Author Topic: West coast.  (Read 3744 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: West coast.
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
(West Coast) Hip-Hop is dead.

Yeah, but people in the WC section refuse to believe that. They either stuck in 90's, believe Detox is still gonna drop, or think Bishop Lamont's gonna make a difference. Either way, they're living a lie.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 01:55:58 PM »
Westcoast artists not focused on guns, money, redundant gangsta bullshit
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=155705.0

^^^^^^^^^^^
READ
Youīll find all your "favorite" artists in there.

Why donīt guys go ahead and join the thread above ^^^^^.... instead.
I see you guys complaining about no threads about Evidence,Blu & Exile etc.
If really got something to say,why donīt say it?
Sure all those spider threads could be merged,deleted or what not.
But thereīs a couple of legit threads in the West Coast section,so donīt act like the outbound section is any better.

Yeah, I did read it, a good thread right there. props for linking it
But hold up, the Outbound is atleast 10 times better

Please explain how come the outbound section is better,
thereīs the same amount off quality posters active in both section,or less if you ask me.
And you find equal artists on all coasts;
Jay-Z,50 and Lil Wayne is the same shit as Snoop,Game and Spider Loc if you ask me.
Posters like Tanji,HighEyeCue,D-Nice and Dre-Day have put in mad work in the west coast section.
I would say theyīre all among maybe the top posters on dubCC.
Sure the East Coast section got Luna,eazye and QT,but thatīs about it.
Donīt bring me the joke of poster Tommy Fits,he managed to chase out one of our best members; Tanji.
Timbo AKA The Gossip King? eeeh,gossip and pop rap is his game!  >:( :P

Donīt make me get my "grump" on!!!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha, maybe it's personal meaning,west coast music just don't appeal to me as much as it used to.
(The new Yuk is bangin, though)
Sure, T, HighIQ, D and Dre are good posters,
but they get swamped in all those wack posters who just listens to DPG or DR from that 90's
Meho aka Timbo hook up alot of dope shit I like, u might not like it, but I do ;)
Outbound is just more mature (overall) than the wc section.

I donīt agree,as I said;
QT and eazye know their shit,Iīm suprised and overwhelmed by their knowledge by shit they shouldnīt have the slightest clue about.
Theyīre both around 17 and are both can boast knowledge about Ced Gee,45 King,Marley Marl and cats like John Bido from the south.
That right there warms my heart. Music is music,quality posts means input not gossip.  ;)
I respect your personal view on the west coast scene at the moment,
but Iīm sure if you dig a little a deeper and check out some of the artists mentioned here;
you might change your opinion?
....and ohhh I need the new Yuk album.  ;)

Yeah yeah, I see what you're saying and I've checked that thread.
I listen to some Westcoast shit like Blu & Exile, J5, Yuk, Dilated, Murs, Crooked and of course the classics

I think there's more good stuff than a lot of you think, but people are scared to check out names they don't know...

I'm aware of the fact that the West has been struggling for years, but like someone else pointed out, Hip-Hop in general is struggling, and the whole music industry is changing. People love negativity, that's why they're stuck on talking about Spider, it's not because they like Spider or whatever it's just because people love talking about controversial stuff, just like when Kurupt was on Death Row all people talked about was the Daz/Kurupt beef, or later the Game/G-unit beef...

There's still a lot of good stuff in the West Coast section, I see so many people complaining about the "good" topics not getting many replies, but I doubt that those of you who like those topics reply to them either, just because of the fact that they don't get a lot of replies.. Everybody loves to complain, but for it to change it's gotta start with you...

I wrote more than I meant to, but to sum it up, I definitely agree with you guys, but I just think that leaving the West Coast section isn't gonna help it... You know?

