Author Topic: What You Know About Dom Kennedy????  (Read 968 times)

Spoonie Luv

What You Know About Dom Kennedy????
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »

It Seems to me that everyone is sleeping on him as i havent seen any threads about him or his music and he is dope as fuck. He is flying under the radar and it seems that no new artist from the west will get looked at unless they get a stamp or a co-sign from Dr Dre or Snoop and thats pretty fucked up.
Well Dom has been featured on the DPGC'ology / Too Short's Tresspass and various other artist to include Kendrick Lamar so what tha fuck lol

Anyways here is my attempt to give some exposure to LA's own Dom Kennedy and try to open your horizens to some fresh new westcoast music for all you stuck in the 90's deathrow /g-funk Euro suburbian fuckheads who stay sucking on dre's dick even tho he aint putting out no new shit and probably never will (solo albums)

My Summer anthem for 2012
We Ball - Feat Kendrick Lamar

I made a lil mixtape of Dom Kennedy of some of my Favorite tracks to showcase what his style and flow is. He is not the most lyrical rapper but he flows tight and raps about LA shit. if you live in LA than you can relate.
EDIT: Updated Mixtape with new tracks

01 - We Ball Feat Kendrick Lamar (Prod By Chase N Cashe)
02 - My Type Of Party (Prod By DJ Dahi)
03 - Don t Call Me Feat Too Hort (Prod By THC)
04 - 1 25 (Prod By DrewByrd)
05 - P H (Prod By DJ Dahi)
06 - WORK
07 - JUDGEMENT DAY
08 - Platinum Chanel
09 -  When I Come Around
10 - I Love Dom
11  - Mr Champagne Intermission
12 - Of All Time feat BJ The Chicago Kid
13 - Playas Punch
14 -  Ice Cream Truck
15 - 1997
16 - 2mph Feat Big K.R.I.T.
17 - Watermelon Sundae
18 - On The Way Home

http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/38133433/file.html

Check out all of Dom Kennedy's Mixtapes here
http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-search.php?criteria=Dom+kennedy&x=3&y=7
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:26:00 AM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
Re: What You Know About Dom Kennedy????
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
You need 1:25 on this!

RxScenester

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • cold chillen
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
Yeah I agree with People on here being stuck and that's why I don't even mention Dom.  But yeah he's not lyrical BUT he sounds DOPE!  Add OPM & When I come around to that list.  Yellow Album grew on me.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »
I noticed only LA heads replied so far, but yea all those songs  you guys mentioned are dope too and there's plenty more, I just wanted to make a small ep and eventually became 14 tracks. This forum is straight up stuck on dpg and dre and cant even branch out. Fuckem it's their loss but it's shame they can't expand their west coast music.

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
Propz for the drop but you should include "1997" on your tape - that track and the whole "From Westside With Love" is str8 fire 8)

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »
If you guys wanna share some YouTube links of your fav Dom Kennedy  tracks then go ahead , school these guys to some Dom Kennedy but you guys are right, those tracks are dope too.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »
Here's a link to most of his mix tapes with the yellow tape being his latest one.
Last year he dropped from west side with love II an official release around the same time as section 80 and jay rocks follow me home. I found my self listening to Kennedy's album more and thought he had some potential. Don't sleep y'all.

http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-search.php?criteria=Dom+kennedy&x=3&y=7

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
I've tried talking about some of the newer west coast acts on here, but it appears a lot of the members here have held onto the hope of G-funk making a return 7 years longer than I have. Even Crooked I fans still exist here.*

*Yes, I know that's a picture of Sly Boogy as my avatar. haha

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »
Im from Europe, and im fuckin with all the New West (Black Hippy,Dom,Nip...etc. etc.) been listening to Dom since i first heard 1997 (2 years ago ??). Every Dom tape sofar was banging with the exception of Yellow tape, for some reason i dont like it as much as the stuff that came before it.
The most paradoxal thing is that Dom basicly makes G-Funk music with a 2010s twist to it. He reminds me alot of a young Kanye West when it comes to his rapping style (am i the only one??).

P.S. my fav track would be Grindn

Mietek23

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
In my opinion there's nothing wrong with making G-Funk music nowadays - just because it ain't popping right now dosen't mean you can't make those type of records. If it bangs - go for it!

Any yes, I agree - Dom has a good amount of tracks with that twisted 2012 G-Funk flava all over it 8)

Good music is good music, no matter if it's G-Funk or New West - just enjoy what's coming out of those speakers 8)

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
Im from Europe, and im fuckin with all the New West (Black Hippy,Dom,Nip...etc. etc.) been listening to Dom since i first heard 1997 (2 years ago ??). Every Dom tape sofar was banging with the exception of Yellow tape, for some reason i dont like it as much as the stuff that came before it.
The most paradoxal thing is that Dom basicly makes G-Funk music with a 2010s twist to it. He reminds me alot of a young Kanye West when it comes to his rapping style (am i the only one??).

P.S. my fav track would be Grindn

thats whuts up playa, yeah i can see that g-funk 2012 twist in there and at the same time some more kendrick lamar section 80 type beats, (i dont know how to classified that) know what im sayin?

spread the word playa, Dom Kennedy
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:44:02 PM by 187_skillz »

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
i love Dom Kennedy... he reminds me of Curren$y in the way that he's nothing extraordinary but has a strong presence and is laid back as fuck. i've played from westside wit love II a lot in my car this year. platinum chanel is my shit 8)

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »
#1 that's a stupid rap name

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »
Y'all already know I fucks with Dom Kennedy.  That nigga's instrumental-game be somethin serious

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
art put me up on dom thru his mixes