3 (33.3%)
Average 3/5
1 (11.1%)
Dope 4/5
1 (11.1%)
Classic 5/5
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: ”The review challenge” Episode 6 * dubsmith_nz Challenged Vader to review.....  (Read 441 times)

Chad Vader

”The review challenge” Episode 6 *
dubsmith_nz Challenged Vader to review
Tony Yayo`s Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon

Tony Yayo Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon Interscope records, 2005 Executive Producer: 50 Cent

01. Intro                    
*Intro contains re-created dialogue from the movie "American Me"

No rating

02. Homicide              
Produced by Domingo
*Homicide contains elements from "Los Hombres De Rabia Tambien Lloran" By Danny Rivera

Straight
3/5

03. It Is What It Is (feat. Spider Loc)
Produced by Sebb
Additional production by Eminem

Feeling it,dope beat. The piano and Synth that comes under Spider Loc verse is tight,loving the additions under Yayo´s third verse as well.
3.6/5

04. Tattle Teller        
Produced by Black Jeruz & Sha Money XL
*Tattle Teller samples Sara Smile By Hall & Oates

Cool...
3.2/5

05. So Seductive (feat. 50 Cent)
Produced by Punch

No rating

06. Eastside Westside      
Produced by Focus
*Eastside Westside contains re-sung elements from "Mr. Telephone Man"

It's that gangster shit,it's that rider shit. Focus coming with heat. The hook is so,so....
3.3/5

07. Drama Setter (feat. Eminem & Obie Trice)
Produced by Eminem
Additional production by Jeff Bass & Luis Resto

Feeling this,shit bangs actually.
3.7/5

08. We Don't Give A Fuck (feat. Lloyd Banks, Olivia & 50 Cent)
Produced by Jonathan "J.R." Rotem

No rating

09. Pimpin'                
Produced by L.T. Moe

No rating

10. Curious (feat. Joe)    
Produced by Sam Sneed

No rating

11. I'm So High (feat. Kokane)
Produced by DJ Khalil
Vocals by 50 Cent
*I'm So High samples "Feelings (Albert)" (no artist is named)

No rating

12. Love My Style          
Produced by Megahertz
*Love My Style samples "Tere Mere Beech Mein" (Pyarelal/Bakshi) (no artist is named)

No rating

13. Project Princess (feat. Jagged Edge)
Produced by Focus

No rating

14. G-Shit      
Produced by Ron Browz

No rating

15. I Know You Don't Love Me (feat. 50 Cent, Young Buck & Lloyd Banks)
Produced by Studio 44
*I Know You Don't Love Me samples "Early Ev'ry Morning" By Roberta Flack

Loving the beat... shit bangs
3.6/5

16. Dear Suzie            
Produced by Havoc

No rating

17. Live By The Gun                
Produced by Focus

This shit is fire,on some Dre shit.
4.3/5

Overall;
This album got a lot of hate,but does it deserve it?
Maybe,Tony Yayo´s skills on the MIC is so,so.
Most cats also dismiss him because of his affiliation as 50´s friend,roadie or what not.
I'm one of those cats,and never really paid this album or him much attention.
That said,half of the album is actually pretty good. The beats bangs,the raps.... well... it is what it is.  ;)
Kept 7 out of 16 tracks.
2.5/5

Related links;
House of Pain wikipedia
+
”The review challenge” Episode 1 * D-Nice Challenged Chad Vader to review Delinquent Habits discography
+
”The review challenge” Episode 2 * Chad Vader Challenged D~Nice to review Dubee´s discography
+
Episode 3; Chad Vader & Johnny B´s Mac Mall discogs breakdown
+
”The review challenge” Episode 4 * { E. B. K.} 4 Challenged Chad Vader to review X-Raided´s discogs
+
”The review challenge” Episode 5 * D-Nice Challenged Vader to review House of pain's discography

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:21:31 AM by Vader »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haha I thought you'd like "Live By The Gun" it was originally hyped as a Dre beat as well. Like I said, album gets a lot of unneccesary hate, "Im So High" is cool I reckon, Kokane came correct on the hook, and Khalil on the beat...

I'm guessing by no rating you thought the tracks were straight ass? I agree that most of those club tracks/girl tracks were unneccesary, nobody wants to hear that shit from Yayo, "Curious" did what it set out to do well though in my opinion...

I reckon the albums a 3.5, the production on it just bangs, and Yayo isn't as ass as people say lol...

Good review, props homie +1

Portugoal

Chad, I challenge you to review R. Kelly's Untitled album.

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
One thing's  fo sho, the album got beats that are straight fire
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm guessing by no rating you thought the tracks were straight ass?

So to be honest with you,I did NOT go trough the WHOLE album,only the tracks I got in rotation.
Which means;
That those with NO RATING is tracks that I deleted from my playlist when I imported the album into itunes.
I delete everything below average (3) IMO.  ;)

But how do you know to delete them if you haven't listened to them? Producers/Features/Song Name?