Yeah, I see u Nima, personally - I'm not scared to check out some new artists.
And yeah, the whole Hip-Hop culture is strugglin, shit the whole industry is in a dump now  :-\

kemizt

Chad Vader

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^
READ

But thereīs a couple of legit threads in the West Coast section,so donīt act like the outbound section is any better.

thereīs the same amount off quality posters active in both section,or less if you ask me.
Jay-Z,50 and Lil Wayne is the same shit as Snoop,Game and Spider Loc if you ask me.
Posters like Tanji,HighEyeCue,D-Nice and Dre-Day have put in mad work in the west coast section.
Donīt bring me the joke of poster Tommy Fits,he managed to chase out one of our best members; Tanji.

Haha, maybe it's personal meaning,west coast music just don't appeal to me as much as it used to.
(The new Yuk is bangin, though)
Sure, T, HighIQ, D and Dre are good posters,
but they get swamped in all those wack posters who just listens to DPG or DR from that 90's
Meho aka Timbo hook up alot of dope shit I like, u might not like it, but I do ;)

I donīt agree,as I said;
QT and eazye know their shit,Iīm suprised and overwhelmed by their knowledge by shit they shouldnīt have the slightest clue about.
Theyīre both around 17 and are both can boast knowledge about Ced Gee,45 King,Marley Marl and cats like John Bido from the south.
That right there warms my heart. Music is music,quality posts means input not gossip.  ;)
I respect your personal view on the west coast scene at the moment,
but Iīm sure if you dig a little a deeper and check out some of the artists mentioned here;
you might change your opinion?
....and ohhh I need the new Yuk album.  ;)

I think there's more good stuff than a lot of you think, but people are scared to check out names they don't know...

The truth... no need to name drop any more than I have already done in here;
Westcoast artists not focused on guns, money,redundant gangsta bullshit
...and yes thereīs also new and up coming dope "gangster rappers".

People love negativity, that's why they're stuck on talking about Spider, it's not because they like Spider or whatever it's just because people love talking about controversial stuff, just like when Kurupt was on Death Row all people talked about was the Daz/Kurupt beef, or later the Game/G-unit beef...

In other words gossip  :P ;)

There's still a lot of good stuff in the West Coast section,
I see so many people complaining about the "good" topics not getting many replies,
but I doubt that those of you who like those topics reply to them either,
just because of the fact that they don't get a lot of replies..

yep,why not come up with something constructive instead.
I bumped;
Westcoast artists not focused on guns, money,redundant gangsta bullshit
why ainīt your big mouths in there talking about all your "favorite" rappers?
oooohhhh your mouths ainīt so big now.  >:( :P :-\

Everybody loves to complain,
but for it to change it's gotta start with you...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  ;)

I listen to some Westcoast shit like Blu & Exile, J5, Yuk, Dilated, Murs, Crooked and of course the classics

You can listen to whatever you want for me,I wont stop you  ;) :P :laugh:;)
What Iīm saying is that if you guys want to talk about certain artists like those you mentioned above,then why donīt you?
I bumped the;
Westcoast artists not focused on guns, money, redundant gangsta bullshit thread
but hardly any replyīs,was it all talk and no action?
Canīt just sit around complaining about this and that without taking any constructive action.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:27:53 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
^^Chad, you are on point about that. I'm just as guilty of it as everybody else, but we do a lot of complaining about how nobody is making quality music and let it go unnoticed when a great album is dropped. There was a lot of good music talked about in that thread, but it's only two pages. Stupid videos with Spider Loc and 40 Glocc groupie arguments get 5 pages and more, just because the statements are so outrageous.
I got a bird's eye view

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »
As Nima has said and others agree - any deprecation in the westcoast section is down to true and loyal forum members not posting as much   as they could in threads that could be overshadowing poorer other topics...the amount of stuff that gets overlooked due to people not replying is immense and that is where the problem lies!

Reply to the important, decent topics and ignore the crap...guess what is gonna happen?

