Author Topic: Why America Is A Great Country  (Read 1347 times)

CWalker187

Re:Why America Is A Great Country
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2002, 10:52:59 AM »
The "poor" in the US are infiinitely better off then the middle class in most other countries. That is a fact.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2002, 03:43:17 PM »
The "poor" in the US are infiinitely better off then the middle class in most other countries. That is a fact.

lol.... i just have to belive that you're kidding, you cant really mean that poor people in usa are reacher than middle class in for example, japan, sweden, norway, denmark, finland, portugal, spain, england, ... ... .... thats just a foolish comment

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2002, 03:51:53 PM »
Many good points were made by Ant.

However, I prefer not to discuss your internal affairs. Your foreign policies are what bother me.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2002, 08:41:16 PM »
Ant you say America's first interest is that of it's people, then you say America doesn't do that much for the poor, which makes up a larger percentage of the USA's population than the rich. So by carrying it's policies of giving tax breaks to the rich and then not returning that money back to those that need it they are not looking out for it's peoples interests (unless your rich). Thus that point is irrelevent or your a hypocrit.

Here is the problem.  If we focus on the poor the overall economy suffers.  That means everyone.  I also showed America does provide for its poor at the expense of society as a whole.  Subsidized living, welfare, and social security (which is not directed at poor) hurt economic efficiency.  

So by doing less for the poor we do more for everyone.  If we redirected our efforts to help the poor, in the short run the poor would benefit but in the long run the whole american economy would not be as better off.  That includes the poor.  

Get the point?   I'm not a hypocrite its just that if you look at the big picture things become more complicated than just right and wrong.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2002, 01:55:41 PM »
Many good points made by Ant.