Author Topic: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson  (Read 1997 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: Mark Cuban ethers Phil Jackson
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2006, 10:21:11 AM »
The Lakers, in need of good news, got a small dose Friday. They learned a technical foul called against Devean George in the Lakers' 102-87 loss at Dallas on Tuesday night was rescinded by the NBA.

"It didn't give me great joy, but it's nice to know there was some justice paid out there," Coach Phil Jackson said at Laker practice. "The league reviewed it and made the correct call."

Besides the technical on George, Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum were called for flagrant fouls and Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom were also called for technicals in the Dallas game.

Afterward, Jackson called it "a really poorly refereed game."

He also said that, because Maverick owner Mark Cuban puts added pressure on the referees, "these guys are nervous Nellies."

Phil won. The NBA indirectly admitted it.
TeeRaySix9Teen & Mark Cuban = blablablabla

wow, Phils bitching worked. More coaches should complain to the media about bad technicals. Like i said man, im not some Cuban supporter. The guy is kind of annoying to me, but i dont hate him either. Phil just acts like a baby sometimes because he's so used to getting the benefit when it comes to the officiating. God forbid HE should be on the short side of the stick sometimes too. By the way...are u still cheering for the Lakers? Just wondering, they havent been playin well lately. Thought maybe u jumped the bandwagon or somethin. Just curious.

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »
Like i said i won't waste my time arguing with you no more, fool.
You had a chance but you wasted it by acting immature.
I just wanted to close this topic with the final word, the one of the NBA.
Don't bitch.
Byeeeeeeeeee.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
Like i said i won't waste my time arguing with you no more, fool.
You had a chance but you wasted it by acting immature.
I just wanted to close this topic with the final word, the one of the NBA.
Don't bitch.
Byeeeeeeeeee.

lol@acting immature. "i just wanted to close this topic with the final word". Wow.

acbaylove

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
Complete the sentence, moron. It wasn't my word, but the NBA one. The only one that counts something. Now stop bitching kid, you ain't even on my level so shut up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2006, 05:51:43 PM »
And Kobe who gets his fair share off ticky tack calls in his favor every game. he's had Fish who would flop and get a call if u breathed on him. Shit, he even had the Mailman, who flopped all game even when a 5'10", 175 pound point guard ran into him.

OMG. Man, are you fuckin' nuts? Kobe gets pounded almost every single time he takes it in...Only about 25% of those poundings actually get called. Why do you think Kobe has a league leading 11 techs? And you obviously don't know shit about basketball if you don't know what gaining position for the charge is. Derek Fisher was an expert at this, getting positioned does not equal a flop. Now Manu Ginobli, that's a whole different story...PeACe

LOL ive watched so many games with Kobe man, especially this year. The man gets a TON of garbage calls that go his way. Its not only him, its most superstars. But he's no exception. U know how many fouls ive seen get called on a Kobe jump shot, where the replay even shows him not getting touched? (the probably dont show that angle on Fox lol). Its ridiculous. As for Derek, cmon man. Dont buy into the comments from Stu and company. They act as if Fish was a superstar lol. But its well known how big of a flopper he is. What did they call it? The "Fisher Flop"? Im not arguin whether Manu does it or not, he does. But he is also a very awkward player sometimes. Not really his fault, just how he is.

EVERY superstar gets garbage calls, but along with that, Kobe blatantly gets hated on by the refs. You mean to tell me that you haven't seen Kobe get pounded in the lane by 4 guys jumping into him with no call? Kobe is probably one of the worst officiated superstars ever...As for Fisher, once again, it's called getting in position. Fisher used to take some beatings to get those calls, he'd get ran over by big ass guys, it's a fundamental thing as well as a sacrafice. Cook is also a good example of a player who knows who to gain positioning...

lol u mean to tell me u havent seen kobe shoot a fadeaway three with no contact at all, only to fling his arms in the air and get a bogus call? Seen it a million times. He isnt hated on by the refs lol Thats fuckin retarded man. he gets as many bullshit calls as anyone ive seen in the league right now, easy. U just see Kobe bitch alot to the refs, and of course...u being u...believe Kobe till the end. Kobe just thinks he should get a call anytime he misses a shot. Youre killin me with this fisher thing man lol u act like he's WAY better then he is. He was a flopper...plain and simple.

