Author Topic: Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks  (Read 1871 times)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
So I'm not the biggest Drake fan in the world, but I'm starting to think he get's way more hate than he should.  He has put out a solid body of work, and I think it's time for folks to appreciate the dude a bit.  If you have a particular reason why you don't like his shit, that's cool but it seems to me he's just a easy guy to hate on, when I think it's undeserved.  So help me out.  Why do you hate, or like Drake?  Because even if you don't like or pay attention to him he is one of the 5 biggest names in rap the past few years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drake- not as bad as everyone thinks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
I can enjoy songs by him. The only time by bashing of any of those artists comes out is when you compare them to actually great rappers. Drake's definitely entertaining though; I bumped his last two albums consistently when they dropped. Gets old eventually though.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
the ONLY thing praise-worthy about this emosexual is that he supports battle rap to the fullest.  i.e. paying for battles to happen.

but as a music artist?  dude is horrible......in my opinion.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
 Must admit i've heard very little of dude. His verse on Kendricks album nothing special though and i think first time i heard him he had shit loads of big features on the track, can't remember how he held up.

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »
I can enjoy songs by him. The only time by bashing of any of those artists comes out is when you compare them to actually great rappers. Drake's definitely entertaining though; I bumped his last two albums consistently when they dropped. Gets old eventually though.

yes exactly.

drake gets too much hate, dude has skills and is far from horrible. that being said he is a bit annoying but as cham said he's entertaining. a lot of peeps hate for the wrong reasons.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:49:24 PM »
not surprised at all that the homie Cham likes Drake  ;D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »
There's not much Hip Hop I really can't stand. Some Southern shit I can't listen to. But if it's bangin', I fuck with it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
He has too many songs oriented towards females for me to take him seriously. I also dislike his singing.

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:33:08 PM »
He has too many songs oriented towards females for me to take him seriously. I also dislike his singing.

good points

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 10:57:17 PM »
I think his singing is mediocre at best and annoying in general, and since that's such a big part of his act it's hard for me to enjoy his music. His voice in general just annoys me too. I will say that I have heard a few clever punchlines from him, but what I've heard is pretty cheesy overall. I also just get sick of the hype around a dude that I just see as mediocre. People want to talk about him like he's this amazing rapper, and that's obviously not his fault, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't make me find him even more annoying.

doggfather

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
no he is worse than that...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yL-mT2Rm28k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yL-mT2Rm28k</a>

See I've got no problem with this kind of Drake.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 04:20:53 AM »
I think his singing is mediocre at best and annoying in general, and since that's such a big part of his act it's hard for me to enjoy his music. His voice in general just annoys me too.

thats it for me. He just irritates, I can live with him on the odd hook and the odd feature. But I would actually go insane if I had to listen to a whole albums worth.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 06:43:22 AM »
he's not bad in small doses...I rather listen to him than Wayne or Nicki but that's not saying much

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
his voice can be pretty annoying and robot sounding, but that new song "5am in Toronto" was pretty tight