Author Topic: Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)  (Read 1239 times)

The Watcher

Re: Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »
1. Mallrats Occurs
2. Clerks Occurs
3. Chasing Amy Occurs
4. Dogma Occurs
5. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back Occur

check the booklet that comes with the chasing amy dvd;

Mallrats takes place on Friday
Clerks takes place on the following Saturday
Chasing Amy is 2 years after Clerks
Dogma takes place about two weeks to a month after Chasing Amy based on the graphic novel that explains how it is the Jay and Silent Bob got to IL.

http://www.teamoverkill.com/askew/history/timeline.htm
http://www.teamoverkill.com/askew/history/timeline2.htm

in J&SBSB it might look like the movie takes place the same time as Clerks .. but there was no restraining order in Clerks since Jay & Silent Bob are seen at night at the store, and Dante and Randall are in different clothes so its pretty much coincidence that Dante is stuck at work again and those "savages" jammed gum in the locks, again .. to me it looks like it takes place a few years later than the previous 4 movies ..for our references we have Jay referring to God as "She" (Dogma), and they save Suzanne the ape (Chasing Amy). The only other references are that Holden sold to Bankey "years ago" (Chasing Amy), and Brody has a poster hanging up about leaving the "Tonight Show" and the line "Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?" (Mallrats)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:36:37 PM by The Watcher »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 10:11:47 AM »
1. Mallrats Occurs
2. Clerks Occurs
3. Chasing Amy Occurs
4. Dogma Occurs
5. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back Occur

check the booklet that comes with the chasing amy dvd;

Mallrats takes place on Friday
Clerks takes place on the following Saturday
Chasing Amy is 2 years after Clerks
Dogma takes place about two weeks to a month after Chasing Amy based on the graphic novel that explains how it is the Jay and Silent Bob got to IL.

http://www.teamoverkill.com/askew/history/timeline.htm
http://www.teamoverkill.com/askew/history/timeline2.htm

in J&SBSB it might look like the movie takes place the same time as Clerks .. but there was no restraining order in Clerks since Jay & Silent Bob are seen at night at the store, and Dante and Randall are in different clothes so its pretty much coincidence that Dante is stuck at work again and those "savages" jammed gum in the locks, again .. to me it looks like it takes place a few years later than the previous 4 movies ..for our references we have Jay referring to God as "She" (Dogma), and they save Suzanne the ape (Chasing Amy). The only other references are that Holden sold to Bankey "years ago" (Chasing Amy), and Brody has a poster hanging up about leaving the "Tonight Show" and the line "Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?" (Mallrats)

I dunno, I think you're wrong. There are so many references in the movie pointing towards it being the same day...Randall IS wearing his CCCP hockey jersey. And why would the shutters still be jammed with the same sign out front? In "Clerks", Dante said they were getting the shutters replaced Tuesday, which means "Jay & Silent Bob" should occur between Saturday and Tuesday...I think the references to "Chasing Amy" and "Dogma" were just inside jokes within the movie...Who knows though.

The Watcher

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »
it's between a month and a year after, i have an interview here with kevin smith somewhere where he says the timeline .. everything is like it says in the chasing amy dvd, but dogma & jay & silent bob strike back weren't out yet .. but the timeline is right
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:37:51 PM by The Watcher »
- celph titled

- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »
it's between a month and a year after, i have an interview here with kevin smith somewhere where he says the timeline .. everything is like it says in the chasing amy dvd, but dogma & jay & silent bob strike back weren't out yet .. but the timeline is right

Well, without the interview (or some sort of proof that it's not the same day), I don't really know what to believe...But based on what I saw, it looks to me like it's a continuation of "Clerks"... Post up the interview, or timeline, or whatever, and maybe I'll change my mind...PeACe

The Watcher

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 03:07:24 PM »
check out the two urls i had in my last post, there's also a timeline on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View_Askew_Timeline
- celph titled

- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »
check out the two urls i had in my last post, there's also a timeline on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View_Askew_Timeline

Well, put it this way, I much rather hear it from Kevin Smith or a cast/crew member...

The Watcher

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »
Excerpted from the View Askewniverse Tenth Anniversery Almanac-

"You can try to figure it out (I've spent the last year trying to do so; that's why I'm so late on Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do and Daredevil: Target... I swear), but it's about as confusing as Holden(McNeil)'s three-way proposal: Mallrats comes before Clerks, the third issue of Chasing Dogma repeats a version of itself in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and the Clerks Cartoon doesn't even count (except Bear is Driving - he rules us all). Best just to offer it all to God and let Her it out while you kick back and enjoy the witty dialogue and ass-fucking jokesthat are the spine of most View Askew productions"

Kevin Smith October 25 2003
- celph titled

- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
Excerpted from the View Askewniverse Tenth Anniversery Almanac-

"You can try to figure it out (I've spent the last year trying to do so; that's why I'm so late on Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do and Daredevil: Target... I swear), but it's about as confusing as Holden(McNeil)'s three-way proposal: Mallrats comes before Clerks, the third issue of Chasing Dogma repeats a version of itself in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and the Clerks Cartoon doesn't even count (except Bear is Driving - he rules us all). Best just to offer it all to God and let Her it out while you kick back and enjoy the witty dialogue and ass-fucking jokesthat are the spine of most View Askew productions"

Kevin Smith October 25 2003

That really doesn't confirm that "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" isn't the same day as "Clerks"...