10 (33.3%)
Ripp Tha Game Bloody (Street Muzic)
4 (13.3%)
The Shining
1 (3.3%)
Broken Silence
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: The Official RBX (Concrete Criminals) thread *Audio,interviews,reviews and news*  (Read 7588 times)

Chad Vader

The Official RBX thread (Concrete Criminals) *Audio,interviews,reviews and news*

I'm cleaning out the previous RBX thread since it's a mess and not done by a active dubCC member.
I will update this thread whenever some new audio,interviews or news get dropped.
Feel free to submit audio,news and ideas ;)

Concrete Criminals on MySpace;
RBXs MySpace
Big Roccīs MySpace

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:13:42 AM by Chad Vader »

D~Nice

Anymore word on that Concrete Criminals album?

Chad Vader

RBX reviews;

RBX review in The Source November 1995 NO.74

RBX - RBX Filez
Production: artist
3 1/2 mics

For all of those who thought the only sound coming out of Southern Cal was head bobbin', gangsta, 64 Impala bouncin', roll up a spliff music, think again.
RBX should shatter those stereotypes on the quick fast. Many should remember RBX "dropping bombs like Hiroshima" on Dr. Dre's classic album The Chronic.
Now he's on the solo tip, trying to drop bombs on Dre and Death Row.

RBX Filez sounds nothing like the trademark G-Funk prevalent in the Long Beach area.
RBX keeps his unorthodox style - which was different from those of his former Death Row inmates to begin with - and combines it with eerie, clashing rugged beats.
On "A.W.O.L." he uses a funked up track that flat out bumps and lets his new-found nemesis have it:
"Dr. Dre do you remember you was broke/and the rap industry thought you was a joke/me,
D.O.C. and D.O.G. sat and made/lyrics to replenish your name like Gatorade."
RBX gives a lyrical ass whippin' on this joint, one of the worst disses since "No Vaseline" and "Dre Day." But "A.W.O.L." gives little indication as to the rest of the album. On the cut "Rough Is The Texture," RBX flips some action/adventure type lyrics.
"Tundra" uses a simple beat off the 808, light bass and synths, and adds a reggae artist kickin' ragamuffin styles on the chorus.
"Moms Are Crying" is one of the doper tracks on the album.
RBX kicks some of the tight shit that made him noticed on The Chronic album
over a track dominated by a stand up bass and a basic, but tight drum pattern.
An unquestionably skilled lyricist and MC, RBX may be ahead of his time.
Some won't be ready for the advanced flavas on this album.
Not to say people won't feel him, but free your mind when you check out the album, and most of all, concentrate.

review by Wesley K. Marshall

292 RBX; The RBX files review in Rap Pages October 1995

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:41:21 AM by Chad Vader »

Chad Vader

RBX interviews;

RBX interview in The Source October 1995 NO.73

RBX interview in Hip Hop Connection March 2008

Dr.Dre's version why RBX left Death Row;
The Source September 93 #48
The Source:

But RBX,who sets shit off on "High Powered" jumped ship just as Death Row began to move into their new offices.
When The Source Matty C received a fax from Disney's Hollywood Basic announcing they'd signed RBX,he called Suge.
According to Suge,he'd heard of no such thing.
I ask Dre about RBX..."Ehh...that's my boy,me and him are cool...I don't know." he pauses briefly.
"He been having those mothafuckas running up in his ear. See it's like this,when RBX came down,that's Snoop's cousin you know..."
He decides to end it there,remembering what words can do when exchanged in public. I ask if RBX's deal with Hollywood Basic is official.
"Naw,legally he still with me. I'm just gonna wait to see what happens." He decides to continue.
     "Soon as he blew up,soon as my record came out,you got a gang of mothafuckas talkin'
about what they should be doing,where they should be,what they should have.
Mothafuckas that didn't give a fuck about 'im before the record came out."
But isn't that what N.W.A went trough? "Naw,my shit was real. My business was fucked up. I'm not fucking over my people.
Cuz I been on that side so I know what they expect and what they want. You keep the artist happy and there won't be no problems.
Snoop is like my little brother yaknowwhatimsayin'? I'm just watching everybody's back.
Everybody knows I've been in the industry a long time they know I know what I'm talkin about. So they listen to me.
And I love them for that,because they trust my judgement."

RBX: Still Droppin’ Bombs ...allhiphop interview
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=160333.0
In 1992, Dr. Dre’s The Chronic blazed in a new era of Hip-Hop.
More than being the catalyst for the G-Funk era, it was the foundation upon which Death Row Records was built.
It possessed an intensity, boldness and swagger that seemed to be in direct defiance of the Native Tongue movement taking place out in the East.
The spokespeople for this new sound were a stable of hungry artists wanting to claim the spotlight left vacant by N.W.A. A smooth rhyming Calvin Broadus Jr. (Snoop Doggy Dogg at that time) and the booming, unorthodox style of Eric Collins (RBX) were the most talked about of these new artists.

Through the rise and eventual fall of Death Row, Snoop and RBX were selected as “Most likely to blow up” by industry insiders.
15 years after their introduction, RBX and Snoop have had careers that have gone in very different directions.
Despite both winning awards and being a part of platinum selling projects, RBX has remained underground while Snoop basks in the limelight.
With the release of his latest project, Broken Silence, RBX looks to silence critics by demonstrating that he can still drop bombs like Hiroshima.

AllHipHop.com:
The intro to Broken Silence features a reporter asking you about where you have been since ’94.
Do you think that the common perception is that this is your first album since The Chronic?

RBX:
Well actually he was being sarcastic. I don’t know if it came across like that, but some people may not know me.
For those that don’t, they may think that this is my first album, but if they dig into the crates, so to speak, they will find out that it is not.

AllHipHop.com:
You were introduced to the world via The Chronic, has there been any talk about you appearing on Detox?

RBX:
Yes there has. I am in the dark about the record just like everyone else.
I had a conversation with one of my folks and they said that Dre is not complete on who he is going to have on it;
he is still digging through some of the songs he has, but maybe I will make it. I don’t know yet.
We are going to have to wait and see.
Dre is so picky that one week you might be on there and the next week you are not, so you just have to wait till it comes out to see.

AllHipHop.com:
You have experienced everything there is to experience in this industry,
but what would you say is the most frustrating aspect of being involved in Hip-Hop right now?

RBX:
A lot of these industry cats don’t know the history of Hip-Hop. No one looks out for the next man.

AllHipHop.com:
You appear on various projects by the Visionaries and Ld and Ariano’s A Thin line, but how did you guys first connect?

RBX:
Ariano has a kid by one of my brother’s cousins. Ariano tried to get at my homie Quaz who was working at this studio.
We met and ended up always working around each other.
Since he was working with the Visionaries, one day I hollered at Key Kool and 2mex and the whole crew, and now it’s all family.
Working on this project with the Visionaries was strictly Hip-Hop. Everyone would come in like it was the Terrordome.
All the MCs stepped their game up.

AllHipHop.com:
A year ago at the Visionaries album release party, you came out and kicked a freestyle.
What was that like to perform in front of your home crowd surrounded by your family?