With no contact at all? No. LOL. MAYBE like once or twice in his career. There's almost always contact when Kobe shoots, sometimes the reply just shows Kobe initiating the contact. You're acting as if the refs don't fuck up with EVERYBODY. The fact is, that Kobe gets pounded, ALWAYS. You mean to tell me you haven't seen Kobe drive into the lane, go for a lay-up, only to get slammed by 3 bodies in mid-air with NO call. Then what happens after? Kobe turns around and gives the refs these "WHAT THE FUCK?!" gestures. He then picks up a tech...The refs straight hate him, man, I can't believe you don't see what I'm saying? Kobe's reputation draws 2 defenders alone, and they NEVER go easy on Kobe. They pound him the whole game, so only when they REALLY pound him does he get the call...Don't deny this, man. The refs fuck up all the time, and sure they've fucked up in Kobe's favor a few times, but not nearly as much as they've fucked up in his opponents favor. How can you even say Kobe isn't hated on by the refs when he has a league leading 11 techs? And that's WITHOUT a reputation like Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest. That goes to show how frustrated the officiating on Kobe makes him...And about Fisher, he's not a great player. He's an excellent role player, and I love his defense for a point guard. I simply haven't heard anyone call him a flopper other than people who have no clue what they're talking about. Mostly casual basketball fans. Never heard it from an analyst, announcer, broadcaster, sportswriter, ANYTHING. There's a difference. Ginobli flops, Fisher precisions his positioning. Learn that difference...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2006, 05:58:40 PM »
Mavs >> Lakers

Phil: Got lucky with his teams.. barely makes the playoffs with a team that doesn't involve the best SG or the best C ever and a great sidekick each
How many rings did Jordan & Pippen have without Phil? How about Kobe & Shaq?

lol how many rings does Phil have without Jordan/Pippen? Kobe/Shaq?

What did Red Aurbach say about Phil? "He picks his spots"

Like Red Aurbach is one to talk, he had Russel & Havlichek. The Celtics won with Russel as a player/coach.

ok..so according to your quote. Phil was reason the Bulls and Lakers 3peated? Not Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe? lol Phil has always been overrated to me. He's a good coach and all, but not nearly as good as his win percentage says. This year he FINALLY has a team that isnt expected to at least compete for a title. It isnt like he's Larry Brown who has gone to numerous teams that were in terrible shape when he got there.

Phil Jackson is an excellent coach, one of the greatest if not the greatest...There's nothing more to it. Look at the Lakers last year with Frank Hamblen as the head coach as opposed to this year with Phil...Red was making those comments because he's jealous that people look at Phil as the greatest coach and not him...It's pretty much bullshit, if you take into account the fact that the teams he's lead to domination weren't exactly dominating before he took over... :-\

so youd give him the nod over a coach like say Larry Brown, because of the championships? Even tho Brown has takin over teams like the Clips and the Knicks now. Teams that would be lucky to win 30 games, but need help rebuilding. I think u could put a lot of coaches in Phils situations, and theyd have the same amount of championships. This isnt just some shot at Phil, it goes back to what i said before. Players win championships, not coaches. In the NBA especially. Coaches are HUGE in college, highschool, etc. When they are stll at the stage of "teaching".

