Author Topic: Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)  (Read 1235 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)
« on: February 04, 2006, 06:54:39 PM »
That guy is a fucking genius, the movies from the ViewAskewniverse (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) are among my favourite movies. Jay is one of the funniest movie characters of all time, his monologue in Clerks in classic:

Man, I feel good today Silent Bob, we're gonna make some money. And you know what we're gonna go? We're gonna go to that party, we're gonna get some pussy. I'm gonna fuck this bitch I'm gonna fuck this bitch, I'll fuck anything that moves! Yo, what the fuck are you lookin' at? I'll kick your fuckin' ass! Shit, yeah. Don't that motherfucker owe me ten bucks? Ya know fuckin' tonight, we're gonna rip off this fuckers head, take out his fuckin' soul. Remind me if he tries to buy something, I'm gonna shit in the motherfuckers bag.

Yo what's up baby? What's up sluts? Yeah.

Silent Bob, you're a lewd motherfucker you know that? Cute as hell. I'd like to go down on you, suck you. Line up three other guys, make like a circus seal.

Eww you fuckin' faggot! I hate guys... I love women! What you want Grizzley Adams?

If you haven't seen any, or have only seen some I recommend watching all 5.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Anyone else dig Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma etc)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Chasing Amy wasn't really a comedy but the small Jay and Silent Bob scene from it was among their best.

I can't wait for Clerks 2.

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »
Jay is the greatest
"fuck fuck, mutha mutha fuck fuck, mutha fuck mutha fuck noise noise noise"
"20 bucks little man put that shit in my hand if that money doesnt show then you owe me owe me owe "JUNGLE LOVE" owee owee oh!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »
Yeah they are all great and very funny movies.  The audio commentary in Mallrats is fucking hilarious too. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 07:42:16 PM »
Chasing Amy wasn't really a comedy but the small Jay and Silent Bob scene from it was among their best.

Chasing Amy had some comedic elements to it, Jason Lee's character's repressed homosexuality (a recurring theme in these movies) is quite funny, but other than that it is a good movie with a really strong storyline.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 08:11:43 PM »
Kevin Smith is definetly in my top 5 movie directors list. I think i've talked on here about his movies before. I can't wait till Clerks II comes out.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »
Yup...I own all them movies. Funny shit....

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 02:07:38 AM »
ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS ARE GONNA PAY. YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL LICKERS.

yep, those movies are dope, i've probably watched all 5 of these movies more than any other movie, the only movie of kevin smith's i havent liked it jersey girl (because it was ass), clerks 2 will be dope too, glad to see they decided to make it, instead of retiring the jay & silent bob characters
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 06:23:21 AM »
ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS ARE GONNA PAY. YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL LICKERS.

yep, those movies are dope, i've probably watched all 5 of these movies more than any other movie, the only movie of kevin smith's i havent liked it jersey girl (because it was ass), clerks 2 will be dope too, glad to see they decided to make it, instead of retiring the jay & silent bob characters

I haven't seen Jersey Girl, don't really plan on it either but I agree, I'm glad to see they're not getting rid of Jay and Silent Bob.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 06:35:59 AM »
Yeah they are all great and very funny movies.
cosign...dogma is my fav tho

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 07:02:10 AM »
clerks 2 is gonna be the movie with jay & silent bob in it. jay & silent bob strike back was meant to be the last one, but kevin smith told jay that if he quit drugs, he'd do another movie involving those 2 characters

on a side note, all of the movies actually go along a time line too (not sure if most of you knew that)

first its clerks, then mallrats is set a few days later
then its chasing amy, with dogma set a few days after that

in between chasing amy & dogma, there's actually a comic which explains how they get from new jersey to chicago

i think there's also a comic which takes place in between dogma & jay & silent bob strike back also
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »

Chasing Amy had some comedic elements to it, Jason Lee's character's repressed homosexuality (a recurring theme in these movies) is quite funny, but other than that it is a good movie with a really strong storyline.

I also liked the scene in the bar where Affleck thinks the girl singing to him.

I wasn't trying to say Amy was bad by saying it wasn't a comedy, I was just trying to emphasize how funny the Jay and Silent Bob part in it is eventhough the movie wasn't a comedy.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 08:40:35 AM »

I also liked the scene in the bar where Affleck thinks the girl singing to him.

I wasn't trying to say Amy was bad by saying it wasn't a comedy, I was just trying to emphasize how funny the Jay and Silent Bob part in it is eventhough the movie wasn't a comedy.

Yeah, that bar scene is great. I think it's great how she runs down, and he gets ready for her to run up to him and she starts kissing the girl, Affleck's look is priceless.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 08:42:42 AM »
clerks 2 is gonna be the movie with jay & silent bob in it. jay & silent bob strike back was meant to be the last one, but kevin smith told jay that if he quit drugs, he'd do another movie involving those 2 characters

on a side note, all of the movies actually go along a time line too (not sure if most of you knew that)

first its clerks, then mallrats is set a few days later
then its chasing amy, with dogma set a few days after that

in between chasing amy & dogma, there's actually a comic which explains how they get from new jersey to chicago

i think there's also a comic which takes place in between dogma & jay & silent bob strike back also

It's hard to say because of some inconsistencies, such as the beginning of Jay and Silent Bob has the dialogue (Are you even supposed to be here today?) from Clerks, along with the sign that is made in Clerks (Yes We Are Open), so it references the previous movie.

Paris

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 03:09:50 PM »
I've seen all 5 movies and they're all pretty good, especially the Jay and Silent Bob scenes. Those are priceless. I think I liked Dogma the most, probably because Salma Hayek is in it and she is just so bonable.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels