Author Topic: Ice Cube's first single produced by Scott Storch, LP Release Date...  (Read 1424 times)

Eihtball

Re: Ice Cube's first single produced by Scott Storch, LP Release Date...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 12:30:25 PM »
but they didnt mention any westcoast producers  :(

Scott Storch is close enough, I guess.

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 12:52:47 PM »
Fredwreck WILL be on Cube's new album.
Comin from Wreck's official website.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 03:12:47 PM »
I'm not a big Scott Storch fan.  Hated Lean Back, Candy Shop, etc.   I also wasn't big on the idea of the Neptunes on there either, but I thought Chrome & Paint came off well.  I've liked every leaked song so far - and I've been really feelin his subject matter lately.  Finally an album that actually has something to say.  It'd be dope if The Bomb Squad showed up as well.  I'm buying when it drops.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »
looking forward to it

Well its not a big list of worthy westcoast producers.DJ Quik,Dr. Dre, J.Wells,DJ Khalil and Fredwreck.Thats it.

Dre is the only one on that list who i really want to see on there. i wouldnt mind fred wreck either
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »
good news. with yuks new album, this is at the top of my list.

Suga Foot

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »
I'm not really expecting an amazing album outta cube, just something to bump for a few months like his last couple albums.  And I'm sure that's what we'll get.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 05:35:19 PM »
I'm not really expecting an amazing album outta cube, just something to bump for a few months like his last couple albums.  And I'm sure that's what we'll get.

I feel the same way. I always hope for the best, but it's best to be realistic about these things.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 09:55:17 PM »
shit i'm excited, i've been bumping all the tracks out so far.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 11:42:40 PM »
Cant wait for this album. I bumped "24 Mo Hours" the other day I forgot how sick this song was. Im defintiely fiending for more of those tracks, Battlecat and Ice Cube is a dope combo
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Okka

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 01:12:05 AM »
Ice Cube over a Swizz Beatz track  :o

I hope they make a dope track 2gether, "Sittin On 23z" is Swizz's latest dope beat, i hope he can produced some shit like that, and i'm hopin that Cube gets a "The Streets" or "The Way I Am" type of beat fom Scott Storch.

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 04:40:50 AM »
looking forward to it

Ice Cube over a Swizz Beatz track  :o

I hope they make a dope track 2gether, "Sittin On 23z" is Swizz's latest dope beat, i hope he can produced some shit like that, and i'm hopin that Cube gets a "The Streets" or "The Way I Am" type of beat fom Scott Storch.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 08:03:37 AM »
Rapper/actor Ice Cube has announced that he will release his seventh solo album, Laugh Now, Cry Later, in June via his independent label, Lench Mob Records.

The album is the follow-up to Ice Cube's Greatest Hits collection, which hit stores in 2001. The rapper, born O'Shea Jackson, put his film career on hold to focus on recording the new LP.

"It's a record that flows from kind of one tone to the next," Ice Cube told AllHipHop.com in a recent feature. "Laugh Now, Cry Later really is the state of the world in a way. You know, you could say it's the state of the world, the state of America, the state of urban America.

Now everybody's doing a lot of playing and nobody's really thinking about when God's gonna make us pay for all this at some point in time. That's really what inspired me to make it that title."

Scott Storch, Lil' Jon and Swizz Beatz are among the contributing producers on the 18-track album, with Snoop Dogg, WC and others making guest appearances.

The first single is the Scott Storch-produced social commentary titled "Why We Thugs."

Ice Cube started his career as a member of the pioneering rap group N.W.A., on Eric "Eazy E" Wright's Ruthless Records.

Ice Cube left the group because of a financial dispute with Wright and N.W.A.'s manager, Jerry Heller.

In 1990, he released his solo debut, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, which was followed by Death Certificate, War and Peace, Lethal Injection, The Predator and others.

Laugh Now, Cry Later hits stores June 6.
-----------------------------
So Cubes using one of Scotts Storch's beats to give him that summer hit single to kick off the buzz around the new LP.
18 tracks on the LP, good.

:cow:

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 08:09:54 AM »
Good to see a release date for this, a sign that things are coming together, finally.

hideout

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 07:33:09 AM »
2bad=/ scott storch must be the man who can get away with producing 25singles in one year and all the shit sounds a-like. its just dres style. just like 25% as good. ,P lets hope ice cube spitting can save it tho. 2bad scott storch was the go-to-guy-to-get-an-single-and-get-on-the-top40-list-to-move-some-albums of 05.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 08:22:18 AM »
2bad=/ scott storch must be the man who can get away with producing 25singles in one year and all the shit sounds a-like. its just dres style. just like 25% as good. ,P lets hope ice cube spitting can save it tho. 2bad scott storch was the go-to-guy-to-get-an-single-and-get-on-the-top40-list-to-move-some-albums of 05.

Too bad he wasn't even nominated for producer of the year at tha Grammy's and he had so many songs up in tha charts last year