucks to buy music.

Storage: Why, oh why on earth would you pay $299 for an 8GB iPod or $399 for 16GB? OK, so it's flash-based, has a multi-touch interface, a beautiful 3.5-inch display, and Wi-Fi capabilities, but the price just seems outrageous when the 160GB metal iPod Classic is only $349. Makes me wanna weep.

No New Features: The iPod Touch is just an iPhone without a phone. And why didn't they add new colors, FM radio, an expansion slot, or a microphone to give it VoIP capabilities? Even the Sony Mylo and Zune have some of these features. Why make it look and act like a PDA, yet leave out important things like a microphone.

The good news is we now have options. Options are great when you don't have to to decide between carriers, or find ways to unlock the iPhone without it blowing up in your face. The iPod Touch has great features, but doesn't compare to the iPhone. Now that the iPhone is cheaper, why not go for the one with the most features at the expense of storage? Besides, I already have plenty of storage for music on my four other iPods.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »
thanks for the info,i'll tell my step mom to take back a n73(it's about the same price)those se phones are just off the hook!!!

Ha,Ha
 :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:
You might want to wait for this one N82,same features as N95 but it comes as a bar phone

nice! i think im gonna change my phone for a n82! is the battery gonna be better on the n82 than the n95?

looks nice and it looks like my N73

The classic look canīt fail.
N73 is/was  a huge hit,to bad that Nokia released their "top dog feature phone(N95)" as a slider first.
As you probably know by now,Iīm a cell phone freak,so Iīm always looking for the next "top dog feature phone",thereīs a lot of choices out there. But itīs hard to beat the features on HTC P4550,N95/N82,E90,SE K850,SE W960 and SE Bravia.
Theyīre all dope ass phones,but Iīm a sucker for classic design,so N82 is one that Iīm really looking forward to check out.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »

you're right,that phone is not that good,my step mom got 1 like that and she's not happy with it! she used to have a n73 before and she said n73 is much better.

you must be happy with your n95! that phone is nice!

I want the bravaria looks fucking awsome!!!
Feast your eyes on these pics of a brand new Sony Ericsson BRAVIA phone. The phone in question is the Sony Ericsson SO903iTV, and is a beast of a phone! Not only does it support mobile TV, it features Sony's Mobile BRAVIA engine for an enhanced TV picture on a mobile device, and a huge 3" WQVGA (240 x 432 pixels) TFT screen.

Even more impressive, it's not just any TV display you get with the SO903iTV - it's a full 16:9 widescreen display.

More photoīs and details;
http://mobilementalism.com/2007/07/23/pictures-of-sony-ericsson-bravia-phone/
ドコモ端末にデータ消失の可能性 販売停止 Video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0Mp9yGwnEQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F0Mp9yGwnEQ</a>

N76 is pulled back from some markets,I think if your mom complain she might be able to swap it to another model.
The thing about N73 and most Symbian OS phoneīs theyīre damn ass slow.
The UI on N95 is pretty fast,but it crash all the time and the battery sucks. But the battery is very small and slim,so itīs no problem to carry a extra battery. I found a couple of free GPS applications,that works ok. Itīs simple JAVA applications so you can use them on any phone that supports JAVA(not Iphone). All you have to do is get a GPS reciever and connect it with blutooth. N95 got a build in GPS reciever,but the GPS antenna is not really any good so you have to have the phone in open modus to get any signals.
A small GPS reciever like this will do the job;

Free GPS JAVA application
http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php

Yes,the SE Bravia phone is sick.

They also got that SE Playstation phone coming up.

Another upcoming SE phone

Ha,Ha

looks nice and it looks like my N73

The classic look canīt fail.
N73 is/was  a huge hit,to bad that Nokia released their "top dog feature phone(N95)" as a slider first.
As you probably know by now,Iīm a cell phone freak,so Iīm always looking for the next "top dog feature phone",thereīs a lot of choices out there. But itīs hard to beat the features on HTC P4550,N95/N82,E90,SE K850,SE W960 and SE Bravia.
Theyīre all dope ass phones,but Iīm a sucker for classic design,so N82 is one that Iīm really looking forward to check out.

Why I'll Pass on the iPod Touch

Wed Sep 5, 2007 7:17PM EDT

Apple just announced the iPod Touch! Now we're talking, but what does this mean for the iPhone?
The main reason I was holding off on the iPhone was price. Now I'm an avid Apple fan, but first and foremost, I like to spend my money wisely. Despite a few gripes regarding the touch keypad, most of the reviews I've read about the iPhone are decent, nothing but praise. But again, price was definitely an obstacle for most, especially if they had to switch phone carriers. Somehow, opening your checkbook to pay early termination fees, $60 and up for an unlimited data plan, and over $500 for the device itself just hurt too much.

