Author Topic: So who copped the new Dilated Peoples 20|20?  (Read 389 times)

Don Seer

So who copped the new Dilated Peoples 20|20?
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:12:41 AM »

it was out over here today (20th) amazon says tomorrow (21st) is the US release..

i'm not overly impressed with it, wasnt with neighborhood watch really.. its solid but nothing jumps out at you

oh and btw.. it was only 9.99 in my local virgin megastore..

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So who copped the new Dilated Peoples 20|20?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:18:40 AM »
here is what i posted in the other thread but it didnt get any replies:

I finally got a chance to listen to this album and Im disappointed. Dilated fans might like this shit but to me its straight up boring. Every track sounds exactly the same and there's no diversity in the beats, basically a typical Dilated album. They spit some dope verses here and there, and Defari got a tight verse on his feature. But overall it didn't do it for me. "Back Again", "Kindness For Weakness", and "You Can't Hide"  are the only standout tracks imo.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
^really? i already have back again and kindness for weakness... so maybe ima pass on this one.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:04:32 AM »
i disagree strongly...........i've been bumpin' the download for two weeks now and i think its their best album since the platform..........but not everyone is into them, i mean, there are no club bangers or street anthems, just straight up quality hip hop.............i think they bring like most dont, but thats just my opinion...............
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »
I thought it was pretty dope, a little short.. but got some good tracks. not their best work though.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 11:04:13 AM »
I finally got a chance to listen to this album and Im disappointed. Dilated fans might like this shit but to me its straight up boring. Every track sounds exactly the same and there's no diversity in the beats, basically a typical Dilated album. They spit some dope verses here and there, and Defari got a tight verse on his feature. But overall it didn't do it for me. "Back Again", "Kindness For Weakness", and "You Can't Hide"  are the only standout tracks imo

exactly what i was thinking. i listened to it once and havent heard it since. most of it is boring and sound the same
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 11:07:17 AM »

something else too.. did you notice how many self-referential tracks there were? many were on subjects that were the focus of just one bar on their previous albums.. its like the labels forced them to recycle a formula.. dilute and rinse..

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »
Well, I bought Neighbourhood Watch but I was a bit disappointed by that album. I mean, the lyrics are overall on point, but there's just something missing in my opinion. I find it hard to play that album in its entirety. Perhaps they would sound better on more "aggressive" beats, but then again, that's not DP's style I guess.
That's why I decided not to buy 20/20...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 12:47:27 PM »
I finally got a chance to listen to this album and Im disappointed. Dilated fans might like this shit but to me its straight up boring. Every track sounds exactly the same and there's no diversity in the beats, basically a typical Dilated album. They spit some dope verses here and there, and Defari got a tight verse on his feature. But overall it didn't do it for me. "Back Again", "Kindness For Weakness", and "You Can't Hide"  are the only standout tracks imo

exactly what i was thinking. i listened to it once and havent heard it since. most of it is boring and sound the same

We Fly High

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
yeah like man said above, the dilated peoples just keep on rehashing all their songs, like every single one of their songs sounds just like the other, theres no diversity.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 04:13:15 AM »
and they forgot to put a banger on this one too..

StyleOverSubstance

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 04:17:34 AM »
^^^^^true

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 10:17:14 AM »
no banger???

besides the aforementioned back again, and kindness for weakness, the certified banger on this one is firepower. capleton kills it. there is definitely nothing that touches 'this way' and it is there weakest album to date, but its a good album.

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »
Dilated isn't really my cup of tea.  I was thinkin of checkin this album out, but maybe I won't now.  I'll listen to it at best buy or something first I guess.

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »
i disagree strongly...........i've been bumpin' the download for two weeks now and i think its their best album since the platform..........but not everyone is into them, i mean, there are no club bangers or street anthems, just straight up quality hip hop.............i think they bring like most dont, but thats just my opinion...............
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden