Author Topic: Snoop: "I don't need Dr. Dre"  (Read 1662 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop: "I don't need Dr. Dre"
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:20:28 AM »
Ripped from AllHipHop rumors:

SNOOP: I DON’T NEED DR. DRE!

Recently my homey, Radio Host Kendra G the Blackbarbie, caught up with Snoop Dogg who is currently promoting his new album which will be out in March titled Ego Trippin.’ According to the Kendra G the interview started off with a rocky start when Kendra G asked Snoop was Dr. Dre on the album! Snoop snapped and said, "No, I don't need Dr. Dre! You are interviewing Snoop Dogg and you need to know who you are interviewing. This is a Snoop Dogg record and he's built off Snoop Dogg!" Wow! Snoop spent the next 4 mins explaining why Dr. Dre didn't produce a track on his album and how he is trying to establish himself without Dr. Dre. Check the interview out for yourself!

Go, Snoop! We’re going to all be old as John McCain if we keep waiting for Detox!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GoBtwm3tB4E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GoBtwm3tB4E</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Snoop: "I don't need Dr. Dre"
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:37:09 AM »
no he don't need Dr.Dre or the D.O.C. but he admits that he was and still is dependant  :laugh:
he needs a mentor that tells him when his shit is wack  ;) so no ego bullshit ( note that i haven't listened to the leaked album yet, i'm just criticising his attitude).

and lol at him acting like every track he gets from Dre was first meant for somebody else  :-X in some cases it's true, but no need to exagerrate.

i do agree with him that he can make good tracks with other producers as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 04:44:12 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:45:26 AM »
I feel Snoop On the Features...
True Shit!!

Can't Wait For This Album.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:33:51 AM »
Snoop reaction was kinda weird if u ask me .. seems a little too "sensitive" when she asked if Dre was on the cd .. both can make great music without each other and it was about time that Snoop makes a more personal album  BUT they still need to make some classic music before both retired .. it can't end the other way

eastcoastn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:39:21 AM »
no he don't need Dr.Dre or the D.O.C. but he admits that he was and still is dependant  :laugh:
he needs a mentor that tells him when his shit is wack  ;) so no ego bullshit ( note that i haven't listened to the leaked album yet, i'm just criticising his attitude).

and lol at him acting like every track he gets from Dre was first meant for somebody else  :-X in some cases it's true, but no need to exagerrate.

get off Dre's dick

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 06:00:07 AM »
Snoop realize that his BCT Single was wack ass fuck... Dr Dre gave him a old ass beat.. ;D ;D

Man, Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of the Westcoast but to be real Detox will never be a revolution for the music industry!!!!

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:17:38 AM »
Snoop reaction was kinda weird if u ask me .. seems a little too "sensitive" when she asked if Dre was on the cd .. both can make great music without each other and it was about time that Snoop makes a more personal album  BUT they still need to make some classic music before both retired .. it can't end the other way

I'm not too surprised he got sensitive, he must get asked that ALL the time seeing as Doggystyle was easily his most acclaimed album critically, and sold waaay more than his other albums as well, and that was with Dre calling all the shots

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:29:49 AM »
Snoop reaction was kinda weird if u ask me .. seems a little too "sensitive" when she asked if Dre was on the cd ..

LOL! I couldn't figure out why he was so quick to dismiss him either, but now I think I found out why he came off overly sensitive after reading this quote from this post: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=171731.0

Crooked I announced the single during his concert @ the rhythm lounge. He also said he's going to be on Detox. Thats what dude who attended the concert said over @ dynasty.

:P Snoop's probably pissed @ Dre for this if it's true.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:25:43 AM »
Snoop realize that his BCT Single was wack ass fuck... Dr Dre gave him a old ass beat.. ;D ;D

cause he was ego trippin... he shoulda put out imagine. that shit wouldn't get to #1 or nothin, but it woulda got alot more play, not to mention be a better and more important vid for him.

Just a lil while ago Snoop was talkin about doin a whole album with Dre, and now he's back on the tip about tryin to prove he doesn't need him.

"Make Up 2 Break Up"... we need it!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 07:27:54 AM »
actually the shit dre gave him on BCT was weak and meant for others, i wanna hear shit when dre and snoop get into the studio and make shit from scracth with a dre sound designed for snoop and then you'll hear that amazing shit they done did again. As for ego trippin, i havent heard it yet but i already know snoop dont need dre...but its sure nice when they work together, its a spectacle.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 07:28:53 AM »

Man, Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of the Westcoast

lol, since when?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

HEC

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 08:02:01 AM »

I love Snoop but real talk right here, he does shoot off his mouth on interviews before he thinks alot of the time

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
Snoop doing some real talk here , why should he need Dr dre when dr dre give him wack beats.. when younger producers realy wanna do their best to give a hot beat to a snoop dogg album. He also says that he agree that , he is doing some hot stuff with dr dre . That he like working with him, but he wants to do his stuff himself... He is getting the same quistion everytime he get a album out " is dre on the album" no wonder he react like that.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 08:32:44 AM »
why should he need Dr dre when dr dre give him wack beats.. when younger producers realy wanna do their best to give a hot beat to a snoop dogg album.

Come on, the Dre beats on BCT were better than a lot of stuff on there, and his albums usually have soooo much filler from no name producers and dudes he just happened to know and let give him some beats

Jome

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »
Let's see now, Snoop's worst albums; Da Game Is To Be Told, Paid Tha Cost, Rhythm & Gangsta, Ego Trippin'... coincidently the albums where Dre is absent...

Yes, Snoop needs Dre.