RBX:
Aww man you remember that. That show was crazy. It was really good. I work really hard to get the audience tuned in.
To see loved ones from Long Beach show appreciation is a good feeling.
It gives me my mojo back and reminds me I have some time left and some things to do.

AllHipHop.com:
You state on “Echoes of My Mind” that you were disenchanted after the Death Row situation and the passing of Biggie and Pac,
but then you were back on. What was it that got you back on to Hip-Hop?

RBX:
I still had a love for it. I would hear beats, and my mind would start wandering. I would write hooks, so I knew I still had the itch.
I was just depressed and frustrated because things didn’t turn out exactly like I thought they would,
but I had to just grow up and stop being a big baby, get my mojo back, and start to doing what I am supposed to be doing.

AllHipHop.com:
Do you think those experiences have made you a stronger artist?

RBX:
Oh my God, yes! At the time I was going through them, no I did not think that. I thought it’s a rap, I am through with this bullshit.
As they say, “what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.” I now actually see what I was doing wrong back then, and I have corrected my errors.
I act the way I do now because of the things I have gone through. I no longer drink or party.
I ain’t got time for that bullsh*t. This is what I have come to.

AllHipHop.com:
Snoop produces “Overdue”. What is your impression of Snoop as a producer?

RBX:
He is my cousin and is serious about everything he does.
At first I didn’t know he was serious about production, but he sent me this track, and it was all good.

AllHipHop.com:
How did it come about that he would produce a track for this album but not rhyme on it?

RBX:
He could have rhymed on it but at the pace we were working at, he wasn’t free at the time because Snoop’s plate is full as hell.
I didn’t consider it because I know his schedule, but it’s not a big deal.

AllHipHop.com:
What is your opinion of the state of West Coast Hip-Hop?

RBX:
9-1-1.

AllHipHop.com:
Why do you say that?

RBX:
You have all of the hoods in Long Beach and you have all of the hoods in Compton, Inglewood, Watts, all of those cities,
and everybody is hating on everybody. There is so much hatred that nobody can grow.
If we don’t have the West accepting the West, how do we expect others to accept that the West is hard when we are disrespecting our own people?
We close the door on local cats, but if someone comes from Atlanta then the door is wide open, and we can’t understand that.
The difference between cats in Oakland and out here is out there they are all together.
Out there they may not like each other, but they are professional and will work together
to get money and after they are done in the studio they can tell each other to get the f*ck on.
Out here, they just want to cut and shoot and act like they are super-duper hard.
No one is trying to be professional; everyone is trying to be a thug and a gangster.
The industry mutherf*ckers get mad because they are intimidated because they didn’t grow up in that sh*t.
I am talking about these rich kids whose fathers own billion dollar companies.
They ain’t trying to get no AK shot through their Maybach These labels water down their material by going
out to the Midwest to get all their artists rather than working with artists from the West Coast.

AllHipHop.com:
What can we expect from the upcoming Concrete Criminals project with Ren and will producer LD be involved in the production?

RBX:
In a week or two that sh*t is going to be done. I am about to make fireworks pop.
I am going to slow my pace because the response I am getting from Broken Silence is overwhelming. I don’t think LD will be involved.
Anything that I control, LD will be a part of, but when I am not in control, I don’t want to squeeze him into a situation that he wouldn’t be comfortable with. This is going to be a bang-out, bang bang album. This album will show that I have every piece of skill that I ever had. I am still rough and grimy.
We are going to say some old N.W.A type sh*t on this album that will make people go, “What the F*ck?!” Stay Tuned.

Prop Inmate in the thread I jacked the interview from^^^^^^^

Another recent RBX related thread;
MC Ren Returns With RBX As Concrete Criminals
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=158889.0

RBX Interview www.rapreviews.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=161094.0
Known most for his gravelly voiced appearances on classics such as The Chronic and The Mashall Mathers LP, RBX has been moving,
and in some cases frightening, crowds for over fifteen years.
A Grammy award winning artist, RBX recently released a full length album titled Broken Silence and plans on following it up in 2008 with Unanimous.
Even with all that solo work listeners can still expect to hear him continuing to guest on other people's work, as well.
He notes "I need to holler at Em. You need to shoot that shout out. That's my dog."
This week the man who describes himself as "a dormant volcano" sat down with RapReviews to discuss his storied career, how his work now differs from his work in the past, and why he's happy rappers have taken a step back from the idea of "keeping it real."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam Bernard:
Before we even get started with the real questions I heard you just had some work done to your car.
RBX:
Actually I got a new radiator put in because I saw coolant leaking and I don't like coolant leaking out the car,
that's not a good thing, so I have them doing some work on it. It's a big ass BMW and it can't leak.
If it starts leaking that means it's gonna lead to a bigger leak and I might be out somewhere one day and that shit bust on me.
It's pretty much a maintenance issue.

AB:
So this isn't a Pimp My Ride situation.
RBX:
Aw naw, it's a nice BM but no it's not getting flashed out, it's pretty much a maintenance thing and that's it.
You pull up, you're leaking coolant, that's not cool. Girls lookin at you like damn, his car's leaking fluids and shit.
Yeah, that's not a good look. If you can rectify it you might wanna just go ahead and get that cleaned

AB:
Yeah, I don't think the ladies are going to wait around after the show while you get your car fixed.
RBX:
You dig! That's exactly what I'm saying. "Hold on baby, let me see if I can get a jump start."

AB:
Moving to the subject of your music. Broken Silence is the new album. Tell me a little bit about what silence you're breaking.
RBX:
The silence of me not really actually having a record that I control and that
I was the driving force behind without censorship from major labels or VPs who don't want you doing this, don't want you doing that,
can't say this, can't say that. This is me saying what the fuck I want to say.

AB:
What's the average person going to learn about you from this album that they don't know already?
RBX:
That I'm nice. Everybody thinks I'm just a voice. (growls) But he ain't rapping, he ain't got nothing to say.
That's kind of how I was in some situations when I was with some of my other cats. (growls) and then I'm gone.
Motherfuckers be like "what was that?" You didn't get to really hear me rhyme, you'd just get to hear me do a little somethin something.
They basically heard the voice, but now they're hearing me rap.

AB:
Are you saying that your being viewed as "just a voice" was almost justified back in the day?
RBX:
Yeah, cuz back in the day everybody had their part to play.
Dre with the beat, Snoop was the young MC who got all the girls, Daz with the bang bang, Warren G had his role;
Dre knew what the fuck he was doing, he incorporated all of this and I was the monster.
RAWR! I was that. Listen to The Chronic and you'll see what I'm talking about.

AB:
How did the folks you had worked with in the past react to this really lyrical side of who you are?
RBX:
You know what, honestly, I have not heard one bad thing. I figured there were going to be some haters and some naysayers, but not one.
My niggas was like, "we ain't surprised. We know you. We were just waiting for you to shit."
I'm thinking I'm gonna get some "YEA RBX," but I've been getting "you did what we thought you was going to do."
I don't get no pat on the back or nuttin. I kind of wanted to hear "you have room for improvement," but nah, "that's hot," that's all I get.

AB:
Taking that situation you went through, should we be looking at some of the younger MCs
of today and thinking more of what they might be ten years down the line, in effect saying let's give them a few years?
RBX:
It's not a lesson. I ain't no rap guru godfather. If they're really into it there is an automatic progression that takes place.
A lot of MCs out there can do their thing but there's not one that can knock me out the box.
Right now there are some MCs out there that are hot, they're nice, but they can get knocked out.
I'm one of those you can't knock out. As soon as I hear what it is I'ma fire a missile back. I can't be beat and I'm confident with that.

AB:
You've worked with a lot of legendary artists. With Broken Silence you have your own voice.
What makes you better now than you were back in your Chronic days?
RBX:
I didn't know nothing then. Now I can see things a little better and clearer. Clarity is the key.
Sometimes you try to help folks and I don't know what's wrong with society today,
but if I had gone about all this Hollywood and gotten all the known bigwigs to do the record the first thing cats would have been saying is
"oh he don't come down and work with the underground cats."
When I go try to work with the underground cats the first thing they try to do is take me out to box like on some battle shit.
I'm thinking in my head "what an idiot. I'm down here trying to help you, we've put this together and that's just an attempt to divide right there."
There are big conflicts that I have but I get past them because I'm from the street and nobody can say nothing because I rap good and I'll smash they ass.
So basically me going down into the pits was just a way to rejuvenate my whole thing and keep everything sharp and precise

AB:
Over the past fifteen years what have been some of your favorite memories from all your performances and studio sessions?
RBX:
There was one time, I think it was Rock the Bells, I was just going on stage to watch KRS-One get down.
I was NOT in performance mode, I was NOT supposed to get down, I was just up there to support my brother and somehow...
Kris didn't even know I was out there, he was just doing his thing, but he did a move where he spun around and saw me.
He said "what!?! Is this RBX on the stage!?!" And it was a wrap. I think there was Nas, Talib Kweli, Freestyle Fellowship and we just shit!
We just shit on 16,000 motherfuckers and Kris was like "Fuck that! Turn the music off! A capella!"
I jumped up on a speaker and just shit. I remember that, that was fun. I just really love what I do.

AB:
What do you feel has been your greatest accomplishment?
RBX:
Aw man, just being alive. You don't even realize that is a job. Everything, all that extra shit, it's nothing.
Houses and all that shit come and go and people stressing and worrying themselves behind some material ass shit when they can just live, that's enough. Everything else can come and go, don't trip.
Everyone wants the finer things but if you had a nice ass house and a BMW and all that shit but you didn't have no oxygen...

AB:
Good point. Finally, what do you like about what's going on in Hip-Hop today?
RBX:
You know what, actually, I like the fact that niggas is getting back to headbanging.
It was never meant to be a physical altercation, or go get your gun and kill a nigga.
You can talk about it, but c'mon now, when all that bullshit is blurted out, "we gonna keep it super real," that's when they start killing.
On "Fly MC" Special Ed was talking about he was flying on his jet and kicked the bitch through the cargo hatch.
Everybody knows he wasn't in a jet kicking the Queen of France through a fucking hatch,
but they didn't send nobody out to fuck with Special Ed about that.
It was hot, but then you couldn't do shit like that, people were like that shit ain't real and everybody's talking really really real like
I'm going to come to your studio with my AK and kill you. No! Slow down, buddy. That's kind of where the problem came in.
Right now rap is realizing I'ma get at you, but I ain't really trying to come and kill you and your family, homey,
I'ma try and bust your head open with these verbs and that's what it was meant to be.
At the end of the day I'll see you, we can smoke a blunt and have a burger together, dawg,
but when I'm doing my thing in the studio I'm a monster and I'ma try to slice your whole jugular out, but it's words.
There's a difference between some rap shit and some not rap shit.

AB:
I've noticed quite a few rappers who never had rap sheet, or who only had small ones,
have been getting into a lot of trouble for starting to believe their own rhymes.
RBX:
Idiots. And that's what happens. I ain't gotta prove shit. Matter of fact I'm trying to live some shit down.
I'm soft skinned. I ain't trying to act hard. Everybody else trying to act hard, in all honesty it's on some reverse osmosis and that's what you gotta remember. Cats that be acting like they all hard be the softest motherfuckers in the whole building.
It was always the case in the streets that the cats who don't say one motherfuckin word be the most vicious motherfucker in the whole spot.
All that rah rah, that's all for hype and record sales. That's bullshit

http://www.rapreviews.com/

Prop KURUPTION-81 for the interview.... ;)

RBX interview @ HHDX
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=160917.0
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.953

RBX will be remembered for his lyrics alongside his manhood in Hip Hop history. A cousin of Snoop Dogg, X was the first
- and one of the only artists to ever leave Death Row Records. He did so after working on The Chronic and Doggystyle and found underground success on several independent labels with pet releases before returning beside Dr. Dre at Aftermath Records in the late '90s.

Though he's always been underground and always taken lengthy hiatuses,
few expected RBX to reappear working alongside DJ Rhettmatic and LMNO
as well as other veteran artists of the nouveau Los Angeles underground Hip Hop community.
With an album Broken Silence commemorating the new side of The Narrator, RBX breaks the silence with HipHopDX about the past and future.

HipHopDX:
My favorite song on your album Broken Silence, beside the fact that it’s produced by Snoop, is “Overdue.” What inspired it?
RBX:
As an artist, I came into this Rap thing as just a kid with a dream. I never was trying to be a star. I just wanted to do what I do, and it blew up.
Everything is large now. My whole world has changed. I was in the Death Row situation.
Everybody thinks, “Okay, it’s beautiful and lovely, the success. You’re gonna get the nice car and the nice house.”
Yeah, I have the nice car and I had the big house, but imagine the mafia being after you, ya dig? It was a blessing and a curse at the same time.
Then I went underground.

“Overdue” is to let all my cats out there that’s doing things or just doing their music,
and for whatever reason they didn’t blow up…“Overdue” is all my perseverance over the negative.
It’s to stand up on my own two. In this rap industry. It’s not written, but this rap industry is like sororities, ya dig?
I wouldn’t say fraternities, ‘cause that would be men. These people don’t act like men.
They come off so hard with their personas, but on the interior, they act like women and girls.
I’m not a part of any fraternity or sorority. I’m just one on an island.
“Overdue” is my testimonial that if you stick to what you firmly believe in, and stay true to yourself, you can do it.
I should have said this a while ago, but I was unable to ‘cause Suge [Knight] wouldn’t let me,
and then there were other individuals that was blockin’, and now it’s overdue.

DX:
You waited for turn, in ’92 with Death Row and again in ’96 with Aftermath.
When you see all these artists in bigger artists’ entourages today, waiting for their turn, would you discourage them?
RBX:
It worries me for them. They have probably been sprinkled with pixie dust and cinnamon spice, and that’s just not what it is.
I think if somebody would have told me when I first started The Chronic what I would have gone through, I probably would not have gone down that road.
But I’m so far down the road now, it’s too late to turn back. I feel sorry for them.