You should listen to G Shit, it's vintage gutter Ron Browz, not new school auto tune Browz, more Ether Ron Browz, and Dear Suzie is about a stalker who writes him in jail, was quite a cool concept really, dope beat from Havoc too...

Chad Vader

So to be honest with you,I did NOT go trough the WHOLE album,only the tracks I got in rotation.
Which means;
That those with NO RATING is tracks that I deleted from my playlist when I imported the album into itunes.

But how do you know to delete them if you haven't listened to them? Producers/Features/Song Name?

I imported the album (into itunes) a while ago.... so I picked out the tracks I liked at the time.
So you can say I only revisited it now.  ;)

You should listen to G Shit, it's vintage gutter Ron Browz,
not new school auto tune Browz, more Ether Ron Browz, and Dear Suzie is about a stalker who writes him in jail,
was quite a cool concept really, dope beat from Havoc too...

both sounds cool... I dig the album out from my external HD,and give them another shot.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Which means;

So how can you get a feel of an album if you do not listen to it thoroughout?

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Which means;

I never said anything about the feel of the album,did I?

But isn't that very important when reviewing an album?

kemizt

Leggy Hendrix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Chad Vader

Which means;

I never said anything about the feel of the album,did I?

But isn't that very important when reviewing an album?

yeah... went a little half ass on this one,as I kinda knew the album from before.
Don't really think my opinion on those tracks has changed.
Maybe the tracks fit the album concept,maybe not  :P
If you guys say they did,I take your word for it.

Jaydc

Meh this here is exactly I hold no weight to vaders reviews and could care less about them.Some of my favorite songs of all time are songs I didnt like on the first couple listens.And this guys deletes songs after one listen then bumps the album like that.That is not how music was meant to be listened to.

People always complain about artists not making albums instead making random songs thrown together,well sadly thats how this ipod generation listens to music,as does vader.They pick out the songs that stand out first listen and delete everything else without letting it grow.

Same reason all the good television shows get cancelled,because the good ones are ones you have to watch more then one episode of and see the growth,then quick fix shows like csi are popular.

Chad Vader

yeah... went a little half ass on this one,as I kinda knew the album from before.
Maybe the tracks fit the album concept,maybe not  :P
If you guys say they did,I take your word for it.

Meh this here is exactly I hold no weight to Vader's reviews and could care less about them.
Some of my favorite songs of all time are songs I didn't like on the first couple listens.
And this guys deletes songs after one listen then bumps the album like that.
That is not how music was meant to be listened to.

Agreed,note that I said;  ;)

People always complain about artists not making albums instead making random songs thrown together,
well sadly thats how this ipod generation listens to music,as does Vader.
They pick out the songs that stand out first listen and delete everything else without letting it grow.

True... I admitted that I didn't really pay this album too much attention;
Most cats also dismiss him because of his affiliation as 50´s friend,roadie or what not.
I'm one of those cats,and never really paid this album or him much attention.

I rather let for example a artist like Scarface albums grow on me.  ;)
Tony Yayo is still just a;
50´s friend,roadie or what not.
in my eyes  ;)

Same reason all the good television shows get cancelled,
because the good ones are ones you have to watch more than one episode of and see the growth,then quick fix shows like csi are popular.

agreed;
sadly thats how this ipod generation
consume shit  ;)

So;
G Unit = "the quick fix" I really don't care too much about  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:49:30 PM by Vader »

Jaydc

Alright since its tony yayo ill let it slide,THIS TIME VADER!haha.No good job responding,I like to attack people to see how they respond.Its the best way to determine quality posters.Even though are tastes are different as is everyones,you sir are a good poster.

As far as this album goes,its surpised me that it was actually good.Live by the gun is probably the best beat focus has ever made and anyone would sound hot on it.But Yayo voice on it is actually good,because he reigns in his perfomances and sounds like a rapper instead of a hypeman.Their was another song on the last g unit album,i beleive the last song on the album that he did this with great results

Chad Vader

Alright since its tony yayo ill let it slide,THIS TIME VADER! haha.
No.....
You meant good,right?
-----good job responding,I like to attack people to see how they respond.
Its the best way to determine quality posters.
Even though are tastes are different as is everyones,you sir are a good poster.

;D

As far as this album goes,its surprised me that it was actually good.
Live by the gun is probably the best beat focus has ever made and
anyone would sound hot on it.

:laugh: :laugh:
Ohh,well... It's cold out there (Slim The Mobster) is ill too  ;)
Even though it's not confirmed that Focus did the beat,it might as well be Dre... for all we know  :P :P ;)

But Yayo voice on it is actually good,because he reigns in his performances and sounds like a rapper instead of a hypeman.
Their was another song on the last g unit album,i believe the last song on the album that he did this with great results

"Money Makes the World Go Round"?
It's alright...

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Money Makes The World Go Round was dope in my opinion, like most rappers, Yayo has some sick performances every now and then. Duke was so hyped before he dropped his album that people kind of expected too much I reckon, he was meant to be iller than Banks when he was locked up lol. He did have some hype verses on his early ish though