But look what Brown is doing with the Knicks...NOTHING. Of course I'd take a coach like Phil Jackson over Larry Brown ANY day. And I disagree with the fact that there are many coaches who woulda won the same amount of rings if placed in Phil's shoes...I think a coach has a lot to do with a teams success, the way the offense is ran, the way the players play defense, who takes who, who does what... the coaches dictate all that. You tend to make illogical statements regarding basketball...Coaches teach, true, but that's not even in their job description, some coaches just do that as a bonus. Coaches mean more than you think...PeACe

Yeah, Brown took over a terrible team. Worse then the Laker team Phil took over. That was my point tho. Brown doesnt have the win percentage of a Phil Jackson because he's taken over struggling franchises time and time again. If Brown (or a lot of other coaches) simply went to organizations with a great chance for success....theyd have some unbelievable win percentage. U honestly think if Larry Brown coaches the Bulls of the 90's with Jordan, they wouldnt have won as many rings? LOL yeah right. I can promise u, if Phil was never a Laker head coach...u guys would all be sayin the same thing about him that im saying. BUT, he coaches the Lakers, and was there when Shaq and Kobe were winning championships...so u guys adore him. If the Lakers make the playoffs this year...who gets the credit? Kobe...or Phil? Nobody out there is saying that Phil is doing some amazing job with the Lakers. Cept u guys of course

WTF are you talking about...LOLLL. Knicks were a better team than the Lakers last year, IN THE EAST. On top of that, they've improved their talent in the off-season way more than the Lakers (Curry, James, Q, Frye, Lee, Woods, Robinson, Jalen, etc.). Honestly, I thought the Knicks would easily be a playoff team this year...I bet you anything Phil Jackson coulda' easily gotten them there. I honestly don't think Brown woulda' had the longetivity to get the Bulls 6 championships, or the Lakers 3...See how quickly he failed the Pistons? A coach like Phil woulda led that roster to AT LEAST a 3peat...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2006, 06:01:59 PM »
The Lakers, in need of good news, got a small dose Friday. They learned a technical foul called against Devean George in the Lakers' 102-87 loss at Dallas on Tuesday night was rescinded by the NBA.

"It didn't give me great joy, but it's nice to know there was some justice paid out there," Coach Phil Jackson said at Laker practice. "The league reviewed it and made the correct call."

Besides the technical on George, Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum were called for flagrant fouls and Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom were also called for technicals in the Dallas game.

Afterward, Jackson called it "a really poorly refereed game."

He also said that, because Maverick owner Mark Cuban puts added pressure on the referees, "these guys are nervous Nellies."

Phil won. The NBA indirectly admitted it.
TeeRaySix9Teen & Mark Cuban = blablablabla

LOL. There were WAY worse calls than that technical on George in that game...Jackson was obviously right, the NBA even went as far as doing something about it...Hopefully, the 3 refs who reffed that game wont be re-hired by Mr. Stern again for next season. That'll teach their ass a lesson...

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2006, 04:54:30 AM »
And Kobe who gets his fair share off ticky tack calls in his favor every game. he's had Fish who would flop and get a call if u breathed on him. Shit, he even had the Mailman, who flopped all game even when a 5'10", 175 pound point guard ran into him.

OMG. Man, are you fuckin' nuts? Kobe gets pounded almost every single time he takes it in...Only about 25% of those poundings actually get called. Why do you think Kobe has a league leading 11 techs? And you obviously don't know shit about basketball if you don't know what gaining position for the charge is. Derek Fisher was an expert at this, getting positioned does not equal a flop. Now Manu Ginobli, that's a whole different story...PeACe

LOL ive watched so many games with Kobe man, especially this year. The man gets a TON of garbage calls that go his way. Its not only him, its most superstars. But he's no exception. U know how many fouls ive seen get called on a Kobe jump shot, where the replay even shows him not getting touched? (the probably dont show that angle on Fox lol). Its ridiculous. As for Derek, cmon man. Dont buy into the comments from Stu and company. They act as if Fish was a superstar lol. But its well known how big of a flopper he is. What did they call it? The "Fisher Flop"? Im not arguin whether Manu does it or not, he does. But he is also a very awkward player sometimes. Not really his fault, just how he is.