DX:
This album really impressed me because you’re working with people like LMNO and DJ Rhettmatic – underground veterans.
When you were placed in this ideal situation in ’91, ’92, albeit pixie dust, what kind of awareness did you have of the Los Angeles underground?
RBX:
That’s all I know. I didn’t have any idea of the mainstream. That’s what threw me for a loop. I came up with The Good Life Café.
That is Medusa, Myka 9, Aceyalone, Ganja K, P.E.A.C.E. All of those cats I just mentioned, any emcee that’s rapping today, they would split them.
These are my peers at the time. That’s I knew was underground. So for me to work [LMNO], it’s only a throwback to where I started – my roots.

DX:
You’re four or five albums deep. Why now are we seeing this?
RBX:
I just think I’ve grown as a person and evolving as an artist. I grew up in the streets. I’m not a gang-banger. A gangster, maybe. Thuggish, yeah.
But a gang-banger is something I’m not, and I’m not gonna put that face on like I’m out there smackin’ fools upside they head for havin’ on the wrong color. I’m not gonna perpetrate that fraud. That’s not me. But if you’re gonna run up on me and disrespect me in any kind of way, that’s when you’ve lost.
That’s the hard edge of it. The main thing is, I wanted to come with a whole new sound and a whole new dynamic, if you will.
These guys helped get me back in the studio and helped me get my mojo back.
To help my out, I said I’m gonna have [these guys] on my record to give them a boost.

DX:
These guys have carved their niches, which might differ from yours, outside of L.A. or The Good Life.
Have you already felt new ears hearing your music as a result of this?
RBX:
Yes. I am. I was at The Magic Show. This cat was a booth selling leather coats for a company called Iron Lions.
I gave him a CD, just doing my thing.
The brother called me back a week later, saying, “Brother, I had no idea. I knew you had a powerful voice, but I had no idea you had lyrics.”
I was boxed in as a monster who comes in to clean up everything after everybody on the track. I’m the finisher.
That’s still my role, but we have to go past that.

DX:
Speaking of lyrics, you say, “I’m cousin of a Steeler, brother of a Raider.” Cool line on the surface, what’s it mean?
RBX:
In Long Beach, there’s two gangs. There’s the Rolling 20 Crips, which wear Pittsburgh Steelers [merchandise]
and there’s the Insane Crips, which wear Raiders [merchandise]. My brother is from Rolling 20s, but all my cousins are from the rival gang [The Insane Crips].
It’s a contradiction for me. I’m staying down with my brother ‘cause I am my brother’s keeper, but it puts me at odds with my cousins. It’s a daily struggle.
I don’t get shot at. I don’t get tripped on, ‘cause I’m well-respected in my neighborhood, but there’s a tension there.
These are rival gangs. That’s what I mean.

DX:
What you just told me is something I didn’t know. But on top of it, those NFL teams are both homonyms.
Steelers steal and Raiders raid, as in street action. Even Cam’ron, on his first album said, “I know a bunch of stealers, and they not from Pittsburgh.”
RBX:
Yeah! It’s a way crazy twist. Sometimes I do things and God be in control. We think we in control, but God is still in control.
Sometimes I do things, sit back and listen and say, “Wow. Whoa!” It’s one of things. A Steeler and a Raider are the same thing.

DX:
Looking at a record like “Sunshine” or “Mama’s Crying,” your music has always been tinged with West Indian influence. Where does that come from?
RBX:
I have bunch of cousins, and my sister as well, who have married cats from The West Indies.
My nephew’s pops is from the Bahamas; I’m always around him. Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, this is my family. They all have accents.
They got a lot of respect for me and vice-versa. It’s just been a natural progression, because that’s what I listen to.
One of my aces back in the days, Bigga B, rest in peace – he was responsible for starting Loud Records and signing Xzibit and The Alkaholiks
 – that’s all he played: Dancehall, Ragamuffin, Roots. That’s become part of me. I’m not fakin’ nothin’.

DX:
I remember buying No Mercy, No Remorse back in 1999 or 2000. It was two EPs. What was the thinking behind that?
RBX:
I don’t even really remember. At that time, to be quite honest with you, I was in jail. One of my partners called me and said,
“Listen man, you’ve got a bunch of music out here. You don’t need to sit.” I was being stubborn in jail too. I was fighting.
Sometimes I just need to calm down. I be fighting too damn much, whether fisticuffs or demons.
The guy said, “I’ll pay your fines off, we’ll get you out of there and get you to your classes.”
I fought that for two weeks and then I said, “Go ‘head man, make it happen. I’m tired of eating sandwiches and cookies.”
He made something happen; that was something he did. After that record came out, I went into real deep hiatus, just tryin’ to get it together.
Then I started slowly emerging out of the darkness, and becoming myself again. It was a depressing time. I didn’t wanna keep bumping heads with Suge.
I’m just one man. I don’t have the resources or the money to keep fighting these people, but for some strange reason, I just keep fighting.

DX:
You were one of the first artists Dr. Dre signed to Aftermath.
How do you think the label would have been different had he released you or King Tee before Eminem? How close was it?
RBX:
It was a curse and it was a blessing. I don’t know why I get in situations like that.
It was good ‘cause Dr. Dre was my partner, and I never had a problem with Dre at Death Row.
As a matter of fact, Suge used to come in trippin’, and I used to look at Dre and he’d look at me like, “Here this motherfucker go.”
When we got to Aftermath, I knew it was good ‘cause there was no more of that B.S.
But new stress came in ‘cause now Dre had to prove himself and reinvent himself as Dr. Dre the entity [outside of] Death Row.
He didn’t want to go down the same road he just came down; that’s why he came out with “Been There, Done That.”

I got into the twist ‘cause I was still getting up to do the music we did at Death Row. That’s where my mindstate was. Dre didn’t really want that.
He wanted to step away for a minute, if not forever. At the time, I wasn’t able to go anywhere else but bang bang.
I’m just telling you the truth. That’s when me and Dre became at odds. I was still going out in Compton or wherever, and I would see Suge.
And we would bang. I was in the paint with him. We used to bang, bang.
I didn’t know it at the time, but every time I’d get into it with Suge, he would make trouble for Dre. He couldn’t get at me, so he’d go and mess with Dre.
He’d be calling Dre, or just making things miserable. Dre wasn’t telling me this.
I needed to go calm down on deep hiatus and get my things together and stop fighting so much.

DX:
You’re famous for spitting the same verse twice on two different songs. A.G. has been called out on this two. What’s your reasoning behind it?
RBX:
A lot of people do weird shit on their records that you don’t know about. A lot of guys have “666” in a design that you can’t tell.
One of my weird things is…if the verse is hot, I wanna rewind it selektah and bring it back! [in Jamaican accent].
It’s a remixed, re-edited version. On this album…I’m gonna be quite honest with you, the same lyrics are just an oversight.
We just said, “Fuck it.” We gotta give the critics something to talk about. We’re just feeding the haters.
I’m gonna do it again just to let you know that you ain’t said shit.

