Author Topic: season half over.... how is your team doing in the new NHL?  (Read 258 times)

WestCoasta

season half over.... how is your team doing in the new NHL?
« on: January 15, 2006, 12:57:41 AM »
how's your team doin and what do you think gonna happen in the playoffs?

the Kings are in 5th place... hopefully then can pass Dallas and get some home-ice shit.... I like their chances....

what do you think about in the West and the East Conferences?

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: season half over.... how is your team doing in the new NHL?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 01:02:28 AM »
canucks in 8th i believe,, canadiens wouldnt make the playoffs if they started tomorrow :'( :'( :-[

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »
rangers in 5th place in the east, 2nd atlantic, but only 6 points out of first place in the nhl which is also the division leader, Philadelphia Flyers (who are tied with ottawa in the east and detroit in the west).  I think that the rangers wont have a problem taking over Philly for the division lead.  And hopefully the NHL lead.

I can see the Rangers winning the Presidents trophy, along with the stanley cup.

But as of up to now, being 12 games over 500.  Having an emerging number one goalie in Lundqvist.  All we gotta do is fucking get rid of Weekes and tell renny to stop playing his ass.  Renney is actually emerging as an amazing coach, who has revitalized the smoldering rangers, and should be given Jack Adams considerations.  Who wouldve known that Peter Prucha wouldve emerged scoring 21 goals while only playing 39 games.  The last rangers rookie that had over 20 goals was Mike York with 26, Prucha being only halfway through the season should net at least 30-35 goals this season easily.

Jagr is on pace to win the Art Ross and is easily a contender for the Richard Trophy.  Hes the leader on this team and has the ability to take the game into his hands.

I dont know how i am regarding the new shootout rule.  I like it its fun and exciting, but i am confused as how it just takes away the team element of the game.  Its a team game.  In basketball, if its tied after overtime, do they take the 3 best players and line up for foul shots. No, cause that wouldnt be right/fair.  Its pretty entertaining, but also pretty absurd.

The no red line is fucking beautiful.  Ive seen so many more breakaways, and so many play makers are now able to make plays.  Referreing has been so inconsistent this season.  Its sporadic. 

All in all I think this is the Rangers year.  We will be at least in the Eastern Confrence finals.  But i feel that we will be meeting up with VANCOUVER for the cup once again.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 01:40:42 PM »
well, i dont wanna talk about the canucks..but lets talk about this man

Alexander Ovechkin

This russian is fuckin nuts...Not only does he score..HE FUCKIN HITS TOO. This kid will be the greatest russian to ever play in the NHL.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »
^yup, ovechkin is wicked.. i think hes better than crosby... people say "yes but ovechkin is old than crosby" oh fucking well... look who Sidney plays with (Lemuiex, Palfy, Recchi) all proven good players.. then u look @ washington... ovechkin is the whole team..

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »
Ovechkin ?> Crosby

my Avs are struggling this year. hejduks been slow to come back to form. sakic is still remarkeably consistent

avs are hangin around the bottom of the playoff pool. but i think the second half will be much stronger

they finishin 4-5th
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

herpes

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »
what ekardz said

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 03:29:19 PM »
I've pretty much given up on the Bruins so im going for the Senators now

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
Well Montreal is out of the playoffs for the moment, but if we win 3 games in a row, we are 6th in the Eastern conference and with the new coaching staff, we can do it. We are facing good team this week ( Dallas, Calgary? and Canucks) but we beat the Sharks 6-2, lost to the Avs 1-2 and beat Ottawa 5-2 ( I think) so we are "back on track" .

With the new rules, we can use our speed and score more goals with our young players who had to play defense but now we are using our speed more and more so we should make the playoffs but there's a lot of amazing teams we are competing with ( Rangers, Ottawa, Trashers, Huricanes)

The reffing plain sucks. They are fair but wayyy too impredictable because they are inconsistent