EVERY superstar gets garbage calls, but along with that, Kobe blatantly gets hated on by the refs. You mean to tell me that you haven't seen Kobe get pounded in the lane by 4 guys jumping into him with no call? Kobe is probably one of the worst officiated superstars ever...As for Fisher, once again, it's called getting in position. Fisher used to take some beatings to get those calls, he'd get ran over by big ass guys, it's a fundamental thing as well as a sacrafice. Cook is also a good example of a player who knows who to gain positioning...

lol u mean to tell me u havent seen kobe shoot a fadeaway three with no contact at all, only to fling his arms in the air and get a bogus call? Seen it a million times. He isnt hated on by the refs lol Thats fuckin retarded man. he gets as many bullshit calls as anyone ive seen in the league right now, easy. U just see Kobe bitch alot to the refs, and of course...u being u...believe Kobe till the end. Kobe just thinks he should get a call anytime he misses a shot. Youre killin me with this fisher thing man lol u act like he's WAY better then he is. He was a flopper...plain and simple.

With no contact at all? No. LOL. MAYBE like once or twice in his career. There's almost always contact when Kobe shoots, sometimes the reply just shows Kobe initiating the contact. You're acting as if the refs don't fuck up with EVERYBODY. The fact is, that Kobe gets pounded, ALWAYS. You mean to tell me you haven't seen Kobe drive into the lane, go for a lay-up, only to get slammed by 3 bodies in mid-air with NO call. Then what happens after? Kobe turns around and gives the refs these "WHAT THE FUCK?!" gestures. He then picks up a tech...The refs straight hate him, man, I can't believe you don't see what I'm saying? Kobe's reputation draws 2 defenders alone, and they NEVER go easy on Kobe. They pound him the whole game, so only when they REALLY pound him does he get the call...Don't deny this, man. The refs fuck up all the time, and sure they've fucked up in Kobe's favor a few times, but not nearly as much as they've fucked up in his opponents favor. How can you even say Kobe isn't hated on by the refs when he has a league leading 11 techs? And that's WITHOUT a reputation like Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest. That goes to show how frustrated the officiating on Kobe makes him...And about Fisher, he's not a great player. He's an excellent role player, and I love his defense for a point guard. I simply haven't heard anyone call him a flopper other than people who have no clue what they're talking about. Mostly casual basketball fans. Never heard it from an analyst, announcer, broadcaster, sportswriter, ANYTHING. There's a difference. Ginobli flops, Fisher precisions his positioning. Learn that difference...PeACe

once or twice in his career? LOL!!!!! wtf! Now i know youre talkin as a fan man. u say u watch more Laker ball then me, and ive seen that like 5 times this year. Where he shoots a jumper and just flings his arms in the air to make it look like he got hit. Where even the announcers commented on it. Kobe being hated on by the refs is seriously one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. to anyone outside the "Laker fans", we see Kobe gettin bullshit calls left and right. He just complains alot about calls, and u guys will always take his side. So when he complains, u HAVE TO believe he's right. He's Kobe. Kobe wouldnt complain if it werent true. LOL. Or....maybe he's a whiner. OR, maybe he knows that when u complain to the refs enough...eventually they give u what u want (learnin from Phil).

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2006, 04:58:10 AM »
Complete the sentence, moron. It wasn't my word, but the NBA one. The only one that counts something. Now stop bitching kid, you ain't even on my level so shut up.

look bandwagon. the NBA retracting one of the technicals doesnt prove Jacksons point. The NBA didnt say "the refs made bogus calls because theyre scared of Cuban". THAT was Phils point. Did the league say that? No. Therefor, they didnt confirm his point. See?

Btw, Lakers lost to Memphis tonight. Shit! Now u gotta wait another day or two to become a Laker fan again (if they win the next game).  :oi: Shame on fake fans...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »

once or twice in his career? LOL!!!!! wtf! Now i know youre talkin as a fan man. u say u watch more Laker ball then me, and ive seen that like 5 times this year. Where he shoots a jumper and just flings his arms in the air to make it look like he got hit. Where even the announcers commented on it. Kobe being hated on by the refs is seriously one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. to anyone outside the "Laker fans", we see Kobe gettin bullshit calls left and right. He just complains alot about calls, and u guys will always take his side. So when he complains, u HAVE TO believe he's right. He's Kobe. Kobe wouldnt complain if it werent true. LOL. Or....maybe he's a whiner. OR, maybe he knows that when u complain to the refs enough...eventually they give u what u want (learnin from Phil).