DX:
I feel like “Stranded on Death Row” was the west coast answer to Marley Marl’s “The Symphony.”
Tell me about that record, and was it really a battle of scrapping it out for top spot on Death Row?
RBX:
To be quite honest with you, at that time, it was the terror dome. We was all pitbulls.
[The Lady of Rage], I’m not gonna call her no bitch, but she was the lady pitbull. She would’ve chopped your ass the fuck up! She was so tight.
You had to have a certain level of skill to even get Rage took at you. The first time she met me, she was looking at me like, “Dre done signed you?
Can you spit?” I was looking like a dweeb, man. I was broke, I had just got off work, my glasses was broken with tape on them.
When she heard me get down, all that respect came. Then she talked to me.
Before then, I couldn’t even get Rage to say hi to me. It was the terror dome. You had to be writing, or cats was on your head instantly.

DX:
Do you perform much?
RBX:
Man, I would love to. When I fell out of the loop, I feel out of the loop with everything. I really don’t know no promoters.
I don’t know too many cats. I’m hard to get to meet now – not that I’m scarred or wounded.
Just most times, people are on that bullshit or got a certain angle they workin’. I don’t really be talkin’ to people. to answer your question, yes, I would love to.

To learn more visit: Myspace.com/RBXBrokenSilence

Prop LOUDsilence for the interview^^^^^^^ ;)

In the in the interview he did with Matt Sonzala on
Damage Control radio
http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com/2007/02/rbx-ms-hawk-and-more-on-damage.html
a couple of months ago he said he just recorded a couple of tracks with Rob Quest of Odd Squad/Coughee Brothaz,wonder where those tracks will end up? A interesting combo,maybe Devin is on some of those tracks?

RBX and Rob Quest of Odd Squad/Coughee Brothaz;

RBX Interview (Filmed By: Tha CineThieves) www.westcoastrydaz.com 2005
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTa4dDAFOOc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aTa4dDAFOOc</a>

RBX Interview (21.12.2003) RBX INTERVIEW BY RAWDAWGZ.NET
by Pascal Kerouche

RBX: Whats up ya&#8217;ll, my name is RBX from DPG Recordz / Gangsta Advisory.

RawDawgz.net: Since when are you rapping?

RBX: Since when &#8230; since &#8217;90.

RawDawgz.net: Do you still remember your first rhyme?

RBX: Ahm, yeah I think so. Let me see ... I&#8217;m trying to think &#8230; ahm &#8230; *starts rapping his first rhyme* something like that.

RawDawgz.net: Have you always got the name RBX?

RBX: No I used to be Mellow E.

RawDawgz.net: How you came up with your names?

RBX: Mellow E came up from my friends, cause I was a real mellow laid back. I used to kick back, going home just to kick back. Then I went to college and I hooked up with some brothers from the Nation of Islam and actually they changed my name to Reality Born cause all I was spitting war reality. I wasn&#8217;t that kind of gangsta rapper back then, I never rapped about: Oh I shout you, and I raped her. I never did that kind of rap. So they called me reality, cause I brought the real.

RawDawgz.net: Have you got any idols?

RBX: Do I got any idols. Yeah I have idols. One of my idols could be &#8230; ahm &#8230; Bob Marley. The one that stands out right now, I have a few of them but the one that coming to my head instantly is Bob Marley &#8230; and Malcolm X. Yeah Bob Marley and Malcolm X.

RawDawgz.net: Are you still gang affiliated?

RBX: Yeah I&#8217;m still gang affiliated &#8230; not like I&#8217;m in a gang. When you born in Long Beach its automaticly. I ain&#8217;t gangbanging, no &#8230; but do I know gangbangers, do I know gangsters, do I know people that might be in a gang, most definitly.

RawDawgz.net: What you think about the current situation about West Coast rap?

RBX: I think the West Coast rap could be a lot stronger if we unify. There is a lot of beef bullshit in the songs but on the east they are more unify. Even if they don&#8217;t like the person they still respect there music. And on the west you got that clique that don&#8217;t like this clique so the other clique wont support you either, and that&#8217;s why they have shit. Just to give you an example &#8230; ahm &#8230; Jay Z and Nas. They don&#8217;t really like each other but they understand whats going on and they understand the culture of Hip Hop. So if someones CD comes out, they gone cop that and that&#8217;s good for everybody. They can beef everybody they want to and they &#8230; at the end of the day they still will be together on the same mixtape. Out here, if somebody don&#8217;t like you he doesn&#8217;t want to be on the same CD as you. So its most definitly bullshit.

RawDawgz.net: You think the West Coast will be back one day?

RBX: Fo&#8217; sho! That&#8217;s happen right now. Everybody is starting to realize that we can&#8217;t do shit by ourselfs. It&#8217;s called &#8220;the West Coast&#8221;, it&#8217;s not only one person it&#8217;s called &#8220;the West Coast&#8221;. So we going to need everybody. We need Westside Connection, the Westside Connection need the DPG, the DPG need G-Unit need &#8230; whoever, it allways kept going.

Spice 1 just said in a interview with DubCNN.com that it seems people partying so much, that they don&#8217;t really have time for some real shit, cause when you switch on MTV or BET you only see party rap videos.

RBX: I think its cause of the market and the mayor labels and people who don&#8217;t know nothing about our culture. You know what im saying &#8230; in there eyes life is a big party or something. The mayor labels is getting all that party shit and putting all the female in the video. I have a problem with it, but as long as it&#8217;s no beef, its not my buisness.

RawDawgz.net: Dafari just said that white underground rapper stealing him his money, what are your thoughts about his oppinion and white MCs?

RBX: He said white MCs are stealing him his money?

RawDawgz.net: Yeah, he said hes hustling all day out in the streets and trying to get this money. Doing some shows and selling some CDs but it don&#8217;t really work because of the white MCs.

RBX: I think &#8230; I mean &#8230; I think if you dope, you dope. It&#8217;s not really about a color, it&#8217;s about a culture. Sure, since Eminem is out there a lot of companys trying to get white MCs, but that in right know. The same thing with Vanilla Ice. Eminem is dope as fuck. I was on Eminems album. There a lot of people that calling themselves rappers and trying to be like Eminem. Like me, I got my own little nitch &#8230; I write my own rhymes, I putting to gether my songs, I got my own style, so I don&#8217;t need like a lot &#8230; fuck it, no one could do what RBX does. So &#8230; to answer the question, there are some areas, but some areas it&#8217;s a different way and at the end its about your skills.

RawDawgz.net: You working on a new album right know, when is it coming out?

RBX: The album is called Ripp Tha Game Bloody. The Ripp Tha Game Bloody album will be in stores on january 27th.

RawDawgz.net: It&#8217;s coming out on Gangsta Advisory right?

RBX: Yes, Gangsta Advisory.

RawDawgz.net: What can the people expect from it?

RBX: They can expect a new grown up RBX, but is kind of still the same. Ahm, it&#8217;s got one or two party songs, but not in the way you might think. It&#8217;s a little harder. More like a thug party song. But it&#8217;s &#8230; it&#8217;s dope.

