Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3713 times)

Sccit

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUOdO5dqPeU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jUOdO5dqPeU</a>

can u respect Snoop for doin these typa pop songs n keepin his name big, or do u think he's a bitchmade sellout? i think it's just Snoop bein Snoop...dude has been all about the money since day 1, so nothin he does really surprises me.

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
I dont like those type of songs..but snoop is a very smart person and a businessman..i mean look at him, all his singles, features etc are major projects and always hits ..like i said before i dont like them, but i wouldnt call him a sellout or fake etc..and u know why ?

because snoop still drops the most gangsta videos in the business...look at how many videos he dropped for doggumentary..then he has his snopp episode or TV whatever its called and all this other studio, rehersal footage etc....nobody drops as much videos as him besides the lawz..hes just a businessman and he is smart for that to take that opportunity and make money while those artists (kate parry, guetta etc) are still hot.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

yes, Snoo Dogg is a fuckin sellout,

i like his song wit the armenian guy tho

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this video is alot better than dancing with gummi bears........what in the world was he thinking dancing with gummi bears?

"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
This way of thinking is over...
The Hip-Hop/R&B/Pop crossover factor over the years has already been done to death.
(I didn't think people still cared about who Feat: with who...)

Definite my Vote: money motivates, handle biz

Triple OG Rapsodie

How is Snoop a sellout? A sellout is someone who goes against their principles for money. Snoop has never had the principle of being strictly hardcore gangsta rap. A sellout is someone like Common.

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
How is Snoop a sellout? A sellout is someone who goes against their principles for money. Snoop has never had the principle of being strictly hardcore gangsta rap. A sellout is someone like Common.

snoop worked wit icp for cryin out loud

if that aint sellin out what is
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

Triple OG Rapsodie

snoop worked wit icp for cryin out loud

if that aint sellin out what is

"Selling out" is the compromising of (or the perception of compromising) integrity, morality, or principles in exchange for money or "success."

Snoop can't compromise principles he doesn't have.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Snoop has never had the principle of being strictly hardcore gangsta rap.

lol, so in the 90's you saw this coming? Snoop was doing gangsta rap for over a decade & when gangsta rap wasn't cool anymore he switched his style. He sold out.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
snoop is all about his paper....

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
snoop dont listen to eminem cuz he aint gangsta
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:34 PM »
snoop dont listen to eminem cuz he aint gangsta

retard.

h2k4

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
I don't think he sold out.  He's been doing this kind of music for a while now.  He's past him prime and is branching out to keep his name out there.

Elkoizm

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 03:07:22 AM »
I don't think he sold out.  He's been doing this kind of music for a while now.  He's past him prime and is branching out to keep his name out there.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)