Author Topic: Dubcnn: We Got The Internet Going Nuts! But Why?  (Read 888 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dubcnn: We Got The Internet Going Nuts! But Why?
« on: January 02, 2006, 05:21:22 AM »
www.dubcnn.com - its bigger, its better and...its back

Panic Over? The panic has not yet begun. Now we have your full attention dubcnn.com wishes to open your eyes to a new era, a different league - a whole new level of Westcoast Hip-Hop promotion.

Firstly let me address the "RIAA takeover," to our loyal and steadfast following we apologise wholeheartedly for the period of doubt, uncertainty and questioning. As you will now be aware it was false, a media blackout and a hype and buzz cloak to enable us to implement what now stands before you...the new dubcnn.com. For those that talked derogatorily about us during the process let me make it very clear; we saw, we noted and we inevitably ignored. Dubcnn is and always has been a reliable, quoted source of music news and a reputable, respected Media Outlet, the music we provide to our readership comes from its source - the artists, producers and labels. Remember, before its on MTV, its on dubcnn.

Inevitably we will attract the proverbial haters, but first and foremost dubcnn has a mission; and we will continue to strive towards the goals we set at the beginning and we welcome on board all artists, labels, companies and of course fans that wish to contribute in a positive way.

In September 2002 we launched with little content and a simplistic design yet with bucket-loads of intent, passion and a dedicated forum of fans of the genre waiting for an outlet to provide reliable news and information. Since then we have achieved many of the goals we outlined at the start however others we still must move forwards to meet. Today marks the fruition of much hard work and planning. We have an incredible new design which allows us to offer more content in a clearer layout, thus improving the visitor experience.

As part of this evolution we here at dubcnn.com are proud to announce a merger which will see the foundations of internet based journalism shook to the core. Many of you will be firmly familiar with the name Lil Jay and an organisation known as Westcoast2K. For those of you that are not, Westcoast2K has been around since 1999 working on promoting Westcoast hip-hop to the then limited internet audience, it was one of the first professional trendsetting websites of the genre and influenced many that have come since its inception; to say today is groundbreaking is an understatement. Yes the hype is real, the merger fact; Dubcnn & Westcoast2K are now officially one and the same, the two largest and most popular news outlets have merged to form a media network which will further establish itself a the premier source of news, audio, interviews, editorials and reviews for the Westcoast Hip-Hop scene.

We wish to welcome Lil Jay to dubcnn.com and look forward to 2006, a year in which we will move the boundaries and raise the bar at which internet based journalism is set, in pursuit of creating the complete online magazine experience.

Normal news and media services will resume later today.

enjoy.

rud

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

Re: Dubcnn: We Got The Internet Going Nuts! But Why?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 05:23:02 AM »

wooo!... lil jay did the design btw ya'll.. .. and they been working on this for what feels like a year... jay is now publicly staff.. as he has been behind the scenes for a while!

coola

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 05:27:45 AM »
doesnt surprise me that you linked up... kinda did the math  8)

coola

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:30:07 AM »
btw looks dope  8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 05:30:49 AM »
doesnt surprise me that you linked up... kinda did the math  8)

true, called this a little while ago.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 05:34:09 AM »
^ yeah i saw :)

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »
finally :P

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 05:37:22 AM »
Hellow
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

'EclipZe

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 05:38:19 AM »

new lay out looks fucking doooopeee !
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 05:43:59 AM by EclipZe »

ABN

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 05:40:21 AM »
damn y´all had me a lil worried coz i´ve been a pretty big contributor to the spot :P shit looks dope, now the only thing dubcnn.com needs to step it up on is the reviews 8)

Smoke

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 05:41:54 AM »
hey on new site there is a video section but nobody works... :-\

Intriago33

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 05:45:04 AM »
Nice design, real crisp.

Look forward to 2006, and hopefully attending some events in the UK.

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 05:46:26 AM »
^ if see the last part of the update our media section is down and will be back soon..

1) the forum,
2) dubcnn main news page
3) dubcnn media (dubcnm)

are all hosted on different servers to slow the effect of outages

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 05:50:58 AM »
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Intriago33

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 05:54:41 AM »
When the shop is up, will the albums/tapes be shipped from the UK? or from US?