RawDawgz.net: Who produced the album?

RBX: Daz, then &#8230; ahm &#8230; right now I&#8217;m working with a bunch of underground producers. Only because I ain&#8217;t got time for that Hollywood bullshit, you know what I&#8217;m saying? They are charging $ 5,000 for a beat, I rather go on the streets, where I know that he&#8217;s producing five years straight, hungy and dope, but didn&#8217;t got a chance, only he doesn&#8217;t have a name out. I&#8217;m working with a lot of this producers right know.

RawDawgz.net: Yeah that&#8217;s good, because you keep supporting the underground with that.

RBX: Right, I keep trying to get them move. And another point is that I save a lot of money. I think it&#8217;s better for me to have a bunch of producers that I help to pay there bills, so when they blow up they might help me cause they will remember that I was the one that builed them up.

RawDawgz.net: How doest it compare to your older recordings?

RBX: It&#8217;s not as militant. It&#8217;s more politic, not that militant, I had to put that down a littlebit.

RawDawgz.net: What guest appareances can we expect?

RBX: Ahm, we got Daz, we got Snoop, we got E-White, Soopalfy, Saafir, ahm &#8230; we got Boss Hog, Mary Franklin, she singing some hooks, they sound like samples but there not samples, there actually her singing. We got a good mix of good artists, so you have to check it out. And if you like that RBX sound, you will like the album.

RawDawgz.net: Can you give us a little preview?

RBX: You gotta get at Daz, I don&#8217;t got anything here right now. I gave them to Daz cause he is mixing everything and stuff, so I don&#8217;t really know what hes doing with it.

RawDawgz.net: You also working on a collaboration album with E-White, right?

RBX: Ahm, we were working on it, I don&#8217;t know what the fuck is going on. I&#8217;ve not heard anything from him. Snoop is the only one who is in conctact with him right know. So right know im working on my new album that is called Insoniac. I got like 6 or 7 songs done. I&#8217;m almost done with it. Around January 6th, I should have a new album finished that is called Insoniac.

RawDawgz.net: How many tracks did you recorded for the collaboration Album?

RBX: We recorded a few, but ahm &#8230; the only one who have access to him right know is Snoop. And I don&#8217;t know what they planing because Snoop started a project called The Dogg Inc. And you know, there are some internal problems &#8230; it might still happen, it just didn&#8217;t happened yet.

RawDawgz.net: When you nearly done with a new album, and Ripp Tha Game Bloody ain&#8217;t out yet, how long does it take you to do a album?

RBX: I&#8217;ve been recording for the last 3 years. So I have music, like a library. So I can put together a album in &#8230; shit &#8230; 2 weeks, if I really wanna to. I just like to take my time, to make sure it sound dope.

RawDawgz.net: With who you would love to work with?

RBX: Ahm &#8230; let me see &#8230; ahm my family members always, which is Nate, Snoop, Daz. Outside the box &#8230; Canibus, that&#8217;s one of my doggs. Jay Z, I wish I could do a song with Jay Z. Over here on this side of the globe, you know Dub C, Ice Cube, Mack 10, if we could get together and do a song. I need to do a song with 50 &#8230; you know what I&#8217;m saying, the DPG &#8211; Unit thing. Man you know, everybody just out here, all my doggs man. I really don&#8217;t really need to work with the names. I don&#8217;t give a fuck about nobodys name. As long you a cool person and you a good artists and we can do some dope music, then I&#8217;m with it.

RawDawgz.net: You mentioned Jay Z. Do you think Jay Z will be back anytime soon?

RBX: If he want&#8217;s to, it&#8217;s not because he needs the money. He would do it for the love. Somebody must brighten the game with a brand new style what never been there before just to challenge Jay Z, probalby he come back out. It&#8217;s like Michael Jordan, you know what I&#8217;m saying. There was nobody that can compete with him so that makes the game boring for him. Hip Hop is the sound competition, and if you aint got nobody who smash with you, then it become &#8230; you know, boring.

RawDawgz.net: Can we expect you on Dr. Dre&#8217;s Detox album?

RBX: I don&#8217;t know. I&#8217;m trying to get in contact with Dr. Dre, but I don&#8217;t really know how to get in contact with him. I&#8217;m trying to get in contact with him. We never had no problems, I used to have problems with the people that work for him, but not Dre himself. I would like to get on the album, it&#8217;s not a problem.

RawDawgz.net: You used to be signed on Aftermath, what went wrong?

RBX: What went wrong was, at the time I was &#8230; ahm I still was like gangbang and all that shit and Dre was trying to finish off with it. Been there done that. You know I left Death Row, so I was going to ride on Suge motherfuckin ass and drop &#8216;Fuck Suge&#8217; and Dre was like: Nah. It was not personal.

RawDawgz.net: What are your thoughts about the old Death Row days?

RBX: Fuck &#8216;em!

RawDawgz.net: Whats your oppinion about Kurupt going back to Death Row?

RBX: No comment.

RawDawgz.net: What about Kokane?

RBX: No comment.

RawDawgz.net: Where do you see yourself in like 5 years?

RBX: On the top of the game. I&#8217;ll be out big, there are going to be some changes. I actually thinking in the next 5 years I might get &#8230; ahm &#8230; a new wife. *loughs* Cut that shit out *loughs*. I&#8217;m actually trying to do some commercial stuff, for soda or shit. I wanna do something with Disney, to do some cartoons or stuff. Or doing some commercials for big companys &#8230; I don&#8217;t really know yet.

RawDawgz.net: Have you ever thought about a RBX DVD?

RBX: Oh yeah, we working on a RBX DVD. That&#8217;s coming soon, that will be dope. Keep your eyes opend.

RawDawgz.net: Can you give us some more information when it&#8217;s coming? Like summer or winter, or maybe 2005?

RBX: I&#8217;m still working on some stuff, I can&#8217;t propaply speak about it right know but &#8230; ahm &#8230; we started some recording. We did some recording in the studio. It&#8217;s gonna be hot man.

RawDawgz.net: Ok, I&#8217;ll wait for it.

RBX: Yeah I wanna put my time in that. I don&#8217;t wanna put out no cheap shit, I wanna make sure it will be good.

RawDawgz.net: The West Coast got a growing mixtape scene, are you into mixtapes?

RBX: Yeah I&#8217;m on a couple mixtapes and I&#8217;ve been on Snoops all 4. Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Vol. 4. So &#8230; I do it for the love of music and Hip Hop, you dont really get any money out of a mixtape. It&#8217;s just for the love. I&#8217;ve done that to give something back to the hood, to show them that I&#8217;m still down with the hood.

RawDawgz.net: Are there any decisions that you regret in you carrer?

RBX: Yeah there a few decisions I regret. But &#8230; you gotta realise the main reason why I didn&#8217;t blow up is because I was the first one to leave Death Row. I was the only one that left Death Row that time. If I would have stayed a bit longer, I would be bigger. I was on my own.

RawDawgz.net: Do you think Death Row will be back on top one day?