Today, I finally did it. I bought an iPhone.

Yes, I know I said I'd wait for the next generation, but I just couldn't resist the $200 price drop. Anyway, I'm taking my chances, because this may be the only chance at nabbing the-soon-to-be-obsolete 4GB model for under $300 (it's OK, I'm not proud). Now why would I buy an iPhone, when I could've waited for the $299 8GB iPod Touch, you ask? Here's my logic:

No Phone: The new iPod Touch may have more storage, but it doesn't have a phone. This means you still have to carry two devices: a phone and the iPod Touch. I don't know about you, but I'm not one to carry an iPod everywhere I go. That's why I say no thanks to the iPod Touch. I'll just stick to an iPhone and eliminate all the excess baggage.

No Camera: The 2-megapixel camera is gone.

No Bluetooth or EDGE: This means no bluetooth headphones, headset, or access to the Internet when you can't find a hotspot. Bummer.

Wi-Fi: Woohoo, it has Wi-Fi — but what's the use of having Wi-Fi if you can't always access a hotspot outside the house? Once you walk out the door, the only place you have free access to the Internet is at Starbucks to buy music.

Storage: Why, oh why on earth would you pay $299 for an 8GB iPod or $399 for 16GB? OK, so it's flash-based, has a multi-touch interface, a beautiful 3.5-inch display, and Wi-Fi capabilities, but the price just seems outrageous when the 160GB metal iPod Classic is only $349. Makes me wanna weep.

No New Features: The iPod Touch is just an iPhone without a phone. And why didn't they add new colors, FM radio, an expansion slot, or a microphone to give it VoIP capabilities? Even the Sony Mylo and Zune have some of these features. Why make it look and act like a PDA, yet leave out important things like a microphone.

The good news is we now have options. Options are great when you don't have to to decide between carriers, or find ways to unlock the iPhone without it blowing up in your face. The iPod Touch has great features, but doesn't compare to the iPhone. Now that the iPhone is cheaper, why not go for the one with the most features at the expense of storage? Besides, I already have plenty of storage for music on my four other iPods.

I donīt get it,what is it that dude is complaining about?
The Iphone or the new Ipod(yes,I know itīs the new Ipod),but whatīs the point?
Either way,the Iphone got the most basic features you need in one unit if you use them or not is up you.
-Wi-Fi only at Starbucks? What? If dude donīt need/use Wi-Fi,donīt use it then,no need to complain about it.
-The camera,well the camera ainīt all that,but it works well for digital media(internet). If camera is the feature youīre looking for in a cell phone go for one of the many Cyber Shot phones SE has released.
-Yes you donīt need to carry a Ipod with you if you got a phone like Iphone,SE W960 or Nokia N93i. For real do you relly need more than 8GB of music with you daily? +if you donīt like any of those phoneīs thereīs plenty of phones with expandable memory.
Why canīt phoneīs like Iphone,SE W960 and N93i have expandable memory? The good thing about the new SE K850 is that it supports two memory cards(M2 and SD) at the same time,so that means in near future you can have 64GB your phone if you really need it.
SE K850 memory card slot;

-The bluetooth issue? Hmmmm,well Iphone only supports handsfree,not file transfers. Well thatīs a bad thing for those that use it,I do all the time with both my MAC-Book and other phones. Thatīs another priorty question,if you use/need it.
-MMS,thatīs a feature I hardly use,and 3G thatīs not fully build out yet,well EDGE ainīt that bad. K.Dub was "complaing that it donīt have Iphone 3G,but when it got down to it heīs disabled it because it drains his battery. I donīt know what to say.... Itīs like everbybody is complaining how wak 50 Cent is,but thereīs "hundred" threads about leaks and hook ups for his new album,whatīs going on? Hypocrits anyone?

Conclusion;
When it all getīs down to it,itīs a give and take sitiuation.
Hell,itīs your money and only you know best what you need right?.
Iīm one of the few that use "all" the features that comes with my phones.
Like Matty said,(he works for Vodaphone),he have to help all his customers all the time with working out how to use/set up all the features that comes with the phoneīs and Iīm sure SGV (works for AT&T) get this all the time too.
The key to the Iphone is a user friendly UI not features.
Take your pick.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:40:26 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »
my pick is : I WANT THE N82  ;D