Author Topic: NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND should bring back the NBA Rookie Game...  (Read 1039 times)

acbaylove

Re: NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND should bring back the NBA Rookie Game...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 10:59:25 AM »
That'd be one hot ticket... 8)

Yeah. And a +300 points win by the Rookies.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 11:18:02 AM »

Who knows? The legends could mentally destroy them. Magic could run a slowed-down half court offense, and he still plays basketball, it's not like he's 70. We know Malone, Robinson, Rodman, Reggie, Stockton, and Jordan can still play, they barely retired a couple years back and were playing at a high level when they did...Barkely wanted to make a comeback 2 years ago, Hakeem can still play, Pippen only retired from injuries, I dunno if Isaiah Thomas, James Worthy, and Dominque Wilkins can still play, but they're not THAT old. The only real problem I see is Kareem Abdul-Jabar. He's old and would probably only be able to play 10 mins max. I know he can still sky-hook over muthafuckaz (he's been teaching Bynum), but he'd probably be slow as hell running back down on defense. I'd start him just for the honor and to see him sky-hook over some rookies, then sit him down and bring D. Robinson in. Larry Bird, as well, he currently looks like he'd have a heart attack running the court, but I'd play him 10-15 minutes max, let him get some touches from downtown, and sit him out...I think the legends wouldn't let themselves go out easy, remember, basketball is just as much mental as it is physical...PeACe

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 05:10:24 PM »
Nate Robinson has been invited to the dunk comp! woop woop

league will be announcing it next week officially...

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »

Who knows? The legends could mentally destroy them. Magic could run a slowed-down half court offense, and he still plays basketball, it's not like he's 70. We know Malone, Robinson, Rodman, Reggie, Stockton, and Jordan can still play, they barely retired a couple years back and were playing at a high level when they did...Barkely wanted to make a comeback 2 years ago, Hakeem can still play, Pippen only retired from injuries, I dunno if Isaiah Thomas, James Worthy, and Dominque Wilkins can still play, but they're not THAT old. The only real problem I see is Kareem Abdul-Jabar. He's old and would probably only be able to play 10 mins max. I know he can still sky-hook over muthafuckaz (he's been teaching Bynum), but he'd probably be slow as hell running back down on defense. I'd start him just for the honor and to see him sky-hook over some rookies, then sit him down and bring D. Robinson in. Larry Bird, as well, he currently looks like he'd have a heart attack running the court, but I'd play him 10-15 minutes max, let him get some touches from downtown, and sit him out...I think the legends wouldn't let themselves go out easy, remember, basketball is just as much mental as it is physical...PeACe

yeah, the rookies could run and gun. But that would be their ONLY chance. Plus, like u said the mental side. Some of these guys would be in awe.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
The rookie game should be brought back.

For a while they were tossing around the idea of doing an NBA allstar vs. World allstar, don't know if that is still on the table or not, but it could be interesting.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »
Nate Robinson has been invited to the dunk comp! woop woop

league will be announcing it next week officially...

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »
^^^ I wouldn't bet against him that's for sure

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 08:05:51 PM »
The rookie game should be brought back.

For a while they were tossing around the idea of doing an NBA allstar vs. World allstar, don't know if that is still on the table or not, but it could be interesting.

That would be interesting...They just need to get away from this rookies vs. sophmores BS. I'd even prefer to see D-League All-Stars vs. NBA Rookies...Whatever they do though, they need to switch it up and bring some excitement back to All-Star Weekend...

ecrazy

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 10:59:57 PM »
hey touchy mcgee, dont get all offended and butthurt, but Rodman AINT (<<watch u correct me on this) retired. he plays for the Tijuana Dragons Of the ABA
http://www.dragonestijuana.com/

he played over here not so long ago in Azusa. he scored 3 points and 12 rebounds
his team sucks balls though

I just thought you would like to know while your making your Legends vs. Rookies Roster
dont get mad now

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 11:12:28 PM »
hey touchy mcgee, dont get all offended and butthurt, but Rodman AINT (<<watch u correct me on this) retired. he plays for the Tijuana Dragons Of the ABA

he played over here not so long ago in Azusa. he scored 3 points and 12 rebounds

I just thought you would like to know while your making your Legends vs. Rookies Roster
dont get mad now

lol@ the Tijuana dragons. Theyre garbage. Consider Rodman retired  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2006, 11:33:42 AM »

dont get mad now

Already knew that, buddy...He's been tryna make a come-back to the NBA ever since Dallas cut him. Magic Johnson still plays with the Harlem Globetrotter's once in a while, does that mean he's ineligible for my list also? LOL. Get the fuck out outta here...

PS...Don't get it twisted, I've never corrected you, only called out your idiocy...

ecrazy

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 12:42:10 PM »

dont get mad now

Already knew that, buddy...He's been tryna make a come-back to the NBA ever since Dallas cut him. Magic Johnson still plays with the Harlem Globetrotter's once in a while, does that mean he's ineligible for my list also? LOL. Get the fuck out outta here...

PS...Don't get it twisted, I've never corrected you, only called out your idiocy...
LMAO @ you still with hurt feelings, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
all i did was point out something to you, no need to get all butt hurt, lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »

dont get mad now

LOL. And what did I do? Point something ELSE out to YOU. Do you have ANY sort of logic behind your statements, or do you just type on instinct? Part of being a human is being able to control what you say, not that you qualify... :-X

ecrazy

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2006, 06:57:20 PM »

dont get mad now

LOL. And what did I do? Point something ELSE out to YOU. Do you have ANY sort of logic behind your statements, or do you just type on instinct? Part of being a human is being able to control what you say, not that you qualify... :-X
what are you talking about? hahahahahahahaha
its obvious your angry and hate me with all your guts with all the raw emotion in your post, im just POINTING THIS OUT TO YOU! relax touchy mcgee....lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2006, 07:02:25 PM »

dont get mad now

what are you talking about? hahahahahahahaha
its obvious your angry and hate me with all your guts with all the raw emotion in your post, im just POINTING THIS OUT TO YOU! relax touchy mcgee....lol

Raw emotion in MY posts? LOL. And where in my posts can this "raw emotion" be found?

LOL@this is coming from the guy who goes "HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!" instead of a simple "LOL"...The guy who cried to WCC after being destroyed by Jamal. I bet you still have nightmares about Krondon... :-*