RBX: Who? Death Row? Fuck Death Row. I want them motherfuckas dying, and I want all there artists dying! You know the legacy is been made. You know Suge did some good stuff and a lot of stupid shit. And that&#8217;s what happens, you know what I&#8217;m saying, that tough guy shit played out 1985. I&#8217;m a grown as man, listen, let me clear that up &#8230; I don&#8217;t want all artists to be dead. Some artists on there actually just trying to survive. They didn&#8217;t know nothing about the situation. Suge got a bad vibe. Everywhere he goes there is a problem. The dude got a big black cloud over his head, and would you work with a guy with a black cloud over his head? I think not.

RawDawgz.net: Nah.

RBX: So that&#8217;s all I&#8217;m saying.

RawDawgz.net: What is the most funniest thing that happened to you in your carrer?

RBX: Ahm, the funniest thing. Ahm &#8230; shit nothing. I don&#8217;t know. I don&#8217;t know nothing funny, it&#8217;s all real. I&#8217;m not that type of person. My cousin is allways telling me I shouldn&#8217;t take everything so serious, to mellow out a bit, like I did when I was younger. But I didn&#8217;t remember anything &#8230; OHHH wait a minute, I KNOW SOMETHING. I was perfoming at The Tunnel. I was performing at The Tunnel in New York and I made a wrong move and I put my ass off the stage and fell on my knee, but then nobody see it so I jumped back on the stage. Later we put ice on my knee.

RawDawgz.net: Have you ever thought about a tour in germany?

RBX: I don&#8217;t know, I mean I got love for germany. Give me a possibility and I will be out there.

RawDawgz.net: When Daz drops his So So Def album, he will blow up and you can come with him.

RBX: Yeah that&#8217;s whats up. Who is touring in germany right know?

RawDawgz.net: Luniz are coming, together with Dru Down.

RBX: Yukmouth? I did a song with Yuk. Ey, what you gonna do with the interview? You putting it on the internet?

RawDawgz.net: Yeah I&#8217;ll type it down and translate it, and I&#8217;ll put up the audio.

RBX: That&#8217;s good. Keeps moving records. Promotion for the artist.

RawDawgz.net: Yeah

RBX: Yeah man! Ey, I need to get me something to eat real quik!

RawDawgz.net: Ok, we working on a shop right know and I can sell your album in germany over the shop.

RBX: Yeah, well call me back. Call me back. Like tomorrow or the day after so, you know we can talk about it.

RawDawgz.net: Ok, any last words for the fans?

RBX: Ahm, yeah dogg. Have love for RBX. I&#8217;m going to drop some bombs in a lot of different directions. It&#8217;s gonna be the same, but different &#8230; and respect the music and &#8230; watch out.

RawDawgz.net: That&#8217;s that you took the time for this interview.

RBX: Allright, there is no worrys about.

RawDawgz.net: Allright, I&#8217;ll holla at you later.

RBX: Chhhuuuuuuuuu.

THX II MY MAN PASCAL

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:46:14 AM by Chad Vader »

Chad Vader

News;

Dug up some "old" news that is might still be interesting,if you missed them;
RBX dropping 3 (!!) new records AND he is working with Dr. Dre!!!
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=139689.0
GOOD NEWS!
According to www.aftershock.com the three records are;
1. Unanimous
2. Broken Silence
and
3. Concrete Criminals

As far as I know (from DubCnn) alot of this shit was recorded a year or two ago.
In the interview he did on Damage Control ( www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com ) a month ago,
RBX said he did some tracks with Rob Quest from Odd Squad (Devin's Crew). Not sure where these tracks will appear.

edit;
Yes,it's time for RBX to break the silence and give dubcnn the interview he promised.

RBX Completes "Unanimous" & Aligns With MC Ren (New Album Complete & New Group)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=125132.0
http://www.dubcnn.com/

RBX Completes "Unanimous" & Aligns With MC Ren - November 1, 2006 By : Rud

We have been provided some information regarding RBX and his long awaited album "Unanimous."
The album is now complete and ready to be released via Premed Entertainment, the release date is not yet set however the artwork photo shoot is scheduled for monday and then the process of finalising the product will begin.

In related news that is sure to get the internet craving for some new material, we can exclusively reveal that RBX has aligned with two artists to form a group called Concrete Criminals.

The two in question are Big Rocc from Compton and none other than the "Villain In Black" MC Ren. Word is that the trio are already deep into recording and working on the project and we have been promised the latest information and audio as it is released.

Stay tuned to dubcnn regarding both the Concrete Criminals project and the latest RBX solo offering, "Unanimous."

RBX Is "Unanimous" On Latest Album (Cover, Features? Snoop/DPG/Rage/Nate?)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=119481.0
Check dubcnn for the latest and drop thoughts...

http://www.dubcnn.com/index2.shtml

RBX Is "Unanimous" On Latest Album - September 5, 2006 By : Rud

As we have been exclusively reporting all year RBX has been hard at work on what will be his fifth studio album entitled "Unanimous."

The release is due out later this year, so far 14 tracks are said to have made the possible cut for the retail however nothing is as yet confirmed.

The cover the the left is available now by clicking on it and as you will note lists features on there as being;
Bigg Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Lady Of Rage, Daz, Kurupt, L.T. Hutton and Chag G.

These are as yet unconfirmed by RBX himself or his camp however this was distributed by Premed Entertianment; the label the album will be released on.

Stay tuned to dubcnn for the latest on the album and check the track's we dropped back in March of this year above.

RBX Album News & "Tha Narrator" Forum Now Live
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=116836.0
For people wondering what to expect; RBX and his camp are indicating that it will be along the line of "The RBX Files" where it is almost all just RBX, the album is Executive Produced by RBX and under his full control.
From track one through to the outro it is fully mixed and the release is currently finalsing a distribution deal. You can expect RBX to revisit his "The RBX Files" days on the album cut; "Land Of The Dead."

...anyways for those fans that are interested on RBXs myspace;
http://www.myspace.com/THENARRATORRBX
he put up two tracks Reign and Framework From the Concrete Criminals ....
And concrete criminals does involve MC REN for those that where asking

Big Rocc;
http://www.myspace.com/shacktight

D~Nice

Did that Unanimous ever come out?