Good Threads
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shit Threads
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Simple. Make the change today and start the improvement!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 12:31:21 AM »
true, but that's not gonna happen if some posters keep ruining the good topics

wcsoldier

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »
WC rap isnt at his lowest point imo ... all these street albums are a good thing since last year, there are some new talented artists and producers .. yall say these posters are stuck in the 90es era but you aint dropping thoughts and comments either .. if its not a Bishop, Glasses or Ya Boy thread, very few people answer ..

eastcoastn

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 05:00:20 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^
READ

Intriago33

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 05:23:50 AM »

What Iīm saying is that if you guys want to talk about certain artists like those you mentioned above,then why donīt you?
I bumped the;
Canīt just sit around complaining about this and that without taking any constructive action.

I get you, but you're kind of missing the point, all them dope artists mentioned in that thread should be across the board, not just in one topic from four months ago.

I'd like to enter the WC forum, with talk on Murs, updates on Clinton Wayne etc, I feel I would be wasting my time trying to get a topic off the ground in that forum nowadays, simply because the large population of that forum has no real interest in their music, and are more interested in drama of nobodies like Spider and co.

I'm here to talk and learn good music, that's why I find myself in Outbound.

Chad Vader

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 05:26:11 AM »

I bumped the;

^^Chad, you are on point about that.
I'm just as guilty of it as everybody else,
but we do a lot of complaining about how nobody is making quality music and let it go unnoticed when a great album is dropped. There was a lot of good music talked about in that thread, but it's only two pages.
Stupid videos with Spider Loc and 40 Glocc groupie arguments get 5 pages and more, just because the statements are so outrageous.

Sure itīs only two pages,but if you like I can go find other threads.  :P
For EX. The Jacka,Rob Lo and their friends put out NON GENERIC top quality "gangster rap",
I think most people would be suprised if they checked them out,the list can go on. (and we all know it)
The point is; like Rud said reply to the "legit" threads and skip the wak ones (or free post them to death  :P).

As Nima has said and others agree -
any deprecation in the westcoast section is down to true and
loyal forum members not posting as much as they could in threads that could be overshadowing poorer other topics...
the amount of stuff that gets overlooked due to people not replying is immense and that is where the problem lies!

Reply to the important, decent topics and ignore the crap...guess what is gonna happen?

Good Threads
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shit Threads
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Simple.
Make the change today and start the improvement!

true, but that's not gonna happen if some posters keep ruining the good topics

I have seen you turn around "negative/bullshit" before to something more constructive.
It can be done,but the change starts with you (the loyal dubCC members)  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:30:20 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »
There is a lot of good threads and good music, but my point was that we get too interested in making some overrated rapper's groupie look stupid that everyone spends all their time talking shit to them, when they look retarded to begin with. I am trying to be more involved in the good threads and I'm not going to waste my time in those bullshit threads.
I got a bird's eye view

K-9

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2008, 12:26:51 PM »
Blame it on Juicy Gurl  she's the one spamming up all topics. Big Propz to Crash for posting interesting shit in the west coast section :) . 90% of all Spider hatas here are g-unut retards or Lil Wayne fans  .
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:37:53 PM by Frontin' Like Ya Daddy »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »
i think the whole forum is in a state of sleep..

Al Bundy

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
Blame it on Juicy Gurl  she's the one spamming up all topics. Big Propz to Crash for posting interesting shit in the west coast section :) . 90% of all Spider hatas here are g-unut retards or Lil Wayne fans  .

i didn't like spider loc when i didn't like wayne and i still don't like him after liking waynes music no homo

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2008, 10:07:33 PM »
Yet,the album that get's the most attention here is the worst piece of garbage pop the west has ever seen.
Hypocrits!

It hasn't been all positive attention though, and Snoop is the big name a lot of people think of when they hear "West Coast". Personally, I haven't even discussed it because I haven't even heard the whole album yet, only the first 14 or 15 songs. Snoop's been on that pop/r&b and experimentation tip, it's not a surprise. I have heard better, I have heard worse. Either way, he is a premiere name that demands attention. The problem isn't that people talk about this, because it is a major topic, but it's that we ignore or miss good new information and music.
I got a bird's eye view