Or maybe there's a thing called replay. Man, they show a replay of Kobe undeniably getting pounded with no call whatsoever EVERY GAME. It even happened in last nights game, it was fuckin' ridiculous...You said Kobe drawing a foul with NO contact whatsoever. That's RARELY happened...Kobe has flung his arms into the opponents hand and made it look like a foul, but that's also a rarity. And the refs fuck up like that with everyone...I don't know how you don't see this? You don't see what I'm saying about Kobe getting pounded with no whistles? I know for a fact that if you watch as much Lakers as you claim you do, then you know exactly what I'm saying...PeAcE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »

look bandwagon. the NBA retracting one of the technicals doesnt prove Jacksons point. The NBA didnt say "the refs made bogus calls because theyre scared of Cuban". THAT was Phils point. Did the league say that? No. Therefor, they didnt confirm his point. See?

Obviously, the NBA went back and reviewed the tapes...They wouldn't have done that if they felt like Phil's comments were completely invalid and incorrect. Is that not true?

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

Or maybe there's a thing called replay. Man, they show a replay of Kobe undeniably getting pounded with no call whatsoever EVERY GAME. It even happened in last nights game, it was fuckin' ridiculous...You said Kobe drawing a foul with NO contact whatsoever. That's RARELY happened...Kobe has flung his arms into the opponents hand and made it look like a foul, but that's also a rarity. And the refs fuck up like that with everyone...I don't know how you don't see this? You don't see what I'm saying about Kobe getting pounded with no whistles? I know for a fact that if you watch as much Lakers as you claim you do, then you know exactly what I'm saying...PeAcE

and at the same time, the refs miss calls every night on every player. The bigs get it way worse then Kobe would ever get it. They get hammered all game with no call. Younger players with no reps, get screwed all game. Especially when playing against a player as big as Kobe, or any star. Players with a bad rep in the league like Rasheed get screwed left and right. Kobe is none of those. He doesnt get it any worse then anyone. Im not saying he's the only player to fake like he's fouled. Shit, Reggie Miller was the king of that shit. But dont deny that Kobe does it too. "I dont know how u dont see this"?"

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2006, 12:06:57 PM »

Obviously, the NBA went back and reviewed the tapes...They wouldn't have done that if they felt like Phil's comments were completely invalid and incorrect. Is that not true?

i believe that when a coach publicly criticizes the refereeing in a game....the league will review it. Also, i guarentee u the league doesnt care for Cuban.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »

and at the same time, the refs miss calls every night on every player. The bigs get it way worse then Kobe would ever get it. They get hammered all game with no call. Younger players with no reps, get screwed all game. Especially when playing against a player as big as Kobe, or any star. Players with a bad rep in the league like Rasheed get screwed left and right. Kobe is none of those. He doesnt get it any worse then anyone. Im not saying he's the only player to fake like he's fouled. Shit, Reggie Miller was the king of that shit. But dont deny that Kobe does it too. "I dont know how u dont see this"?"

You're saying that there is someone out there who draws more attention and gets pounded, double/tripple-teamed, and hammered more than Kobe? I don't think so...My point was that Kobe doesn't get those superstar luxuries because the refs hate him...Watch LeBron being reffed, it's like he sucks the refs' dick for an hour before the game...How you don't see what I'm saying is amazing to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2006, 12:17:58 PM »

i believe that when a coach publicly criticizes the refereeing in a game....the league will review it. Also, i guarentee u the league doesnt care for Cuban.

Coaches always complain. How often do they go back and change calls? I think that's a very strong gesture...