Chad Vader

DubCC members RBX reviews;

My quick run down of his Discogs;

The RBX Files

http://www.discogs.com/release/364178

A personal classic,Greg Royal laced RBX with some dark beats for his amargedon lyrics.
I highly recommend this album if you like dark hardcore shit,if you prefer a more G-funk approach this album ainīt for you
4.5/5

Two Videoīs from The RBX files album.
RBX - A.W.O.L. (Dr. Dre diss)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OUCnTJDjpEQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OUCnTJDjpEQ</a>
RBX - Rough Is The Texture
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_KgJLBIJ1DU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_KgJLBIJ1DU</a>

RBX - No Mercy - No Remorse / The X-Factor

http://www.discogs.com/release/450971
An overall dope album,sound consistent,probably because one producer (Polarbear) took care of all the beats.
There is how ever some wak tracks on there (oh no,Gigolo Skalloni and Flatline).
But I choose to overlook them because those wak tracks is the last tracks on the album.
4/5

Ripp The Game Bloody

http://www.discogs.com/release/469351
Itīs pretty tight,dope beats and all but it sound a little thrown together.
3.5/5

The Shining;

http://www.discogs.com/release/469325
Itīs pretty good album,only two bad tracks (california and Dump) but still it lacks that little extra little something.
3/5

1.Broken Silence

Tight intro,dope beat and he comes correct. 4/5
2.Overdue
Niggarachi gives RBX a stereo typical "RBX gangster beat" to rock over. This is how weīre used to hear RBX rock since his Chronic and Doggystyle days. 4/5
3.Streetz
A bit of a change up for RBX,heīs rocking over a fat "Hip Hop beat."
We have already heard RBX rocking over "gangster beats" for over a decade,so welcome this new direction,maybe he should have done his whole album rocking over "Hip Hop beats"? 4/5
4.Echoes of my mind
This sound like a grower,dope beat and all but.... I will let this one grow on me. 3/5
5.Bounce to this
Terrible hook so it fucks up the track,canīt front on the beat but the hook just ruins it. 2/5
6.Free
This track has available in Dubcnnīs audio section for over a year.
Dope beat,but brings nothing new to the table. 3.5/5
7.Never again
Laid back,another grower. 3.5/5
8.The station
A long skit,that donīt fit in on this album. This kind of skit should been saved for a concept album like "The RBX files" 2/5
9.Sing
Well I assume the previous skit was ment as a intro for this track
 Lyrically RBX spit some serious shit,again it donīt fit in on this album,I love this RBX style but itīs misplaced.
The track would work as a filler on a "The RBX files" type of album. 3/5
10.Look into the Eyes
Another terrible hook,the beat is ok and the lyrics is on point,but fuck the hook. 2/5
11.Sunday
Another serious track that he should have saved for a concept album. 3.5/5
12.Stop that
Back to some "Hip Hop" shit again,the features comes correct,nice track. 4/5
13.Sheīs Sexy
Terrible track for RBX to rock over. 1/5
14.Sunshine
Another "old" track that has been available for over a year on Dubcnn front page,not bad but nothing special. 3/5
15.Fiya
He flips the "G thang" sample to some "Hip Hop" shit. 3.5/5
16.The Get Down
What can say,another "Hip Hop" track. 3.5/5

This album leaves me confused,I donīt see/hear no direction.
He explores new territory,trying to rock over "Hip Hop" beats which he does with various luck. Then he have a couple of "gangster tracks" and then he jumps into his serious and conscious side he used on his "The RBX files" album.
So my overall conclusion got to be that this album is unfocused and inconsistent.
My final rating(for now);
3/5

So my final verdict of his discogs;
1.The RBX files. 5/5
2.No Mercy - No Remorse / The X-Factor 4/5
3.Ripp The Game Bloody 3.5/5
4.The Shining 3/5
5.Broken Silence 3/5

That I rank his last album last,donīt mean itīs wak.
But I find it inconsistent,maybe it will grow on me?

RBX files 2,5 / 5
No mercy No remorse 2 / 5
Ripp tha game 2,25 / 5
The Shinning 2,75 / 5
broken silence 3/5

The RBX Files 4.5/5
No Remorse / The X-Factor  4/5
Ripp The Game Bloody 3.5/5
The Shining; 3/5
Broken Silence- 3/5

I see that we look at his discogs pretty different  ;)
Itīs all good,the only one we agree on is his last album.
Altough I think it is his weakest album,I still find it dope.  :P  ;) :laugh:

I found this thread from 2005. Hereīs what some of the other members of dubCC rank his albums;
Best RBX Album?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=95222.0
Someone said that the RBX Files is a classic...
I strongly disagree... No Mercy, No Remorse on the other hand, is a very dope and well-produced album... what do you think?

How would you rank RBX's albums?

The RBX Files
No Mercy, No Remorse
Ripp Tha Game Bloody..
The Shining

mine:

No Mercy, No Remorse
The Shining
The RBX Files
Ripp Tha Game Bloody...

RBX Files
No Mersy,No Remorse

RBX Files is the only good RBX album.

^And you,my friend, are utterly wrong.

RBX-Files is the deepest one, but production-wise it's not allways all that.

No mercy,no remorse has very tight production but it has lost deepness and often borders on somewhat over the top gangsterism, however,it is a good listen.

Ripp da game bloody is the weakest one, being very hit or miss. It has a number of very dope and some very bad tracks.

The Shining is a great album,once again a bit deeper at times and not so all out gangster.

I advise the RBX-fan to check them all out.

i quite like the shining.. its the only RBX album i've listened to more than every once in a while..

No Mercy No Remorse is his best album

I never heard The Shining so I can't comment on that but...

#1 No Mercy No Remorse - 2 EPs put together to form one CD. I like most of these songs and this is the RBX album that has the most replay value.

#2 RBX Files: The only RBX I've heard that sounds like a real album. All the others just sound like a collection of songs. Anyhow, I think this album is pretty dope with a few exceptions.

#3 Ripp tha Game Bloody: Most of the production on this is wack. And most of the guests are wack as well. Has a few good tracks though.

Having said all that RBX is still
a dope lyricist with a dope voice but if I hear him repeat those lines from "High Powered" one more time I'm going to scream.

No mercy no remorse is the shit, and rbx aint neva fell off, he tight as fuck! polarbear killed them trax on no mercy

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:36:57 PM by Chad Vader »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dope thread 8)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
RESPECT for this homie...long over due.

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
props.....does anyone have that rough is the texture remix??

D-Stress

Dope Ass Thread.
X-Files Was A Classic Album."Burn","Tundra" Were THE Tracks With ED Ameng, Madd 1 And DīCipher ;)

Chad Vader

props.....does anyone have that rough is the texture remix??
RBX - Rough Is The Texture / A.W.O.L. http://www.discogs.com/release/520508

Code: [Select]
Tracklisting:
A1 Rough Is The Texture (Album Version) (4:35)
A2 Rough Is The Texture (Album Instrumental) (4:23)
A3 Rough Is The Texture (Acapella) (4:23)
B1 Rough Is The Texture (Whole 9 Funk Remix) (4:12) Remix - Whole 9, The
B2 Rough Is The Texture (Whole 9 Funk Remix Instrumental) (4:08) Remix - Whole 9, The
B3 Rough Is The Texture (Whole 9 Funk Remix Drumapella) (3:56) Remix - Whole 9, The
B4 A.W.O.L. (Gregski Royal Extend Version) (5:54)

Credits: Engineer - Greg Royal (tracks: A1 - A3, B4) , Whole 9, The (tracks: B1 - B3)
Producer, Mixed By - Greg Royal

Nope,so if anyone got it... hook it up  ;)

COMPTONRIDA1

S.A.C featuring RBX - COUNTY JAIL

http://www.myspace.com/strongarmcriminals

Eddz

Thanks for the tracks, RBX Files is a classic. Did RBX ever record a full album while on Deathrow? If so I'd love to hear that ;D

Kilo4

great thread, but whats this mp4 shit?